2004 Advanced Standing Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meggs

Dpr@v@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess this is the new thread. Let's keep it organized and up to date, everytime we hear from the schools.

Let's keep a pattern like:
Xschool- received confirmation letter- interview- withdrawal rejection- waitlisted- accepted

or anything else you guys can come up with.

I'll start, schools I applied to (in no particular order):

Boston U.
UPenn
UCSF
UOP
NYU

I just recently applied, but as soon as I hear from them, I'll post it here.
Keep it coming guys.

Members don't see this ad.

hey meggs..
good idea
i have applied to
BU
UCSF
UOP
UPENN
NYU
UCLA
so far recieved confirmation from upenn and ucla..ucsf sent me a leter that my ECE report ,transcript,TOEFL&NBDE are missing.though the transcipt was already sent with the form.ECE report got misplaced.:(.i think b'cos rest all the other school have them.i dunno what to do about UCSF.i have resent them.if UCSF doesnt recieve it this time also then i will withdraw my application.
got a letter from bu stating that they recieved my online form but not yet recieved toefl scores and NBDE scores.
good luck to all:)

hey mili
i have aslo got a similar porblem wiht ucsf.....acc to ece the perot has bene mailed to them thne how is it posiible that they did not get it .....as i confreimed wiht ece ....well i sent them a fax copy now i think i will have to re-send them the report

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey its good idea. And how about everyone post there score also with the list of school in which they have applied.
I have applied to,

UOP
UCSF
BU
Tufts
Upenn

So, far received confirmation from BU. I gave interview in UOP. Waiting for relpy from Upenn, ucsf, tufts.

hi,
i am in the process of applyingi am applying to :
BU
NYU
UIC
MARQUETTE
UPENN

please can anyone tell me if it will be very late by the time i apply by the end of october.i am getting very nervous seeing that many people have already applied.also can anyone tell what chance do i have in getting in boston with a part-1 score of 92.

Originally posted by great94089
...... I gave interview in UOP.....

Cool great! Could you please share your experience with us?
but, please do so in a new thread, so we keep this one organized, without going off topic. Thanks!!!

hey kosha,
its best to send them a new original copy from ece.lets hope it reaches this time.

Originally posted by kosha
hey mili
i have aslo got a similar porblem wiht ucsf.....acc to ece the perot has bene mailed to them thne how is it posiible that they did not get it .....as i confreimed wiht ece ....well i sent them a fax copy now i think i will have to re-send them the report

Update:

UOP---> email confirming arrival and complete application.
UCSF---> email confirming application arrival.
NYU---> email confiming ECE and TOEFL arrival, but nothing else!!!! :eek:

No way to comunicate with BU nor UPenn. :rolleyes:

hey!Meggs, its easy to get answer from Upeen call them up. somehow they didn't get copy of my part-1 & 2 but when i called them they just ask me to fax it & my application was complete.

Hi
I applied to

UCSF : recieved letter confirming complete application.

BU : Interview scheduled for Nov 20th.

UPENN : no response till now.

MARQUETTE:Recieved letter stating application is complete and Admission committee will start reviewing applications only by feb.

Originally posted by dentek2
MARQUETTE:Recieved letter stating application is complete and Admission committee will start reviewing applications only by feb.

February?????:eek:

That should give me plenty of time to decide to apply there or not. :D

I applied to:
BU - interview on 30th october
Upenn - interview on 12th november
NYU -
Stony Brook -
Marquette

I applied a little late in Stony Brook and Marquett. in NYU they told me that they have received my application but not ADA score until last time i called them.

smi, can you tell if stony brook needs a green card holder to consider its applicants....

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview update:

U Penn: Interview scheduled for Oct 30th.

Originally posted by dentek2
Interview update:

U Penn: Interview scheduled for Oct 30th.

Congratulations dentek2, looks like you're getting lucky!!! :)

UCSF deadline is soon over, so you should hear from them soon.

When did you apply to all these schools?

I mailed my applications last Friday, October 10th. Kind of late!!!:(

Hi meggs,

I applied to all 4 schools in the last week of september around 26th.I don't think you applied late,you too will start receiving interview calls soon:)

Besides I am not optimistic abt UPenn. just taking it is an experience to get a hang abt how interviews are carried out.still I am keeping an open mind.

Abt UCSF ,I think the last date is Oct 31 st ,right?so there is still time.I got a letter saying they have received all my score reports and other documents.so atleast I don't have to resend anything:)

As you said you have got plenty of time to decide abt Marquette,till february.but still they ask you to apply before december to get optimum consideration.tuition fee is low in M.quette compared to other schools.that's a plus point.but the drawback is ,it is 2 years and 9 months[duration]:(
well let us all be optmistic and hope for the best.......

dentek,isnt marquette a space based program rather than something like upenn or boston where they have a real advanced standing program.........

Hi shilpi,

Yes, it is a space based program.but still there is no harm in applying,right?better to look into all the options available...

UPDATE:
UPENN----> Application arrived, but hasn't been processed yet. To call after 2 weeks.
NYU--> Everything is there, but NBDE 1 scores.
BU---> Application arrived.

Originally posted by shilpi
dentek,isnt marquette a space based program rather than something like upenn or boston where they have a real advanced standing program.........

Yes, it is spaced based.

And actually, dentek2, I don't think the downside is the lenght, but rather the freaking weather :eek: . I mean how hot can it get there during summer??? :laugh: (summers will not be there, by the way) :laugh: I've never lived in a cold place.... :laugh:

how to check ststus of application in UCSF? There r no one answering the phone. there is a website to check the status of application in ucsf but i am not able to open it. http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools/ if any body has idea about please let me know.

thanks.

great94089 ,

hi
this is the direct number for barbra richardson
1-(415 )-514 -0777..... call on this and it will dirctely take u to barbra .....
good luck

I submited my online app to BU last week. I check often my account to see if it has been downloaded. All it says is that it has been delivered.

Does BU uses the term delivered as an equal of downloaded? If not, how long does it takes BU to process online applications?
Thanks.

Originally posted by shilpi
smi, can you tell if stony brook needs a green card holder to consider its applicants....

I dont exactly know about this. But someone on the Dental forum told me to don't bother applying to Stony Brook, unless you're a NY resident or an out of stater with amazing numbers.

If in their regular freshman class they'll only take 5 out of staters. You can pretty much picture what will happen with adv. stn. applicants, which btw are spaced based.

Are you an NY resident?

i dont know it for sure that someone has to have a green card to apply to stony brook. but they want us to send a copy of our status in US.

hi guys,
i need ur help, i have a question, its regarding BU application in which they have asked the dean's name and etc.
i have a problem , recently my dental school dean retierd so we have a new dean and i have a reco letter form the old one so whose name shud i put in the application? and my mails r bouncing back when i e-mail to BU asking this question!

thnx
ubd

I think u have to put the name of your old dean whose reco. letter u have. and yeah BU never replies to emails so better u just check it out by calling them. they only replies to calls of advanced standing applicants only on wednesday. and their number is 617-638-4787. all the best.

hi!
smi, thanx a ton for ur reply!

ubd

hey meggs as per your advise:
i hv applied to
UPEN : interview call on 12th of NOV.
BU :get no information
STONY BROOK : no further information
NYU :hungover:idn't received my TOEFL &NDBE score
suggetions are welcomed

hey guys let me post the status of my applications
applied to UPEN, BU on 20th sept
Scheduled for interview BU-30th oct
UPEN-5th NOV
applied late for NYU,NOVA-10th OCT
expecting interview calls late nov or dec.
dentiste:)

no meggs i am not a NY resident....i think i am done with applying to colleges not going to apply to stone brook:)

Originally posted by dentiste
hey guys let me post the status of my applications
applied to UPEN, BU on 20th sept
Scheduled for interview BU-30th oct
UPEN-5th NOV
applied late for NYU,NOVA-10th OCT
expecting interview calls late nov or dec.
dentiste:)

Hi dentiste,

may I ask how long did it took BU and UPenn to offer you an interview? Thanks.

And Welcome to SDN.:D

how to check ststus of application in UCSF? There r no one answering the phone. there is a website to check the status of application in ucsf but i am not able to open it. http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools/ if any body has idea about please let me know.

thanks.

Where did you got this link from? I've tried it, but it won't work. I also tried looking for info about it on the webstie, but couldn't find any info refering to this link.

hi meggs,
It took them about 3 to 4 weeks to process my application,looks like they waited for the official NBDE score reports to reach them which were send out three weeks after our results came out.
dentiste

Originally posted by meggs
Where did you got this link from? I've tried it, but it won't work. I also tried looking for info about it on the webstie, but couldn't find any info refering to this link.

HI!
I found this link from there recorded messages, but its not working & i am also not able to found it from UCSF website.

HI!
I found this link from there recorded messages, but its not working & i am also not able to found it from UCSF website.

That recorded message is for freshman year applicants. I look up the page and it requires de AASD application number, so it isn't for us. :(

i guess you r right. But i talk to Barbara richardson for status of application .:)

hi all...:)

i am new member.... just got to know abt this site recently.... i spent last 3days reading all the forums.. i was quite impressed.. y dint i know this b4.... i really struggled to clear my doubts contacting my friends n thier friends..... GOD.. this site is so useful.
ok.. to tell me abt myself..I graduated in 2002, i gave my part1 in july 2003... score.... 88, toefl 257, n GPA 3.66...
i applied...

1) lomalinda.. no call.... coz of no part2(atlest thats wat they said)
2) ucla........... never heard from .. just heard my apllication packet is complete.
3) usc............. got an interview call scheduled for 6,7,8 nov.
4) uop............. got a confirmation that my application is complete.
5) ucsf............. havent heard from them.. not even sure that my application is complete or not.... did try to call n mail them.. no response.
6) BU............... applied recently.. got a confirmation that my application is getting reviewed for interview.
7) NYU............ applied recently .. got a confirmation that my packet is complete.

somhow i missed applying to upenn.... is it really late to apply now.. sombody help.. i do know that deadlin is in jan.. but still theyhav started interviews .. is there any chance for me if i apply now ....... :confused: ............... kindly help...

hi cods,
sure u must apply to upenn..its not late..and upenn is kind of quick and reviews forms in 2 weeks..
good luck...and welcome to sdn

Originally posted by cods
hi all...:)

i am new member.... just got to know abt this site recently.... i spent last 3days reading all the forums.. i was quite impressed.. y dint i know this b4.... i really struggled to clear my doubts contacting my friends n thier friends..... GOD.. this site is so useful.
ok.. to tell me abt myself..I graduated in 2002, i gave my part1 in july 2003... score.... 88, toefl 257, n GPA 3.66...
i applied...

1) lomalinda.. no call.... coz of no part2(atlest thats wat they said)
2) ucla........... never heard from .. just heard my apllication packet is complete.
3) usc............. got an interview call scheduled for 6,7,8 nov.
4) uop............. got a confirmation that my application is complete.
5) ucsf............. havent heard from them.. not even sure that my application is complete or not.... did try to call n mail them.. no response.
6) BU............... applied recently.. got a confirmation that my application is getting reviewed for interview.
7) NYU............ applied recently .. got a confirmation that my packet is complete.

somhow i missed applying to upenn.... is it really late to apply now.. sombody help.. i do know that deadlin is in jan.. but still theyhav started interviews .. is there any chance for me if i apply now ....... :confused: ............... kindly help...

Originally posted by cods

There is no harm in applying but as you've applied to most of the other universities I dont think it should matter much and( if you are from India you might as well save your money, I know I am being cynical here but...)

thank u chanchalpari n henna.. for ur replies........ :)

cods....

Welcome cods, hope you find this forum useful!!. Good luck in all this process!!

About UPenn, go ahead and apply. During your file is under review in Upenn, you might receive good news from other school, and you could always withdraw your application. Or just sit and wait for them to offer you an interview. You never know what happens!!! I sure know, that's what I'm doing!! Good luck!!! ;)

Originally posted by Henna
There is no harm in applying but as you've applied to most of the other universities I dont think it should matter much and( if you are from India you might as well save your money, I know I am being cynical here but...)

Yes, he/she's probably from India. Notice he said ''i gave my part1'' instead of ''take''. No offense, everything's cool. :cool: ;)

Hi cods,
I know someone who applied to U Penn in december and still got an interview.so don't worry go ahead and apply,there is still plenty of time....

thanks guys............ i think i'll go ahead apply.............

hey meggs..... cool da no offense at all......... :)

cods

Hi,
All those who are waiting to know the status of their application in UCSF can call barbaraRichardson she is answering.I just spoke to her.
Cherry

Originally posted by Cherry
Hi,
All those who are waiting to know the status of their application in UCSF can call barbaraRichardson she is answering.I just spoke to her.
Cherry

what' up with yours cherry?? what did she say??

Well Meggs,
She said its complete and its being reviewed...and how about yours...did u check it out

Nahh, I'm not in the US right now, so long distance is rather expensive. And anyway, they'll probably tell me it under review. I guess I'll wait for at least 3 or 4 weeks after I applied, to call and find out. UCSF is rather slow. UPenn on the other hand is very quick, they'll review your application in a matter of 2 weeks.
So, let's just sit and wait..... :oops:

hey cherry.......

am not lucky enuf......am trying to reach Barbara... since yesterday..... may b atleast 6 - 7 times..... ...... anyways thanks for that inf...... will try them somtime latter.......
hey meggs...... dont even try them now.. especially if u r not in u.s............ 99% they never respond.........

hi,
does anybody has any idea when UCSF intreviews r scheduled(tentative date even)!!!!!!:)

Hi smartdentist,
I heard UCSF schedules its interviews in Dec ...may 1st or 2 nd week....hope we hear from that soon.