MCAT Registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1040417

When should you register for the MCAT? Is there a limit to the number of people that can take it on a given day? Any other info would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT registration will open November 10th for 2021. If you have a Twitter the AAMC profile tweets out the time it officially opens when it does.

The limit on the number of people who can take it depends on the number of spots at your local testing site. If your local Pearson has 12 seats, then only 12 people can sign up for that time. It’s advisable to sign up as soon as you can since spots do fill up.

You can check out the AAMC page about MCAT registration.

Reactions: 1 user
MCAT registration will open November 10th for 2021. If you have a Twitter the AAMC profile tweets out the time it officially opens when it does.

The limit on the number of people who can take it depends on the number of spots at your local testing site. If your local Pearson has 12 seats, then only 12 people can sign up for that time. It’s advisable to sign up as soon as you can since spots do fill up.

You can check out the AAMC page about MCAT registration.
This^^^^^. It should be pretty much the same as in past years. Social distancing requires the test centers to only operate at 50% of capacity, but they are now administering two tests per day, so they will have as much capacity as before.

The limit is the capacity at every center, but you will often have a choice of several centers within a reasonable distance and several dates within a reasonable time of each other. As stated above, popular locations and dates do fill up, and then you go on a WL. If you know when and where you want to test, there is no reason not to sign up early.

Reactions: 1 user
This^^^^^. It should be pretty much the same as in past years. Social distancing requires the test centers to only operate at 50% of capacity, but they are now administering two tests per day, so they will have as much capacity as before.

The limit is the capacity at every center, but you will often have a choice of several centers within a reasonable distance and several dates within a reasonable time of each other. As stated above, popular locations and dates do fill up, and then you go on a WL. If you know when and where you want to test, there is no reason not to sign up early.

I'm just not overly confident if I will be as ready as I can by that time. Looks like I would have 8 weeks to prep intensively and I can skip the first week or 2 of classes, taking easy load as well so I won't be behind too long. Currently, I'm just practicing CARS and going through my recent subjects (Biochem; O-Chem) so that I can focus on the subjects I haven't seen in a while (Bio; Chem; Physics).

I can always just cancel and reschedule I guess? We will see.

Hoping to get content done in 2 weeks then UWorld/AAMC bank tons and Anki when I can.

Thank you both!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just not overly confident if I will be as ready as I can by that time. Looks like I would have 8 weeks to prep intensively and I can skip the first week or 2 of classes, taking easy load as well so I won't be behind too long. Currently, I'm just practicing CARS and going through my recent subjects (Biochem; O-Chem) so that I can focus on the subjects I haven't seen in a while (Bio; Chem; Physics).

I can always just cancel and reschedule I guess? We will see.

Hoping to get content done in 2 weeks then UWorld/AAMC bank tons and Anki when I can.

Thank you both!!
The great news for you is that, at least for January and March, there is zero penalty to cancel. So, yes, definitely pick the date you think you can make (it doesn't have to be January -- March will work equally well for the next cycle) and try your best. If you can't make it, no harm, no foul, and as long as you cancel in time, it won't count against you in any way.

I don't know what you are starting from in terms of knowledge (you can't go by me, because I got jerked around by COVID and ended up having way more time than I needed, which I mitigated by starting and stopping prep several times), but two months is tight, and I am not a fan of skipping classes for this. Why not stretch it to March, and take 4 months without skipping class, with 1-2 months for content followed by Q-Banks and FLs?

The great news for you is that, at least for January and March, there is zero penalty to cancel. So, yes, definitely pick the date you think you can make (it doesn't have to be January -- March will work equally well for the next cycle) and try your best. If you can't make it, no harm, no foul, and as long as you cancel in time, it won't count against you in any way.

I don't know what you are starting from in terms of knowledge (you can't go by me, because I got jerked around by COVID and ended up having way more time than I needed, which I mitigated by starting and stopping prep several times), but two months is tight, and I am not a fan of skipping classes for this. Why not stretch it to March, and take 4 months without skipping class, with 1-2 months for content followed by Q-Banks and FLs?

I want to focus on pumping up clinical hours (by scribing) as well since I've been out of clinical volunteering for a looong time and haven't been able to volunteer at any local food pantries since everything conflicts with my school schedule. All I've been able to do is be involved with a club and TA. I'm sure there are opportunities to get involved out there but I can't find anything working with my schedule.

My main conflict with my app would definitely be clinical hours. I only got 60 hours before everything got shut down.