2004 Advanced Standing Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by meggs
Thanks Henna,

The funny thing is that in school they taught us that 3/4 crowns are outdated, so I've never seen one in my life!! But I already got from the library Shillingurg's book, but it only shows posteriors crowns, and at UOP they'll require anteriors. But what the heck....

Hey Henna, since you're at SF, do you know by any chance student hostels, you know, those in which you stay for very cheap and you share with a few people a room, bathrom, etc. If you do, let me know please. Thanks!

If they require anterior crowns ( PBM ), practice that ( its well explained in S'BURG).
I don't know of any shared facility, sorry abt that.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey meggs,

Congratulations!!! And good luck for the interview.

kpat

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you practice for the tooth preparation..

Is there a center which you join..or do you know of a place that sell typhodont and Ivory teeth and ofcourse burs, so you can practice at home with low speed machine..

Thanks in advance for any reply :D

maybe if you go the columbia dentoform company website you can buy the typodont and extra teeth.

Also try the henry schein website, and Paterson dental, etc. Or do yourself a favor and open the yellow pages and look under dental supplies or something like it. ;)

Humm..dahhhh

As you can see I am brainless..I will do that faver to my self, even though I did it before and nothing came up..But this time I will go for the big company like the first two you mentioned..

Thanks..Meggs

Do you live in a big city? If you do, there must be a local dental supply store somewhere. Maybe if you ask a local dentist....

hey folks
i just took part one exam and i wonder if someone can tell me which is the most appropriate time to start the application process,and iam living in chicago and i intend to apply to the UIC,anyone interested to be in the UIC?

tx

by the way doctor bristles i hope if you can tell me if its essential to be a citizen or a permanent resident to apply and get accepted?i hope you have an idea,
sincerely

UPDATE:

NYU: they haven't send me anything yet. But to selected applicants they'll be sending interview letters hopefully by next week. They wont send that kind of info by email. On January they'll have only 2 thrusdays a month for Advanced Standing interviews, that'll be the 15th and 22th. Of course, she wouldn't say if I'm selected or not.

UPenn: as usual "You're application still under review". When I asked the lady, "so, I'm kind of in a interview waitinglist?" she laughed and said "kind of". She said that when they're not sure of an applicant, they just hold on to it, because they don't want to make the "wrong" decision right away. So they just go on and off about it, until they finally decide what to do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NYU:
My application is just complete & they told me we have interview till april so we will send letter anytime.............

UPDATE:

NYU: they haven't send me anything yet. But to selected applicants they'll be sending interview letters hopefully by next week. They wont send that kind of info by email. On January they'll have only 2 thrusdays a month for Advanced Standing interviews, that'll be the 15th and 22th. Of course, she wouldn't say if I'm selected or not.

UPenn: as usual "You're application still under review". When I asked the lady, "so, I'm kind of in a interview waitinglist?" she laughed and said "kind of". She said that when they're not sure of an applicant, they just hold on to it, because they don't want to make the "wrong" decision right away. So they just go on and off about it, until they finally decide what to do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hi meggs and great 94089,
its great that NYU people at least told you'll something. meggs, did they say that they would interview only in Jan. also did she mention that the interview letters would be sent out next week? i called up nyu this monday ad the lady there told me that my application was being reviewed and that they would notify me once the decision is taken. hope we all get the interview ltters soon.

sanju.

Originally posted by Sanju
...meggs, did they say that they would interview only in Jan. also did she mention that the interview letters would be sent out next week?....

Actually both schools, nyu and upenn, told me they'll be interviewing until further than January, but I just don't remember the dates. But they did mentioned it. So don't worry they still have plenty of intervies left.

Yes, she said interview letters will be sent out next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually both schools, nyu and upenn, told me they'll be interviewing until further than January, but I just don't remember the dates. But they did mentioned it. So don't worry they still have plenty of intervies left.

Yes, she said interview letters will be sent out next week.

thanks a lot meggs for the info. hope we all hear from NYU soon. i am sue there are a whole lot of us bnking on that school.

sanju.

Hi Folks,
I don't know whether its late to post our status now.Since I came to know about this site a few days ago I would go ahead and post it.
Applied to :
UCSF:application complete thats all.
CWRU: bench test scheduled for 23rd and 24th of Feb
UPenn: Interview on the 29th of Jan
BU: expecting interview call soon.

My scores are NDBE part I 94,toefl 280 and GPA 3.91
Thanks a lot.
I am eagerly looking forward to become an active member of the SDN family...
:)

pinktooth you have great stats!!! how come UCSF didn't bother to call you for an interview?????

Hopefully you'll get in at UPenn. ;)

Ya even I was wondering that after coming to know that there is only one interview and bench test session conducted.
Hopefully I do get admission in somewhere else.
Thanks a lot..
take care

UPDATE

Got a call from UOP this afternoon. I got in. :)

Great news Meggs

Congratulations once again for getting a spot at UOP (I assume University of Pacific?)... hoorah at last!!

Cheers,

2ed

Meggs,

Congratulations!!! :)

kpat

hi,

i applied to

LOMA LINDA: Gone until the interview but couldnt get thru it.
NYU: Got accepted.
BOSTON: Waiting to hear from them.
UPENN: Waiting list
UCLA: Got accpeted.
UCSF: Got accepted and i decided to join there.

Have a nice day and take care

Indiandentist

Originally posted by secondedition
Great news Meggs

Congratulations once again for getting a spot at UOP (I assume University of Pacific?)... hoorah at last!!

Cheers,

2ed

Thanks. Check your PM. :)

hi meggs...

congratulations ....enjoy your holidays:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: CONGRATULATIONS CHEKETTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:clap:So... we'r gonna dance LA BAMBA or MAKARENA tonight ???
:clap: you really deserve it baby .

Hiiii Meggs,

Congratulations to U!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy & Party hard....before you start with the Program:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulation Meggs....
oh senureta...tell us all what was your first reaction when you had that acceptance letter...

we all are happy for you..

Hola meggs!!
felicitaciones!!! Muy bien!!
Hablo un poco espanol. mellamo mrinalini.
:D

congrats meggs.......:clap: :clap: :clap:
u really deserve it.

I applied to
Upenn: no interview call...Rejection
BU: waiting for reply
CWRU:No interview call... rejection
NYU: called for interview
UCLA: NO interview call...rejection
LLU: NO Interview...rejection
UCSF: accepted
USCLA: waiting for reply
UOP: Interview in march
Marquette: No reply as yet

was thinking of applying to NSU and SUNY SB, but wont now
My scores were Part1 86, TOEFL 267, GPA 3.4

a score of 86 is why i applied to so many schools.

Giffy

You definitely deserve that acceptance.
Congrats !!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Giffy
I applied to
Upenn: no interview call...Rejection
BU: waiting for reply
CWRU:No interview call... rejection
NYU: called for interview
UCLA: NO interview call...rejection
LLU: NO Interview...rejection
UCSF: accepted
USCLA: waiting for reply
UOP: Interview in march
Marquette: No reply as yet

Giffy

Giffy

About CWRU--Could you tell us the reason for their rejection, I know that the minimum required for NDB is 85...please tell us what they said..

I was not aware that the school could reject you without interview .. I mean what is the basis of the rejection, even though you have met all the requirement like NBDE ,toefl,GPA scores..that is truly strange....

Marquette-- this uiversity is another story by it self, does anyone knows if they really give Advance standing program..I have not heard of any one in this forum saying that they have been accepted there...does any one knows...:smuggrin: :smuggrin:

congratulations meggs..you dont seem so happy though!

hi meggs ,

Congrats!!!

U really deserve it :clap:

lebelle

hey meggs,

Congrats!!
i do not post in very actively, altho i m a very ardent member of SDN.
keep up the good work!!
all the very best!

smiledentist

Congrats meggs,
Patience finally pays off..
Muy bien...Buenos dias..

hey meggs,

congrats on the great work!u deserve the success.have a gala time .:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats Meggs!

Hola Meggs!!!
Felicitaciones!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: U R Such a sweet,nice,helping soul:love: .Am very happy for u senorita:).Now it's time to party:hardy:

hey congrates meggs u deserve all the success :clap: :clap:

Wao!! I feel like it's my bday, with so many people congratulating me. :D Gracias!

I'm very happy about my acceptance, but I wasn't able to check SDN earlier 'cause I work full time and this week has been crazy. Every single emergency came on wednesday!!!

When Mrs. King called me I was working on a neurotic patient, so I couldn't do much. Then when I was about to leave for home another emergency showed up, but I was so nervous to get home I just refered it to endo in a hearbeat!

I still haven't got a letter, Mrs. King said she'll FedEx it overseas.

Thanks everyone who congratulated me, I really appreciate it. :D

Hey Meggs,
Congratulations !!
Good School, Great weather !!

CONGRA :clap: :clap: :cl TULATIONS ,M:clap:E G:clap: :G:clap: S:clap: :clap:

hi meggs

congratulationssssssssssss:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
once again,would you please share your scores again

I told you SENIORETTA befor : we are all here at SDN waiting to :clap: for you and congratulate you:clap: .

Did't I write erlier on the thread "PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE " to that guy (wait till MEGGS get accepted and you will see these TONS of congratulations:laugh: ) .I guess I won the bet:smuggrin: .

Congratulations Meggs!!!!!