2010-2011 University of Hawaii Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to SDN. I also was accepted to JABSOM. Is there a Facebook Group for Class of 2015? I am so excited to meet everyone!

congrats. i believe there isn't a facebook group yet

I got in as well!!! :D Are you guys deciding between different places, or are you set on JABSOM?

JABSOM #1 choice for me. going to start pulling out all my other applications.
can't wait to meet the rest of our classmates

Members don't see this ad.

Grats Motoko, Mercury, and chanceum!

I think JABSOM is going to be my first choice, but I am waiting on a few schools on interview decisions (which I most likely will end up declining).

I love Hawaii and am just happy that they let me stay here, haha.
Can't wait to meet you all in July.

It's between the East Coast and Hawaii for me. So it's an easy decision...I am moving back to the islands!! Congrats to all those accepted and fingers crossed for those on the waiting list. I know someone who got into JABSOM a week before classes started...so there is hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah Mercury, we're twins! I also got into schools on the east coast, but after this year's awful winter, the choice is really easy :thumbup: Congrats and can't wait to meet all of you as well! Man, I'm so glad we know, the wait was killer. Good luck streudels, I also heard that the waitlist moves pretty well, especially if you are from Hawaii. I heard that one year they even took people that initially got rejections.

i just finished my fafsa, did you guys turn it in a long time ago?

i just finished my fafsa, did you guys turn it in a long time ago?

Yes, I turned my FAFSA in a little while a go. I think it's just good that you got it in. Here is the financial aid link: http://www.hawaii.edu/fas/:laugh:

I believe that's the right source of information. Please correct me if I am wrong. It was a little confusing because JABSOM's website directs you to UH at Manoa's website for detailed information on financial aid.

I still don't know when we hear about financial aid packages?

Just got accepted off the waitlist, some movement is happening I suppose. Good luck to everyone else!

Yes, I turned my FAFSA in a little while a go. I think it's just good that you got it in. Here is the financial aid link: http://www.hawaii.edu/fas/:laugh:

I believe that's the right source of information. Please correct me if I am wrong. It was a little confusing because JABSOM's website directs you to UH at Manoa's website for detailed information on financial aid.

I still don't know when we hear about financial aid packages?

I just got an email today saying I had a message at MyUH. It showed what types of loans I got and if I wanted to take them. I'm still not sure how much I'm going to take out, as it says my "need" is ~53k, but a lot of the first and second years I talked to are only taking out 40-45k.

Hi i was wondering what is my chance of getting in since I will being applying to UH this June. I was born in Hawaii but my dad still lives in hawaii but he retired. while, my mom live in los angeles. I went to mainland for high school and UCLA. My cumulative gpa is 3.6 and my science gpa is 3.5 while i got 10 on physical, 9 on verbal, 10 on biological. I am registered to vote in hawaii and still have my hawaii driver licenses. My sister works at queens hopsital and got her nursing degree at UH. Am i still a residence to their eyes and also what is my chance of getting in. Also, if i do get rejected, I was planning on going to Public health school in Hawaii. Is the public health school in hawaii competitive?

Thanks in advance

Also, is it true that you have to show your parents income tax form

Hi i was wondering what is my chance of getting in since I will being applying to UH this June. I was born in Hawaii but my dad still lives in hawaii but he retired. while, my mom live in los angeles. I went to mainland for high school and UCLA. My cumulative gpa is 3.6 and my science gpa is 3.5 while i got 10 on physical, 9 on verbal, 10 on biological. I am registered to vote in hawaii and still have my hawaii driver licenses. My sister works at queens hopsital and got her nursing degree at UH. Am i still a residence to their eyes and also what is my chance of getting in. Also, if i do get rejected, I was planning on going to Public health school in Hawaii. Is the public health school in hawaii competitive?

Thanks in advance

Congrats to all of you who got in. I am just in line for the imi ho'ola admission right now (the disadvantage program for JABSOM).

I think I can actually answer your question. The public health school is somewhat competitive but the minimum GPA to get in is 3.0. They don't care what your GRE scores are really (just as long as you have taken them). I think there are two letter of recommendations required: here is the link for their program http://www.hawaii.edu/publichealth/ .

I am in a different masters from public health so I don't know the application process exactly. However, I have taken some courses under the public health department. They are not hard believe me. The professors are very kind and helpful. So I say go for it!

Hope this helps.

I just got an email today saying I had a message at MyUH. It showed what types of loans I got and if I wanted to take them. I'm still not sure how much I'm going to take out, as it says my "need" is ~53k, but a lot of the first and second years I talked to are only taking out 40-45k.

Congrats Tutankhamun and thanks for the info motoko!

I didn't have a UH portal, but I discovered if I went to this site (below) I could create my UH username, email, etc.. Then once in my portal I was able to access my financial aid letter.

https://myuh.hawaii.edu:8888/sessionid=nobody/am-sso-check-status

So excited to have a UH email and official site that says I am a medical student!!

Again, can't wait to meet everyone and begin this journey!

just wondering, are you guys cpr certified?

There is a Facebook group set up so we can figure out who else is in the class. Look up "JABSOM class of 2015."

just wondering, are you guys cpr certified?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you have to be certified by some point before matriculation.

congrats to everyone that got in.

Does anyone know how UH views science prereqs that came from community college? I've taken about half of mine at KCC and WCC.

Accepted today.. Pretty honored because they only save ~6 seats for out of state students (from MD), but most likely going to decline... GL to all those on the waitlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.