OK State online animal nutrition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gracietiger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are tons of threads on animal nutrition, but my question is pretty specific...

I am considering the OK State and Purdue animal nut. courses (b/c they seem to be the only ones that have open enrollment - unless anyone knows of any others?). I read the syllabi for both, and it seems that OK State's description sounds a lot like my biochem course. I also read in a post here that someone said the course was really easy after biochem.

I did really well in biochem, and don't really want a repeat. I know absolutely nothing about large animals, so was really hoping that an animal nutrition course could teach me a bit about large animal digestion and feeds. Does OK State's course cover these topics? Is it a small part of the course, or for those of you who took it, did you feel it was a pretty good overview of digestion and feeds?

Purdue's course sounds like the best fit, but it is SO darn expensive!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Purdue's IS expensive, however... it's a fabulous course. Dr. Forsyth teaches the course and he is great about answering questions and doing everything in a timely manner. I learned a lot in that class. Good Luck!

Im taking Ok state right now, I have done about half of the assignments and took the first exam last weeks. So far its been very straightforward and I have no complaints.

Members don't see this ad :)
jtom, do you feel that the course emphasizes biochemistry, or have you learned quite a bit about large animal digestive processes?

envypointers, glad to hear you like purdue's class. i am strongly considering it, but am a little discouraged by the cost!

I took the class in person. My understanding is that the topics covered are the same as the correspondent's course. The whole class was large animal. I took it before biochem and didn't have any trouble with the class.

jtom, do you feel that the course emphasizes biochemistry, or have you learned quite a bit about large animal digestive processes?

envypointers, glad to hear you like purdue's class. i am strongly considering it, but am a little discouraged by the cost!

I am about to take the next exam on large animal digestive systems, I have learned a good amount as of yet and small animals have not been discussed in the course. I know we are getting into proteins, cabrs, lipids in the following chapters but have not gotten to them as of yet. As of right now we have not done any biochemistry difficulty material.