2 MONTHS AT HOME. EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

koh1995

Hello, my friend is going to be home from school for two months and does not have anything to do. He was looking to get ahead with his goals of going to medical school in the future. During his two months off what can he do to get ahead? (extracurricular activity, etc..) He already volunteers and he is not taking summer school. Please lmk, he does not want to waste his time. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do what you love ~~ :biglove:

In all seriousness, summer is a great time to get started on research, though two months is a fairly short period of time to do so.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like everyone has better friends than I do. None of my friends would post on my behalf on a forum asking questions for me that I could just as easily google.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Two months is not really a lot of time; I am not sure he would be able to get a clinical volunteering position that quick (assuming he doesn't already have one). Honestly, I would recommend getting a busing position at a restaurant and saving money. For next year, he could begin applying for things (internships, hospital volunteering, etc.) before summer recess, so it is set up ahead of time.

How far along is he in his studies? If he's far enough a long to start MCAT prep, a solid chunk of time at home is good for that.

Is he laid up (post-operative recovery) or able to get around? If he is in an area or close to an area with affluent families, he could advertise as a free-lance tutor for HS kids looking to get ahead with chem/bio/physics/math or SAT/ACT prep at the HS level.

Hello, my friend is going to be home from school for two months and does not have anything to do. He was looking to get ahead with his goals of going to medical school in the future. During his two months off what can he do to get ahead? (extracurricular activity, etc..) He already volunteers and he is not taking summer school. Please lmk, he does not want to waste his time. Thanks

LoL? It would make for a great obstacle essay.

Play video games.

He can get started on Good Books to Read, listed in this thread, many of which are physician-related or -written: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/good-books-to-read.1138018/page-2#post-16739886