2009-2010 Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did mine through AMCAS.

Right--I did too, but then I called today and they said I need to send them in. Weird.

Thank you though!

Members don't see this ad.

does the admissions department have an email..? i couldn't find it on their website. i'm currently abroad so it's difficult for me to call :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So does everyone need to call to confirm if their secondary is completed and letters printed out? I submitted this one a long time ago but never checked the status.

So does everyone need to call to confirm if their secondary is completed and letters printed out? I submitted this one a long time ago but never checked the status.

i mean, if you want to know if they have everything, then yes. you have to call. if you don't care, then don't call. :confused:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should address the question about whether adverse circumstances affected my academic performance. I did poorly freshman year and had a specific reason for it, but it wasn't like anyone dying or me getting sick. The usual adjusting to college + confronting certain issues that I was sensitive to. I'm tempted to put something here just to explain the reason why, but I don't know if they're only interested in serious illnesses etc...

I think that is pretty common Atlantis...just explain in the interview.

i mean, if you want to know if they have everything, then yes. you have to call. if you don't care, then don't call. :confused:
I called them a couple days after I submitted over a month ago, and the lady said everything was in, but now I doubt things a bit....

I called them a couple days after I submitted over a month ago, and the lady said everything was in, but now I doubt things a bit....

Just called 5 minutes ago to make sure everything was in. Took about 5 seconds. Woman said I was "complete and under review". Not a big deal.

Just called as well. My LORs still were not printed out even after I called last week. Once again, they told me they would print it out and I would be complete next time I called. They received my secondary on 8/4, and I am still not complete because of this...

I would call to make sure-- my letters have been uploaded to AMCAS since the first week of July, but Mount Sinai has been telling me for three weeks that they haven't downloaded them yet. I'm finally complete as of earlier this week.

Also, I was told that interview invites would begin in a week.

Interview invite! Got it this Friday. And for the record, I didn't call them to make sure I was complete. In fact, I don't think I sent them hard copies of my recommendations either. So they probably just did whatever they had to do on their own.

Interview invite! Got it this Friday. And for the record, I didn't call them to make sure I was complete. In fact, I don't think I sent them hard copies of my recommendations either. So they probably just did whatever they had to do on their own.

congrats! Was it by email?

Members don't see this ad :)
ahhh this is one of my top choices. can you give us some stats (or a range of stats?) and a complete date? thank you and congrats!! :)

I hope the rest of us hear something soon...

About when did you submit?

ahhh this is one of my top choices. can you give us some stats (or a range of stats?) and a complete date? thank you and congrats!! :)

I submitted 7/15. I'm interviewing there the first week of October. 37R, BCPM 3.9+, overall 3.86.

For the record, I applied here last time and didn't even get an interview.

Yeah, you're stats are better than mine and your extracurriculars are amazing. Dunno why there aren't other people getting interviews.

Interview invite today via email! My dream school!!

Interview invite for me as well. Good luck to everyone, see you guys there!

am I like the only one who hasn't received this secondary yet?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity on this thread, given that it's the first week of interview invites...

anyone know what kind of screening for secondaries gets done here?

well I still haven't received a secondary, should I call the school?

Interview invite, so excited. Complete sometime in July. Stats: 36T, 3.7 cGPA, ~3.8sGPA. They offer one date (I already have an interview that date), so I need to reschedule.

invite here too! so, so happy. not saying stats, but they're real good. interviewing on 10/7. was complete on 7/29.

There's been what, 5 or 6 invites posted in the thread so far? Relax.

There's been what, 5 or 6 invites posted in the thread so far? Relax.

Agreed.

I like your MDApps explanation of your selection process for schools - whether someone else agrees with your choices, it is very instructive for people trying to figure out where to apply. Well done!

Ultimately I only completed 17 secondaries, which I think is still too many for my purposes...I went overboard on primaries, though, and wasted some money there.

Right now I have 4 invites - guess I thought or at least hoped I would have more by now, but I feel OK so far, and I think it is way too early for people to angst over this stuff.

I only submitted my Sinai app on Labor Day. Sent in most my 2ndaries middle/late August so no word from anywhere yet. People need to chill out. There's still 2 months till deadlines so there are plenty of people still working on applications.

I only submitted my Sinai app on Labor Day. Sent in most my 2ndaries middle/late August so no word from anywhere yet. People need to chill out. There's still 2 months till deadlines so there are plenty of people still working on applications.

People on this thread don't seem to be freaking out but the fact of the matter remains that if you submitted earlier in the summer as in late June/July and people who submitted after you have been reviewed and received invites then one cannot help but wonder if they were reviewed favorably or not. This process is nerve-wracking and an online forum like this is meant for people to share their feelings with others in the same boat.

With that said. Yes its still too early in the process to be worrying about anything. Moreover, from what I can tell several schools will keep a bunch of files for re-review throughout the cycle to compare with other applicants who submit later on. So at this point if you don't have a bunch of rejections you are doing fine.

Good Luck Everyone! =)

People on this thread don't seem to be freaking out but the fact of the matter remains that if you submitted earlier in the summer as in late June/July and people who submitted after you have been reviewed and received invites then one cannot help but wonder if they were reviewed favorably or not. This process is nerve-wracking and an online forum like this is meant for people to share their feelings with others in the same boat.

With that said. Yes its still too early in the process to be worrying about anything. Moreover, from what I can tell several schools will keep a bunch of files for re-review throughout the cycle to compare with other applicants who submit later on. So at this point if you don't have a bunch of rejections you are doing fine.

Good Luck Everyone! =)

Haha I totally wasn't trying to rant here. Was just reading a lot of threads and probably saw a post in here that finally made me want to write a response. Agreed, it is a ridiculously nerve-wrecking process that seems to follow no system. Looks like you're doing very well tho. Congrats!

Interview invite! Complete sometimes in July or August, I believe.

Congrats Blue.

No love from this dream school yet. Sigh...

Interview invite! Complete sometimes in July or August, I believe.
Congrats! Same here for when completed, and just got the invite today. I was incessantly checking my mail for an invite from Sinai. Now I can rest easy for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.