2009 Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There! I said it.
haha, touche

Members don't see this ad.

my girlfriend CANNOT stand eyes. when she got her LASIK, she almost fainted in the office when the Optho guy was explaining her operation to her.

Immediately upon hearing that I told her that I am going to try to gun for Opthalmaology, nevermind I can't even spell the word right.

I wonder how many ENT surgeons actually spells ENT wrong, how many gas spell the A word wrong, and how many Optho people spell the O word wrong. I sure as hell can't spell them, and I have a 12 on my MCAT verbal.

my girlfriend CANNOT stand eyes. when she got her LASIK, she almost fainted in the office when the Optho guy was explaining her operation to her.

Immediately upon hearing that I told her that I am going to try to gun for Opthalmaology, nevermind I can't even spell the word right.

I wonder how many ENT surgeons actually spells ENT wrong, how many gas spell the A word wrong, and how many Optho people spell the O word wrong. I sure as hell can't spell them, and I have a 12 on my MCAT verbal.

fyi, it's Ophthalmology, not "Opthalmaology"

Members don't see this ad :)

You managed to distract yourself from your own original statement. That's impressive. Perhaps emergency medicine is in your future?

The weather isnt that great..

This is very true. I moved out here in June, and it was until December that I saw any rainfall. There were many weeks at a time without clouds. And sometimes it was well into the 80s rather than just the 70s in that period. Then in December it rained like 3 times and the temperature was often only in the upper 50s to upper 60s. In January and February and March it's rained AGAIN like 5 times. Now we're stuck with 60s and only every other week is it in the 70s instead of the 60s. Summer feels like it will never come with its steady low 70s to low 80s. This weather really does SUCK.

Also, what gives with the mountains and the beach being so close together? What happened to flat land? So much more recreational opportunity and scenic diversity in flat land. The ocean is so freaking wet.

Love people ragging on the consulting spots :) ... if only those premeds knew that consultant spots are often MORE competitive than top residency spots.

So how come no Dukies joining me at UCSD? It's San Diego! (This place is slightly wonderful.)

So not everyone got their releases in on time, thus some of the discrepancies in numbers listed and programs listed. Also, I have no idea what happened with the pediatrics listings (I have 7 programs listed for 6 people). I must have written down peds instead of path or something. And it says we have one family medicine match but it wasn't listed on the match list. But here it is, for the most part...

Anesthesiology - 9
Duke x 2
University of Washington
Brigham and Women's (Harvard)
Michigan
University of Virginia
Stanford
Massachussets General Hospital
Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Wash U in St. Louis)

Dermatology - 3
Barnes-Jewish (Wash U in St Louis)
Mayo
Stanford

Emergency Medicine - 6
Duke x 2
Mt. Sinai
UCLA
U of New Mexico
Ohio State

General Surgery - 5 categorical, 2 prelim
Duke
Wake Forest
UCLA
Stanford
UCSF
Washington Hospitals- DC
Naval Medical Center

Internal Medicine - 25
Duke x 6
Massachussets General Hospital x 2
Beth Israel Deaconess (Harvard) x 2
Brigham and Women's x 2
University of Washington x 2
Johns Hopkins
Stanford
Columbia
UT-Southwestern
Michigan
Pittsburgh Memorial

Internal Medicine-Pediatrics - 6
Duke x 3
Indiana
University of North Carolina
Michigan

Neurology- 1
UCSF

Neurosurgery - 4
Duke
Mayo
UCLA
NYU

Ob/Gyn
Einstein/Montefiore (NY)

Ophthalmology - 12
Duke x 2
Massachussets Eye and Ear x 2
Johns Hopkins x 2
New York Eye and Ear
Pitt
Howard
LSU
Wayne St.
NYMC

Orthopaedic Surgery - 4
Duke
Boston University
Carolinas Medical Center
Utah

Pathology - 5
Duke
UCSF
Columbia
University of Alabama-Birmingham

Pediatrics - 6?
Duke x 3
University of North Carolina
Children's Hospital- Philadelphia
Vanderbilt
LSU

Plastic Surgery - 1
Michigan

Psychiatry - 2
UT-Southwestern
Palmetto Health (SC)

Radiation Oncology - 1
University of Maryland

Radiology - 10
Duke x 2
University of Southern California
Johns Hopkins
Stanford
U Miami- Jackson Memorial
Michigan x 2
Medical University of South Carolina
Emory

Consulting -1
Boston Consulting Group
-hahaha, sorry. I had to put this in there.

This is very true. I moved out here in June, and it was until December that I saw any rainfall. There were many weeks at a time without clouds. And sometimes it was well into the 80s rather than just the 70s in that period. Then in December it rained like 3 times and the temperature was often only in the upper 50s to upper 60s. In January and February and March it's rained AGAIN like 5 times. Now we're stuck with 60s and only every other week is it in the 70s instead of the 60s. Summer feels like it will never come with its steady low 70s to low 80s. This weather really does SUCK.

Also, what gives with the mountains and the beach being so close together? What happened to flat land? So much more recreational opportunity and scenic diversity in flat land. The ocean is so freaking wet.

I love how you got all defensive when someone had the audacity to imply that not everyone would sell their soul to live in California.

Last edited:
michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

This is the match list for WSU, looks like they pulled off a fantastic job. Congrats to the Class of 2009.

Anesthesiology 13
UC San Francisco
NYU School Of Medicine
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 3
St Vincents Hospital NY
Loyola Univ Med Ctr
U Maryland Med Ctr
Henry Ford Hospital
Lacklund AFB TX
Brigham & Womens Hosp/Harvard U
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA IL X 2

Child Neurology 2
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor

Dermatology 4
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr-MI (Research)
Wayne State University SOM-MI X 2
University Hospital/U of Cincinnati

Emergency Medicine 26
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 7
St John Hospital - MI X 4
Barnes-Jewish Hosp/Washington U. in St Louis-MO
Indiana Univ Sch Of Med
U Nevada Affil Hosps-Las Vegas
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY
U Florida COM-Jacksonville
Mt Sinai Hospital-NY
Denver Health Med Ctr
UIC-Chicago X 2
Henry Ford Hospital X 5
George Washington Univ-DC

Family Medicine 21
U Colorado SOM-Denver
Med College of Wisconsin Hosp
U Michigan Hosp-Ann Arbor
Wayne State University SOM X 2
Oakwood Hospital-MI X 2
Memorial Hospital-IN
Utah HealthCare Institute X 2
UIC/Illinois Masonic FMR
Providence Hospital-MI X 2
Scottsdale Healthcare-Osborn-AZ
Marquette Gen Hosp-MI
William Beaumont Hosp
Toledo Hospital
Mid-Michigan Med Ctr
St John Hospital-MI
Kaiser Perm-Woodland Hills-CA
Sparrow Hospital-MI

General Surgery 9
Henry Ford Hospital X 2
Synergy Med Ed Alliance-MI
Yale University/Hosp of St Raphael
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 2
St Joseph Mercy-Ann Arbor
Temple Univ Hosp
William Beaumont Hosp

Internal Medicine 38
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 3
Detroit Med Ctr Corporation
UIC-Chicago X 2
St Vincents Hospital-NY
Memorial University Medical Center-GA
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr X 2
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor X 8
Barnes-Jewish Hosp/Washington U. in St Louis
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY
Grand Rapids Med Ed-MI
Emory Univ SOM X 2
Indiana Univ Sch Of Med
William Beaumont Hosp X 4
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL
NYP-Weill Cornell Med Ctr
Henry Ford Hospital 2
Yale-New Haven Hosp
Med College of Wisconsin Affil Hosps X 2
CA Pacific Med Center
U Tennessee COM-Memphis
St John Hospital-MI

Med-Peds 7
Case Western/MetroHealth Med Ctr
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr
U Minnesota Med School
William Beaumont Hosp
UIC-Chicago
Tufts University School of Medicine/Baystate Med Ctr-MA
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr

Medicine-Preliminary 1
UIC-Chicago

Neurological Surgery 2
Med College of Wisconsin Affil Hosps
Henry Ford Hospital

Neurology 5
U Colorado SOM-Denver
U of Pittsburgh Medical Center
U Maryland Med Ctr
U Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr/Harvard U-MA

Obstetrics-Gynecology 26
Maricopa Med Ctr-AZ
Indiana Univ Sch Of Med
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 3
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr X 3
University of Hawaii
Baylor U Med Ctr-Dallas
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor X 2
Medical University of SC
U Minnesota Med School
Grand Rapids Med Ed
Johns Hopkins Hosp
St Joseph Mercy-Ann Arbor-MI
Providence Hospital-MI
William Beaumont Hosp-MI
Loma Linda U/White Mem Med Ctr-Los Angeles
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr
Banner Good Samaritan Med Ctr-AZ
St John Hospital-MI
NYU School Of Medicine

Opthamology 6
University of South Florida
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 3
University of Minnesotta
Henry Ford Hospital

Orthopedic Surgery 9
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr (Research)
Grand Rapids Med Ed-MI
U Colorado SOM-Denver
U Washington Affil Hosps
University of Toledo
Detroit Med Ctr Corporation
William Beaumont Hosp
Henry Ford Hospital
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr

ENT 4
Einstein/Montefiore Med Ctr-NY 2
Henry Ford Hospital
UMDNJ-New Jersey Med-Newark

Pathology 4
Cleveland Clinic Fdn
William Beaumont Hosp X 2
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT (Comb Anatomical and Clinical)

Pediatrics 12
Childrens Hosp of Michigan 3
William Beaumont Hosp 3
Baylor College of Med-Houston
Northwestern McGaw/CMH
U Utah Affil Hospitals
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp - IL
Phoenix Childrens Hospital-AZ

Pediatrics and Child Neurology Comb 1
U Tennessee COM-Memphis

Pediatrics-PM&R 1
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr

Phys Medicine & Rehab 1
U Colorado SOM-Denver

Psychiatry 5
Boston Univ Med Ctr X 2
Henry Ford Hospital
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr

Radiation-Oncology 3
Einstein/Montefiore Med Ctr-NY
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr
William Beaumont Hosp

Radiology 23
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 2
Henry Ford Hospital X 6
Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr
University Hospital/U of Cincinnati
University of Toledo
Brown University/Rhode Island Hosp
U Colorado SOM-Denver
Thomas Jefferson Univ
William Beaumont Hosp X 2
U Illinois COM-Chicago
Providence Hospital
Oakwood Hospital X 3

Surgery-Preliminary 12
Ohio State Univ Med Ctr
Western Reserve Care System
Penn State U/Milton S. Hersey Med Ctr
Mt Carmel-OH
St Joseph Mercy Health Ctr-MI
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 4
Weill Cornell Medical College-NY
St Joseph Mercy--MI
Mayo School of Grad Med Ed--FL

Translational 2
Brooke Army Med Ctr-TX
Wayne State University SOM

Urology 4
Indiana Univ Sch Of Med
WSU/Detroit Med Ctr X 2
Akron Gen Med/NEOUCOM-OH

Love people ragging on the consulting spots :) ... if only those premeds knew that consultant spots are often MORE competitive than top residency spots
It's not about how competitive the consulting spots are. It's just the fact that most (although apparently not all) people attend medical school to become doctors, not consultants

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind their class size is around 250- which is 100 or so more than the average class size.

That's a lot of people matching into radiology from one school. Might be the most impressive match list I've seen yet.
UTSW matched 36 into radiology this year...

If you're going off number of people matching into a particular field, you do have to account for class size. Their % matching into radiology is about the same as Duke's (23/250 vs 10/100).

Edit: I'm not trying to undermine WSU's match list at all. Looks like they did great.

It's not about how competitive the consulting spots are. It's just the fact that most (although apparently not all) people attend medical school to become doctors, not consultants

They most likely went to medical school wanting to be a doctor. Things can change, however, once you experience it all...and sometimes people realize it's not for them. It's pretty amazing, actually, how many people medicine keeps.

Personally, I would be bored silly just focusing on the eyes. I did a summer internship that deal with researching an eye disease. I pretty much learned everything there is about the eye in just a few weeks.

If you learned everything there is to know about the eye in a few weeks then I'm clearly doing something wrong spending 4 years of my life in residency +/- another 2 years of fellowship training.

is there a link to utsw's match list this year? can someone post it?

also does nyu post their matches? the site only has the 2007 one.

I have over 6,500 hours of PAID clinical work experience. The most annoying thing was not the mean patients, but the patients who spent six months in a hospital bed to only show up again in three months and spend another six months in the hospital bed. The other annoying patient population group was the patients who would get admitted for a week, be discharged, get admitted again a few months later, get discharged, and only to be admitted again a few months later. This is a continous process. I would not be able to stand most specialites after working over three years in a hospital. No way would I go into oncology (oncology research is fine). If I were to match into internal medicine, I would make sure to go into cardiology, GI or some field like that.

so...the sickest patients annoy you?

I doubt the patients like it much, either.

You didn't get my point. It isn't that the patients are sick that is annoying. The annoying part is that they keep getting sick.

so what should they do? Stay home and die? If you were that patient, what would you do?

You didn't get my point. It isn't that the patients are sick that is annoying. The annoying part is that they keep getting sick.

eek, are you trying to say you would prefer to treat patients with not-so-chronic/terminal illnesses and better outcomes?

...i think that's fine and definitely something to know about yourself...

If you learned everything there is to know about the eye in a few weeks then I'm clearly doing something wrong spending 4 years of my life in residency +/- another 2 years of fellowship training.

Yeah, seriously. You should have just skipped med school and residency and gone straight from pre-med --> ophthalmologist. Obviously it's not that hard.

Yeah, seriously. You should have just skipped med school and residency and gone straight from pre-med --> ophthalmologist. Obviously it's not that hard.

why bother with pre-med? Just go from high school, skip the underwater basket weaving, B.S

It seems that people can just accept a great match list or thunderous praise when it's in regard to a school like Michigan or Stanford, but when a school like Wayne State is discussed positively in any manner there is always a rush of people to justify why it's not so great, and why it will never be. I don't really understand it.

What do you mean people were saying its not so great?? I didn't see anyone post anything about WSU one way or another. I know I haven't commented on every single match list in here. Just a few. Not sure I noticed back comments against WSU.

I don't mean this as overt negativeness, just a certain tone in which people discuss these things. For example, when the match list was posted someone had to counter the great job the students did with point out that it has a large class. While this is true, it's not like all the other kids matched **** specialties, it's great regardless. I've been reading through these boards and there always seems to be someone willing to jump in and some thinly veiled comment.

Anyways, I'm probably being hypersensitive, I just think some places don't get the respect they deserve.

I don't mean this as overt negativeness, just a certain tone in which people discuss these things. For example, when the match list was posted someone had to counter the great job the students did with point out that it has a large class. While this is true, it's not like all the other kids matched **** specialties, it's great regardless. I've been reading through these boards and there always seems to be someone willing to jump in and some thinly veiled comment.

Anyways, I'm probably being hypersensitive, I just think some places don't get the respect they deserve.
Hey I get why this triggered your repsonse in here, but befoe eek09 deleted all his posts, you would have seen that all the seemingly negative responses came after he said something like "this is the best match list I've seen thus far." Naturally all the med students are going to jump in and defend their institutions ;)

Hey I get why this triggered your repsonse in here, but befoe eek09 deleted all his posts, you would have seen that all the seemingly negative responses came after he said something like "this is the best match list I've seen thus far." Naturally all the med students are going to jump in and defend their institutions ;)

Ah I understand, I didn't really see his posts. You have to understand that I wouldn't simply come to my wits end after seeing just one post on this one day, this stems from constantly putting up with this both online and in real life. What's considered good and what isn't is so subjective that sometimes it's comical, I honestly don't understand how these things came to be so deeply rooted in the collective psyche. Anyways, thanks for the clarification.

i think that guy deleted his account, he made some extremely offensive comments earlier in another thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7968365#post7968365

^^^
"That sound you hear is primary care slowly choking to death. That other sound you hear is people dying as unqualified providers try to fill the void. I don't blame anyone, because there is no way in hell I'm going into primary care as the situation is right now. It just doesn't make economic sense.

Kind of sad, I think."

-meister

Btw, this is one of my favorite quotes on SDN.

By the way, in case you think any of the people going into internal med or peds are considering being primary care. They're not. 1 person out of the class of 110 or so graduating this year is actually intending on primary care.

Not sure why optho is such a huge draw at Duke. Rotating on it now to finish off med school on a light rotation. Definitely cool and all, but don't see why a quarter of the class was interested in it at some point.

(The story I heard, completely through the grapevine, was 22-23 were interested at first, that number went to 17 at some point and went down further to 13. 1 person saw the writing on the wall and applied optho/ED, didn't match, but then got an ED spot.)

O, and one person is actually going into I-banking!

1 person saw the writing on the wall and applied optho/ED, didn't match, but then got an ED spot.)
Not true, actually....he was the one I mentioned that didn't enter the ophtho match. He told me he was getting interviews at places in the NE but not at places he wanted to be in, and he was set on being in one of two cities. He decided it was more important to be in one of those cities for him and his family, so he didn't enter the early match.

I think people like ophtho because it's "surgery-lite" with better hours and better compensation. Just a guess.

Ahh... okay. Don't know the person (or even who he/she is) so was just going on rumor. Never mind all.

Ok...I'll bite. There is a top 25 school's match list on this thread that, to any outsider, would look very impressive. Lots of students going into competitive subspecialties, lots of "big-name" programs (MGH, Hopkins, etc). I'm not naming the school out of respect for my friend who told me all this and b/c it's really not the point.

Buuuut...according to a friend who is a fourth year there, it is actually an unusually poor match for them. A high number of students had to scramble, and the school had 3 or more students still with no placement on match day. And even in the "big-name" crowd - a lot of students were down to their third or fourth choice (it's just that that third or fourth choice happened to still be at an impressive sounding institution).

Which again, just goes to show that match lists (For the Harvard's of the world or the Wayne State's) are useless - it is impossible for an outsider to know how good or bad the list is - and yet pre-meds just keep ooh-ing and aah-ing over "x number of students matched into ortho"!!
You're right, there's no way to know any of this. And it definitely goes to show you that the onus is on the applicant to know their strengths and weaknesses. I've heard of applicants from top med schools who only applied to top residency programs...of course the chances of not matching when you only rank the best programs increase exponentially. No "name" is going to give you a spot in the match if you don't put in the work yourself and apply broadly.

does anyone have ohio state's match list?

Someone asked about Baylor on the first page. I'll ask again about it on page 7.

anyone got washu st louis?

Ok...I'll bite. There is a top 25 school's match list on this thread that, to any outsider, would look very impressive. Lots of students going into competitive subspecialties, lots of "big-name" programs (MGH, Hopkins, etc). I'm not naming the school out of respect for my friend who told me all this and b/c it's really not the point.

Buuuut...according to a friend who is a fourth year there, it is actually an unusually poor match for them. A high number of students had to scramble, and the school had 3 or more students still with no placement on match day. And even in the "big-name" crowd - a lot of students were down to their third or fourth choice (it's just that that third or fourth choice happened to still be at an impressive sounding institution).

Which again, just goes to show that match lists (For the Harvard's of the world or the Wayne State's) are useless - it is impossible for an outsider to know how good or bad the list is - and yet pre-meds just keep ooh-ing and aah-ing over "x number of students matched into ortho"!!
OK, this makes me think that a "scramble" list would be useful! Or at least a number of how many people had to go through that heinous process at each school! Of course no one would publish that. If a person doesn't get anything through the scramble, are they just deleted from the match list? Just conveniently forgotten and left off?

OK, this makes me think that a "scramble" list would be useful! Or at least a number of how many people had to go through that heinous process at each school! Of course no one would publish that. If a person doesn't get anything through the scramble, are they just deleted from the match list? Just conveniently forgotten and left off?

Well yeah, schools would never post that obviously. I'd say the easiest way to guestimate the scramble results is to look at the number of students doing prelim years with no advanced categorical - but this is obviously not precise since some people will scramble into categorical positions, and some people will end up in non-categorical prelims through the match. As for people who still don't have a spot come match day - yeah I think there results are just left off.

But access to this would tell you nothing about the school. Even school advising, which does play a role, pales in importance to the individual decisions made by the student.

I've heard students with 250 step 1 and up to 16 interviews that did not match. Why? Most likely it's not because they weren't a good candidate, but rather they were so good they interviewed (and ranked) all the top programs but failed to apply broadly with some more "safety" programs. Or maybe they're just not good interviewers. Who knows. (But for someone who is going to go through the match process next year, it scares the living **** out of me!)

Again though, you can't put IM in the same category as Primary care, because there are not enough stats to show what percentage of IM residents stay general IM docs rather then going onto subspecialize. Fact of the matter is a very, very high percentage of those going into IM are not doing so for IM's sake alone. They are doing it because it is their gateway to go into GI Med, Cardiology, The other non rad-onco type of oncology aka med onco/hematology, and pulmonology. They are doing it to go into fields like Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, allergy and immunology, though a good percentage want the first 4 fields l listed because of its high lucrative earning power or they like procedures but didn't want to be a surgeon per say or other reasons. It is hard to gauge what percent of IM residents stay in the business of primary care. I'd venture that a far smaller percent stays in IM when all is said and done. Furthermore, I'm willing to bet that if they didn't need to do IM first and could have separate residency programs which incorporated the IM residency but stated upfront they'd get into the rest of their training in whatever field they wanted, the actual pure IM counts would be far smaller.
I think you may have misunderstood what alex was saying...he's a current 4th year and was essentially backing up the comment made by the poster that primary care is dying. He's saying that only 1 out of the 106 graduates is intending on actual primary care (since virtually all of those going into IM are intending on doing a fellowship).

I would agree that having to scramble sucks and no one wants to be in that position. But as to matching at your #3 or #4 choice - realistically, this will not tell you anything about one school vs. another, or one candidate vs another, for the simple fact that you don't know WHERE these people interviewed in the first place. For example, let's say we have candidate A and candidate B, who both have the exact same list of the top 10 places they want to go before applying (in the exact same order). Candidate A gets interviews at top programs #1-10. Candidate B only gets interviews at top programs #9 and #10. Candidate A goes down to #8 on their rank list and gets top program #8. Candidate B gets the #1 program on their rank list, which is top program #9. Candidate A still did better than candidate B, even though they went way further down on their match list.

This would never happen. Schools don't publish match lists so that premeds can obsess about where they want to go ;) and it would be beneficial to no one (school or student) to make that information public.

People who don't match are either left off of the match list, or may be noted to be doing a research year or whatever other plans they have.

Also, if the school's worst match list in years is "very impressive" to an outsider, I'd really rather be there than at a school where the best match list in years is only average. It actually says a lot about the school in a positive light IMO.

My point was that it is not "very impressive" - it just looks that way to someone who doesn't know the actual motivations of the parties involved, or if they don't know crucial information that isn't part of the list (i.e. # of scrambles).

It doesn't particularly matter if a student ends up at MGH if that's not where they wanted to be (and if it's not the top program in the particular field...just has a well-known name). It also doesn't matter much if 7 students matched into ortho if another 4 applied and didn't match.

Well, you could look at it that way or you could look at it the way Diosa does (and I agree with her). I'd rather go to a school for which most people's number 8 is, say, Brigham & Women's IM, than one for which most people's number 1 is a teeny community hospital in rural Nebraska (no issues with Nebraska and all that). It's the same as comparing a college whose top students feel Wash U is their safety school because they expect to go to Harvard, as opposed to a college whose students are used to going to lower-tier schools and which therefore consider almost anything to be their top choice.

Of course, neither answer is right, because you don't know which were the students' first and second choice, why they were, etc. So yeah. Moo point.

anyone got U-Mass Worcester's match list for this year? Thanks a ton,
-k

ANESTHESIOLOGY (12)
Rush
Jackson Memorial Hosp-FL
Cornell
University of Florida
George Washington University
UTSW
St Lukes-Roosevelt-NY
NYU
Western Pennsylvania Hosp
Case Western
UCLA
Louisiana State-Shreveport

DERMATOLOGY (1)
Tufts

EMERGENCY MEDICINE (10)
Stanford x 2
Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr-MA x 2
UTSW
Emory
Yale
Loma Linda University
Harbor-UCLA

FAMILY MEDICINE (9)
Boston University
University of Pennsylvania
Medical College of Georgia
David Grant Med Ctr - Air Force
Alaska Family Med/Providence Hosp
Family Medicine Res of Idaho
UCSF
Tufts/Cambridge Health Alliance
VCU-Fairfax

GENERAL SURGERY (4)
Massachusetts General Hosp
Loyola
University of Southern California

INTERNAL MEDICINE (41)
Temple x 2
Cornell x 3
Tufts x 3
Rush
Georgetown
University of Maryland
Johns Hopkins x 2
George Washington University x 6
Jefferson x 3
David Grant Med Ctr - Air Force
UCLA x 2
University Hospitals-Case Western x 2
Ohio State
Jackson Memorial Hosp-FL x 2
Washington Hospital Center
Glendale Adventist Hosp-CA
Boston University x 2
Columbia University
Einstein
UMDNJ-Newark
Kaiser Permanente- Southern CA
Tripler Army Med Ctr-HI
Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr-CA
Stanford

MED-PEDS (3)
Baylor
University of Maryland
Massachusetts General Hosp

NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY (1)
University Hospitals-Jackson-MS

NEUROLOGY (3)
Dartmouth
University of Rochester

CHILD NEUROLOGY (1)
Cincinnati Children's Hosp

OBGYN (9)
UCSD
George Washington University x 2
Cornell
Naval Med Ctr Portsmouth-VA
New York Methodist Hosp
Winthrop University Hosp-NY
Boston University
Santa Clara Valley MC-CA

OPHTHALMOLOGY (4)
University of Maryland
University of Rochester
George Washington University x 2

ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY (8)
Eisenhower Army Med Ctr
VCU
Einstein
Northwestern
Banner Good Sam Med Ctr-AZ
Yale
UCSF
SUNY Downstate

OTOLARYNGOLOGY (2)
Ohio State
Wash U-Barnes Jewish

PATHOLOGY (2)
Johns Hopkins

PEDIATRICS (20)
Children's Hospital Boston
Columbia x 2
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia x 3
Orlando Health
Children's National Med Ctr x 2
MCW
Dartmouth
University of Colorado
UCLA
Children's Hosp LA-CA
Johns Hopkins
Cincinnati Children's Hosp
University of Maryland
Carolinas Medical Ctr
INOVA Fairfax Hosp-VA
Yale

PLASTIC SURGERY (1)
Grand Rapids Med Ed

PSYCHIATRY (4)
Stanford
Harvard Longwood
UCSF
University of Pittsburgh

DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY (7)
Nassau University Medical Center
Boston University
University of Pennsylvania
Einstein
Mount Sinai x 2
University of Pittsburgh

RADIATION ONCOLOGY (2)
Wake Forest
UC Davis

UROLOGY (3)
Yale
Madigan Army Med Ctr-WA
Mount Sinai

^^^
Almost 30% of the class matched into Internal Medicine. Not impressive.

Last edited: