0-6 vs 2+4 vs 4+4 Which Is Your Preference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGM

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just random thought. I was accepted to St. John's 0-6 program during my hs senior year, about a decade ago. I really wanted to commence the Pharm D. program but had to give up cuz of family issues. Now I'm pursuing a totally different profession but all of sudden, I recalled my old memories of dreaming about being a pharmacist and came up with the thinkings about different Pharm D programs. I know the difference of the application processes of 0-6, 2+4, and 4+4 programs but really don't know what's their differences as the life of a pharmacist. What's the difference and which is your preference, for what reason?

Just random curiosity.

Members don't see this ad.

Just random thought. I was accepted to St. John's 0-6 program during my hs senior year, about a decade ago. I really wanted to commence the Pharm D. program but had to give up cuz of family issues. Now I'm pursuing a totally different profession but all of sudden, I recalled my old memories of dreaming about being a pharmacist and came up with the thinkings about different Pharm D programs. I know the difference of the application processes of 0-6, 2+4, and 4+4 programs but really don't know what's their differences as the life of a pharmacist. What's the difference and which is your preference, for what reason?

Just random curiosity.

Not sure if I understand correctly: your curious how each form of study (culture wise) is different up to obtaining a PharmD or which pathway molds you to an easier transition as a pharmacist?

For the molding portion one isn’t necessarily better than another in the end a degree is a degree. These days though many will tell you look at total cost. Whichever pathway is cheaper go that route. You’d think an 0-6 is cheapest but that’s not always the case.

I’d go cheapest, regionally accredited, and INTERN as much as possible to build relationships because of the higher importance of networking in a saturated career. Whichever pathway provides that is what I’d do to save my wallet and my willingness to handle any debt-to-income ratio.

Personally I would say 0+6 would be the best in terms of someone who is dead set on Pharmacy. 4+4 doesn't make much sense to me in a time/money/outcome sense but I won't go into that. I'm personally doing a 2+4, but with the benefits of the program at the university I'm attending it might as well be a 0+6. (undergrads in the pre-pharm major are guaranteed an interview and the requirement of the PCAT is waived as long as a 3.2 GPA is maintained).

Status
Not open for further replies.