MCAT Registration - waiting and waiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SgtDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the usua lwait time to get on the MCAT site to register? When I go to register, it says this:

WELCOME TO MCAT REGISTRATION AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.
You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request during this busy time.

The page keeps refreshing every minute or so, as it has been doing for 45 minutes.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, 54 minutes later and it worked. Geez...
ive been waiting for an hour too. i got in once but my internet d/c'ed. the center closest to me was only showing 8AM time too. i think its filling up really fast. beats me why theres only ONE june test date.

ive been waiting for an hour too. i got in once but my internet d/c'ed. the center closest to me was only showing 8AM time too. i think its filling up really fast. beats me why theres only ONE june test date.

Oh and the best thing is once it let me login, it said there was an error and they could not process my request. Luckily I clicked the back button and it let me try again (and it worked). I'm now registered for the 6/13 exam. Anyone scared that it will be Friday the 13th? Haha...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having a ridiculously hard time trying to reschedule my exam date. I've been trying for the past 3 hours. After you enter your login information, you click the how to reschedule link correct? I've done this and I just get sent back to the waiting screen. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm running out of patience.

I want to access the site at 12 am on April 7th for the Canadian registration. Should I stay logged in now or should I log in at 12?

>.< Help!

Hey yazz, I'm in the same boat as you. The problem is I don't know whether or not registration will open at 12 or 1 or 6 or 7 am... I wonder what I should do, maybe stay up all night staring at my screen and skip all monday classes!

Edit: 11 PM: The MCAT Scheduling and Registration System is currently down for maintenance. Please try again alter. - wtf

AUGH

I've been watching the "WELCOME TO MCAT REGISTRATION AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE" page for about an hour and a half now.

I'm pretty sure they're not opening at 12 - I'll probably just take my chances and get up at 7. I doubt they're cruel enough to choose some arbitrary time like 5 am or something.

You'll probably end up skipping morning classes though. I heard some people have to wait hours after registration officially begins.

Yeah this is awful. It's not that you can't get in - apparently the system is down for maintenance. Until when I do not know.

how do you know it's down for maintenance? it's still telling me to keep waiting, etc. once you get in, does it just tell you that you can't register?

Yeah same here. I got the "down for maintenance" page a little before 12, but then when it reloaded it took me to the waiting page. And I'm still on it.

I got inside the registration and I kept the page refreshing to avoid getting timed out. I was at the "choose your date + country screen" when suddenly in between refreshes it changed to this page and it's been so eversince.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in before 12... I think it showed this message right near the border of 12.

Oh no! That must have been so frustrating. So do you think it's open now then? It seems like it's taking a really long time (it's 10:30 here, I've been waiting about an hour and 20 minutes).

Aww, that's so disappointing! Are you trying again or will you wait for tomorrow morning?

Well it's 2 AM here. I'm going to sleep for a few hours then wake up and try again. This is not good for my health.

I waited until past 12 last night (pacific time) and then the site went down for maintenance. Now I'm waiting with the 'patience screen' again. What about you?

Same. I was up til 1:30 and have been up every 30 minutes since 6:30 (EST) and I've gotten the patience screen every time.

I'm in now, but it won't let me select my college. And then when I try to click past it, it won't let me. ARGGGH!!! I'm on the phone with them now.

I got in and stayed in during 6, 7, and 8 am, and still no Canada in the country select for the summer dates... still waiting. The patience screen seems much harder to get through now.

Now Canada is there, but you can't select the college that you're in. It just says "Canada" and the drop down menu doesn't appear. Should I just wait in here and keep refreshing/moving back and forth between the windows? I'm on hold with the MCAT people.

Oh yeah? That's really strange. I can't manage to sign up yet either. Let us know what the MCAT folks say.

I definitely will...45 minutes on hold, and I've been refreshing the site for about an hour...

It went to the registration page once and then it said "there was an error retrieving your information" and sent me back to the patience page.

An hour and a half later, I finally got in. Didn't experience any problems reserving a seat.

Agh, I got timed out and now patience screen again. Noooo!

Wait, so you registered and everything?? It's still not letting me choose the school I attend in Canada.

I finally got in, selected Canada, confirmation + payment no problem, will be taking it at Dixon Road (which for some reason had multiple 'slots'... hope its not some sort of bug) if all goes well.

I just got in too!! Yay! The same thing happened with my location...strange. Oh well, at least I have a seat!!

PS. The MCAT people never answered, so I hung up just now (2+ hours of holding).

how long did you guys have to wait at that waiting screen for? did you just use 1 tab?

bah im still waiting and waiting.. hopefully it lets me in soon to register so I can get this outta the way >_<