Is it really 60 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverjelly

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Speaking from experience, have any of you received the online MCAT scores earlier than 60 days? If so, how many days did it take? I'm trying to figure out if I can get my MCAT scores in a certain week this October or the next one.

Help?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

silverjelly said:
Speaking from experience, have any of you received the online MCAT scores earlier than 60 days? If so, how many days did it take. I'm trying to figure out if I can get my MCAT scores in a certain week this October or the next one.

Help?

Thanks.

It really is 60 days. I've been through 4 cycles of this on SDN and they've always been available around midnight central time on the 59th day.

EDIT: I'm going to commemorate this post as my "serious post that got the most annoying response". I hate it when posters ask a question and then blow off answers. :mad:

silverjelly said:
Thanks, MoosePilot. Anyone else? (but I guess if Moose is right, you probably agree)

MoosePilot said:
It really is 60 days. I've been through 4 cycles of this on SDN and they've always been available around midnight central time on the 59th day.

Thanks, MoosePilot. Anyone else? (but I guess if Moose is right, you probably agree)

silverjelly said:

It has always been 60 days. It took 60 days in April and last August.

Members don't see this ad :)
MoosePilot said:

actually the april 2005 scores were available at 9 p.m. central time on the 59th day.

No, you get them online. I remember the day before, I Was so nervous, checking the damn site about every 5 minutes. When it says the scores will be up in a few minutes, I thought I was going to die. It's the worst feeling, cause you know all the waiting is up. My dad saw the scores first, and goes "oh no". It felt like a slap in the face, so I retook them in August. Get to go through them all voer again. ANd then when the snail mail comes, it's like a slap all over again. Although I was away when they came, my mom read it jsut to make sure it was the same score.

I agree with a previous poster and can understand why someone would want to see their scores via snail mail rather than online. It's just so weird having your scores pop up on the computer screen that you use for e-mailing, chatting, etc. It's just more natural and a little more comforting to open a package, I think. Plus, if someone happens to be behind you and goes "what's that?" and sees your scores and wants you to explain what it means, and you did bad, it would be a really horrible feeling. However, I think my anxiousness to see the scores sooner will overcome my discomfort with seeing them online. Dunno 'bout u. :idea:

musiclink213 said:
No, you get them online. I remember the day before, I Was so nervous, checking the damn site about every 5 minutes. When it says the scores will be up in a few minutes, I thought I was going to die. It's the worst feeling, cause you know all the waiting is up. My dad saw the scores first, and goes "oh no". It felt like a slap in the face, so I retook them in August. Get to go through them all voer again. ANd then when the snail mail comes, it's like a slap all over again. Although I was away when they came, my mom read it jsut to make sure it was the same score.

i read that the scores would be posted sometime after 9 when i checked in around 7-8 on the day they were posted. i killed 12 beers asap so when i actually got the scores i was good and soust. i kept hitting the the reload button once it got to be 9 oclock and needless to say i was elated when i actually saw. but man it was one of the most nerve racking things i have done. i wish you the best of luck, but i recommend getting drunk before.

glp said:
i read that the scores would be posted sometime after 9 when i checked in around 7-8 on the day they were posted. i killed 12 beers asap so when i actually got the scores i was good and soust. i kept hitting the the reload button once it got to be 9 oclock and needless to say i was elated when i actually saw. but man it was one of the most nerve racking things i have done. i wish you the best of luck, but i recommend getting drunk before.
I see you're in OK, which I think has a different time zone, so it was 10 for me. So I guess it goes up at the same time everywhere, just depends on what time it is for you. I've thouhgt about getting drunk before, it would mean either if it's bad, the score won't hit me as much, if it's good, then it means I started my celebration early. Although if I did bad, then the next morning, I am hungover and still did bad. So I think I'll keep my sobriety. Besides, I KNOW I did better this time around (if I say it enough, do you think the MCAT gods will get the picture and make sure it's much better than last time, maybe change all my answers to the right ones before it gets scanned?)

Actually, my mom is convinced that I am doing good this time, because she went to a fortune teller who told her that one of her daughters is going to be a doctor. This was before she even knew that my mom had any daughters, let alone what we're studying. And I'm hoping that she was talking about me, because my sister faints at the site of blood, gets queasy whenever something in our bodies cracks, so I don't think her and med school would work out. Right now, that's what I'm hanging on to as hope that my scores will be better.

MoosePilot said:

it's a little creepy that they release the scores with such clockwork precision. it sounds like some bizarre ancient ritual.

Scewby Doo 1973 said:
it's a little creepy that they release the scores with such clockwork precision. it sounds like some bizarre ancient ritual.

I agree, Scooby, oops: Scewby. Wee-iiiird . . . .

gujuDoc said:
What is even weirder are the things they say on the website, like "just a few more minutes" "almost done" etc.

Oh really? What the hell? Who are these AAMC guys, human droids? I don't want to hear "almost done"! What if they mean my life? :laugh:

silverjelly said:
I don't want to hear "almost done"! What if they mean my life? :laugh:

Don't be so dramatic -- they only mean your hopes, dreams, and any chance you once had at happiness. ;)

Dreams will be fulfilled
Destiny will be determined
Many would go on same or different paths

musiclink213 said:
I see you're in OK, which I think has a different time zone, so it was 10 for me. So I guess it goes up at the same time everywhere, just depends on what time it is for you. I've thouhgt about getting drunk before, it would mean either if it's bad, the score won't hit me as much, if it's good, then it means I started my celebration early. Although if I did bad, then the next morning, I am hungover and still did bad. So I think I'll keep my sobriety. Besides, I KNOW I did better this time around (if I say it enough, do you think the MCAT gods will get the picture and make sure it's much better than last time, maybe change all my answers to the right ones before it gets scanned?)

Actually, my mom is convinced that I am doing good this time, because she went to a fortune teller who told her that one of her daughters is going to be a doctor. This was before she even knew that my mom had any daughters, let alone what we're studying. And I'm hoping that she was talking about me, because my sister faints at the site of blood, gets queasy whenever something in our bodies cracks, so I don't think her and med school would work out. Right now, that's what I'm hanging on to as hope that my scores will be better.

Hey, I bet it turns out that your sister is the doc.

It would be nerve-racking for me if I were finding out if I'm getting 50 million bucks or not. But it's only a silly score for a professional school. Forget it!

SearsTower said:
Hey, I bet it turns out that your sister is the doc.

Now that would be upsetting. Especially cause she's about to graduate as a speech pathologist. :eek:

musiclink213 said:
Now that would be upsetting. Especially cause she's about to graduate as a speech pathologist. :eek:

Tough luck, kid. Better find a new career.

gujuDoc said:
Or they could use any other option of finding a route to becoming a doctor like the Carribbean, DO schools, etc. It does not mean they have to find a new career. That is not really the thing I'd say to someone who is a nervous wreck over their MCAT scores right now.

Appreciate you sticking up for me, but I'm not a complete nervous wreck over my scores. I meant my post kind of in a joking manner. Seriously, you don't know my sister. She can't even watch blood on TV. ER grosses her out, and whever they do surgery on Grey's Anatomy, she has to turn away. When I hurt my knee and knocked it out of alignment, my sister couldn't look at my leg for a month because she would get sick from the way it looked. She got a little scratch on her finger, and started screaming "I'M BLEEDING!!!! I NEED STITCHES!!!!!! OH MY G-D!!!!!!!!!" It's kind of funny, but I really can't see her in medical school. If it did happen, and she did decide to take biology and chemistry, well...... She took non-majors bio and I did all her work. She had to take chemistry for her certification, and I can't even begin to tell you all the tears she cried over it, and she just needed to pass! It wasn't even counting in her GPA. But I guess the only way to find out which one of us will be a doctor is to keep going through life and see how the events play each other out.

Yeah.. I agree that going to the path and figuring out what goes on the way is a way to go!!!

I'm torn between waiting for snail-mail results and looking them up online.

Looking them up online seems more nervewracking to me for some reason, plus you can always wonder "maybe those aren't my REAL scores, they screwed something up with their database". Getting that letter in the mail is the real deal, and it is how I always pictured in my head recieving my scores. However, I'm being realistic, and there's probably no way I can wait a few more days when all I have to do is go online to end my pain.

I gave my parents' address as the address where the score report would get sent because I was moving when I registered for the MCAT last spring. So my mom started threatening that she was going to open my scores and look at them first. (This is kind of a joke between us now, because she really did do this to me ten years ago when I took the test the first time, and I could have just killed her!) This time, I told her that if she was going to be that way, I was going to check my score report on line but make her wait three weeks until the paper one came to her house before she'd find out what my new score was. :smuggrin: What we ended up doing is that I had her on the phone when I logged in, and then I made her guess what I had scored. Her first guess was wrong, and then she started guessing lower so I finally just blurted it out. :laugh:

Anyway, I can't speak for anyone else, but my philosophy is that you should go ahead and check, because you know that those scores are there, and you also know that you're not going to be able to think about anything else anyway until you see them. :p Good luck to all the Aug. test-takers, and hang in there....it won't be long now. :luck: