2009 - 2010 Non- Clinical Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamsterpants

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm not sure how many of us are out there but I decided I would start a thread. I am applying to my POIs based almost solely on research match but it turned out that 8/9 were Clinical programs. I do have one Personality program I am applying to (it is actually my top choice based on match) and I thought we could keep each other company here.

-HP

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to some school programs along with clinical. PM me for details, if you're interested. They're all in the east.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to developmental and social programs as well as PSU's biobehavioral health

Hi

I'm not sure how many of us are out there but I decided I would start a thread. I am applying to my POIs based almost solely on research match but it turned out that 8/9 were Clinical programs. I do have one Personality program I am applying to (it is actually my top choice based on match) and I thought we could keep each other company here.

-HP

Great idea! I've been looking for this thread for a while.

Anyone applying to Stanford?

And yes. What are you thinking?

I'm applying to 3 Social Ph.D. programs, 1 Cognitive, and 1 experimental masters as my back-up.

I'm applying to 3 Social Ph.D. programs, 1 Cognitive, and 1 experimental masters as my back-up.

May I ask what social programs you are applying to?

Last edited:
Sure. I'll list them in my order of top-choice to bottom-choice.

1. Rutgers (Social)
2. CUNY (sub-program in Cognition, Brain & Behavior)
3. New School (Social)
4. Lehigh (Social)
5. Brooklyn College (M.A. Experimental Psych)

My back-up at Brooklyn is actually really awesome, because it means I'd still get to work with my top choice through CUNY.

Welcome. The only non-clinical program I am applying to is at Stanford, the Personality program. I don't see Stanford mentioned on here much but it is one of my top choices if not the top.

I'm applying to a mix of behavioral neuroscience and research heavy clinical programs. It's actually been hard trying to decide which option is best. I plan on a career mostly focussed in basic research, but I am consistently told that a clinical degree is more versatile and that I can still do whatever I want based upon the postdoc positions I apply for. Any words of wisdom from the forum?