2010-2011 Vanderbilt University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any waitlist movement yet????

Members don't see this ad.

Any waitlist movement yet????

I am in the same waitlist boat.... I know that they really stressed the second week of June as the big day for waitlist movement. That is also when they send out all of their waitlist rejections which usually come in the mail around the next week. You can still be picked up from the waitlist into July though so if you don't get a letter in the mail, things are (hopefully) looking up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't mean to post twice in a row here but I was just stalking last year's thread and thought I would share the information that I got. Around June 10th last year, people were getting rejections from the waitlist via snail mail. Around June 17th, people were receiving calls from Dean Zic asking if they were still interested in matriculating to Vandy. Those who responded with an affirmative were accepted a few days later.

That being said, several applicants who were not rejected via snail mail e-mailed Dr. Sagan and asked about their chances of being accepted and she said that it was very limited at this point. I don't know for sure if this is the case this year, but I assume so.

I hope this helps.

Has anybody heard ANY recent news from Vanderbilt--good or bad? It's maddening that there hasn't been much movement at all yet. Doesn't the year start in a little bit over a month?

Has anybody heard ANY recent news from Vanderbilt--good or bad? It's maddening that there hasn't been much movement at all yet. Doesn't the year start in a little bit over a month?

Just got back from work and had a rejection letter waiting for me -- looks like they have started knocking people off the WL.

Just received a letter saying I had been small-pooled and am still under consideration to join the class as positions open. Any idea how large this pool is and what the chances are of moving out of it?

Received a call and email from Dean Zic last night with an acceptance :) seems like they are on the same schedule as last year.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Last edited:
Vanderbilt vs. Hopkins... any advice from current students?? This might be the hardest decision I've ever had to make!

Vanderbilt vs. Hopkins... any advice from current students?? This might be the hardest decision I've ever had to make!

I think I speak for all of us small-pooled at Vandy when I say that we think you'd be very very happy at Hopkins.... ;)

Seriously though, congrats on getting offers to such great schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.