Chances? School suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thesame2me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for some feedback on where to apply with my stats. I am a Biology major/ Poli Sci minor. from Utah. White/male.

sGPA: 3.25 (can get up to 3.5 if I retake Organic 1/Physiology this summer)
cGPA: 3.63

Extracurriculars:
100 hours of research working on an educational science grant
100+ volunteer hours at a children's hospital
random #'s volunteer hours with: diabetes foundation, alzhiemer's clinic, disabled children church functions
2 year service mission to undeserved area in the U.S. (I know some D.O. schools like this)
Small business manager (2+ years)
1 year writing tutor

I am applying this year; set to take the MCAT the end of April, shooting for a 35+ (last practice test was a 27 (7 PS, 9 BS, 11 VS) so I am studying a lot and am currently taking physics and O chem 2. I am hoping to bring the PS and BS sections up by test day.

I am very interested in MD/MBA programs although not dead set.

so far my interest schools are Creighton, Tulane (both MD/MBA), and Utah (cause its my only state school).

Anyway, I know this is a long post; any school suggestions or advice are very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Try also low and mid-tier programs. Maintain that 3.6 and improve the sGPA AND score >30 on MCAT, and you have some luck with the public schools in neighboring states. You're fine for any DO program too.

Hey all, I am looking for some feedback on where to apply with my stats. I am a Biology major/ Poli Sci minor. from Utah. White/male.

Extracurriculars:
random #'s volunteer hours with: diabetes foundation, alzhiemer's clinic, disabled children church functions
2 year service mission to undeserved area in the U.S. (I know some D.O. schools like this)
1 year writing tutor

I am applying this year; set to take the MCAT the end of April, shooting for a 35+ (last practice test was a 27 (7 PS, 9 BS, 11 VS) so I am studying a lot and am currently taking physics and O chem 2. I am hoping to bring the PS and BS sections up by test day.

so far my interest schools are Creighton, Tulane (both MD/MBA), and Utah (cause its my only state school).

Anyway, I know this is a long post; any school suggestions or advice are very appreciated.

Definitely maintain/increase your cGPA, but try and raise that sGPA; that's quite a disparity between your cGPA and SGPA, schools may take that to mean a weakness in science. Don't retake any classes unless you made less than a C

Extracurriculars:
1 year writing tutor

Are you sure your sGPA will jump 0.25 points from 2 classes? AMCAS does not offer grade replacement.