2009-2010 University of Nebraska Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing yet. I wish they would hurry, i can't take this waiting anymore!

Members don't see this ad.

Will they review these files in the order of interview?

Looking at the forums from past years the committee meets and sends out letters (snail mail) on Thursdays. Not sure how they determine the order of file review, but it isn't in order of interview date. Anyway, we should start seeing some acceptances on here by Friday. Good luck to everyone!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll be the first.......

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Interviewed Mid October. OOS. THANK YOU UNMC!!!!! I have a choice b/w MD & DO now!!! :):):):):):):)

Congrats!!

How did you recieve the notice? Snail mail/email/phone call?

I guess I'll be the first.......

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Interviewed Mid October. OOS. THANK YOU UNMC!!!!! I have a choice b/w MD & DO now!!! :):):):):):):)

jojo, Congratulations! I was accepted EDP. Look forward to being classmates!

acceptance! OOS interviewed early oct. gonna have a hard decision to make

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, i'll wait till i get the financial packages before deciding. i still think unmc's an awesome school with great facilities

Congrats to all the accepted OOSers! Are there any IS acceptances yet (other than EDP)???

Still waiting :(
Come on UNMC my mail carrier is starting to think I have a thing for her.

Still waiting :(
Come on UNMC my mail carrier is starting to think I have a thing for her.

I know what you mean. For a few days I asked my mailman if he was coming or going. It sounds dirty.

Sit tight guys!! I hope good news come for you as it did for me! Are you guys IS or OOS? Good luck and be patient!

Have many of you updated grades or activities regarding your UNMC file?

I know some schools like formal transcripts, others just like you to complete a grade profile (honor system), and others seem indifferent. I've kind of got the feeling that UNMC is in the last group. They didn't seem to mention any of this during the interview. Correct?

Have many of you updated grades or activities regarding your UNMC file?

I know some schools like formal transcripts, others just like you to complete a grade profile (honor system), and others seem indifferent. I've kind of got the feeling that UNMC is in the last group. They didn't seem to mention any of this during the interview. Correct?

I believe so. I sent in a scan of my unofficial grade from my university's online registrar. Gigi said that was acceptable.

I spoke with Jackie O'Hara last week and she mentioned that letters of acceptance are sent out on Friday and should arrive Monday-Tuesday of the following week.

I'm pretty surprised at the low number of acceptance notification on here... Most of the other schools I applied to have about 7-10 pages of commenting, etc.

I spoke with Jackie O'Hara last week and she mentioned that letters of acceptance are sent out on Friday and should arrive Monday-Tuesday of the following week.

I'm pretty surprised at the low number of acceptance notification on here... Most of the other schools I applied to have about 7-10 pages of commenting, etc.

Thanks for the update! Has anybody who interviewd in November heard back yet? Are rejections being sent out with the acceptances, or is this going to be a silent rejection?

Still keeping my fingers crossed!! :xf:

Interviewed in November...still waiting! :xf: It has been awfully quiet on this thread, but I think UNMC just has a later review process than most other schools. Definitely a true test of our patience! I think they send rejections and acceptances out after each review, but save the waitlisters until the end (March 15).

Does anyone by chance know the OOS tuition and tuition policies here? I'm just wondering if OOS students can get state residency after their first year. Thanks.

Does anyone by chance know the OOS tuition and tuition policies here? I'm just wondering if OOS students can get state residency after their first year. Thanks.

oos tuition is pricey - don't know the number but you can look it up on their website. and you have to pay oos all 4 yrs if you enter as a nonresident.

p.s. withdrew my acceptance here today. hope someone cool gets my spot!

I talked to the financial aid lady after my acceptance in December. Out of the 10 or so OOS'ers in each class, most got either a full OOS tuition waiver or a 50% waiver. I don't think anyone is going to have you pay 58K for tuition!

Got my letter of acceptance in the mail today! Interviewed mid-Dec. I am so excited! :D

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Check your mailbox!

I just got my acceptance letter today! I am so excited. I am considered OOS, even though I attended UNL, as far as I know. Interview was in mid-Nov. Congratulations to all other accepted students!

Congrats Niva and Asklepian! Looking forward to being classmates!

Got my letter of acceptance in the mail today! Interviewed mid-Dec. I am so excited! :D

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Check your mailbox!

Any in-state acceptances yet? This is my top choice, and the wait is rather difficult...

Last edited:
Interview: 11/20/09
Acceptance: In state, 1/26/10

Good luck to all-

congrats on the acceptances!

possibly stupid question since nearly everyone's in-state. but is there going to be a second look weekend for this school?

Another question. For all of you who are in-state acceptances, which of you interviewed the earliest? Also, did you have out-of-staters in your interview group?

I interviewed in October and it seemed like everyone in my group was OOS, although I met only four or five others.

Just want to make sure I haven't been misplaced in the OOS group.

Thanks.

I am in state and I interviewed in mid-Dec. I think most of the people in my group were in state students.

For those interested, there is a facebook group called UNMC Med School Class of 2014. We are looking at possibly meeting each other ahead of time to establish some camaraderie. Feel free to join!

Does anyone know the full cost of attendance for all 4 years at UNMC (IS and OOS)? Their website only lists first year tuition - unless it does not change? I ask because this is not the case at most schools. Thanks!

at this point, if we haven't heard back, are we essentially holding out for the waitlist in mid-March (what, three weeks away now)? Or are acceptances still going out?

interviewed in november...still waiting for some notice. ugh.

woo got letter today saying they'll waive oos tuition

ilikekiwis, that's great!!! Did you have to talk to someone at the school or did they just send you the offer?

Just thought I'd try to get a sense for what everyone was planning on for living arrangements. I'm sure most received the Phi Chi fraternity house invite, but any thoughts? Do most students live with other classmates or alone?

There are a lot of newly renovated/constructed apartments in Omaha and price can range from $400-$1000.

ilikekiwis, that's great!!! Did you have to talk to someone at the school or did they just send you the offer?

they mailed it without asking, but i did submit my fafsa a few weeks ago. i don't think it would hurt if you gave them a call though

OK..so March 15 has come and gone and still nothing! Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UNMC? Anyone receive waitlist letters or is it straight up rejection now?

I interviewed in October and have still not heard anything as well, even after sending in an update letter a few weeks ago. Does UNMC send out rejection letters for those who have interviewed?

I interviewed in October and have still not heard anything as well, even after sending in an update letter a few weeks ago. Does UNMC send out rejection letters for those who have interviewed?

yes they do send out rejection letters for those who have interviewed. if you read the forums from the last couple years, the adcom made their final decisions on the 15th but letters did not go out on the same day. my guess is you'll probably receive something within the next few days. the forums also suggested that acceptances were still being sent out on the 15th so it's not just rejections or waitlists that they're sending.

good luck!

Waitlisted. top half. what does that mean??? what are my chances according to previous years??

Last edited:
Waitlisted. top half. what does that mean??? what are my chances according to previous years??

sorry, just really sick of WAITING.
But I've been trying to go through the previous threads and they sound positive. Not sure

sorry, just really sick of WAITING.
But I've been trying to go through the previous threads and they sound positive. Not sure

From what I've read of the old forums, top half is very promising! It sounds like they generally move through the top half and maybe some of the bottom half. Good luck!

If you're considering applying to UNMC OOS, I would strongly reconsider. I applied earlier past summer, paid the secondary fee without having my AMCAS even being received!

A day after paying the secondary fee (with my AMCAS still unverified), I receive a notice from them saying they can no longer consider my applicatoin. I then filed an appeal; still no luck.

Months later after already getting into med school, I then call their admissions office asking for input. They offer none and say my file was never considered by the Cmte consid I didn't receive an interview.

Why am I posting this?? Because if you're an applicant who's considering applying to the dozens of stellar medical schools out there, I suggest you select one that is a bit more professional & transparent. I'm sure UNMC is a great school and those accepted on this forum will go places but from my personal experience, I feel their admissions process needs a significant makeover. Thanks.

Has anyone received any financial information? I submitted my fafsa forever ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.