1st MCAT 2015 season is over, new prep material anytime soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

addytute

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan came out with 2nd edition 7-book set in July.

Looks like AAMC will put out a scored exam Nov 1st, and they seem to have removed the previous material?

Anybody know if others are planning new releases now that the 2105 MCAT has a season under its belt?

Members don't see this ad.

There will also be a new AAMC question pack released next month. What previous materials have you seen removed?? Hopefully not any of their already very limited MCAT 2015 products.

looks like it is still all there unless they meant the old practice exams for old mcat

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if 1001 EK psychology/sociology book is coming out? Or if they are coming out with a new edition?

Lots of companies should be releasing updates, new versions I would expect, in early 2016. Lots of great data to crunch, look over. I would start checking in earnest in Jan 2016. Most Jan testers have their materials so the next big test population will be April 2016.

Because our MCAT material is all software we are able to update our materials with new questions and etc. without the hassle of going through a traditional book publisher to have our material available for purchase. So our material is constantly being updated and improved upon.

BR is set to do a triple release of Organic Chemistry (out as of last month), General Chemistry (at print), and Physics (due to print in early December).

How significant are the changes? I just bought the entire set last month (planning on taking April MCAT) and hope I'm not losing out on anything major.

Because our MCAT material is all software we are able to update our materials with new questions and etc. without the hassle of going through a traditional book publisher to have our material available for purchase. So our material is constantly being updated and improved upon.

SDN-Senpai pls notice me

SDN-Senpai pls notice me

Hi @Rei02sDinnerParty

My comment may have seemed out of place, so let me clarify why I wrote it.

My comment was meant to let students know that not all test prep companies put out new materials in early 2016 as most people may think.

We also wanted to let students know how we are able to update our materials so often and it is because our material is software, which is what makes us very unique.

Last edited:
@BerkReviewTeach is this still the plan?

As far as I know. I have seen copy of general chemistry Book 1, but I don't think Book 2 is done yet. They went to more chapters, but with a shorter length. The homework layout is different now too, with more of an emphasis on practice exams for phase 3.