2011-2012 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies.. posted this on the wrong forum/school. You are right cooper emails decision. My apologies for the hysteria.

Members don't see this ad.

My apologies.. posted this on the wrong forum/school. You are right cooper emails decision. My apologies for the hysteria.

Thanks for the quick reply! Def almost dropped a flask in lab when I read your post lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Bad Intel. Just checked with school (on unrelated matter) and nothing went out today!
Don't trust everything you see on these boards!

Dude.. read two posts up! I just said I posted in the wrong forum. That message was for another school that I am waiting to hear from.

No offence man, I replied to an unrefreshed page that didn't have the additional posts. They didn't pop up on my screen until after I replied

Quiet thread. Does this mean that people who interviewed a few weeks ago still haven't heard back?

Interviewed 9 Mar. No word yet...waiting

Dr SunDai what do you mean? I was just referencing the fact that no one who interviewed during the last few dates have updated waitlisted/priority waitlisted or anything. Just wondering if you heard from them at all.

Waiting for spots to open up :(

Dr SunDai what do you mean? I was just referencing the fact that no one who interviewed during the last few dates have updated waitlisted/priority waitlisted or anything. Just wondering if you heard from them at all.

Recent interviewee; Priority waitlist, that's why I said waiting for spots to open up. Fell in love interview day and really want to go to Cooper

Right on! Yeah I wonder if we'll hear in March at all......

Recent interviewee; Priority waitlist, that's why I said waiting for spots to open up. Fell in love interview day and really want to go to Cooper

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think we'll see waitlist movement until close to May. Hoping that isn't the case tho.

Anyone know if the priority waitlist is ranked, first come first serve? Or how large the priority wait list is? Seems like everyone is priority.

Someone should email or call to find out. If anyone does, please let everyone else know

Someone should email or call to find out. If anyone does, please let everyone else know

No, the priority wait list is not ranked, or numbered. I believe that when a spot opens up, the committee may review everyone on the priority wait list and vote on who they let in. Either that, or its first come first serve, as far as interview dates.

Since they keep saying that normal schools can accept 2x as many applicants as spots, then, I am assuming that 50 were accepted and 50 were placed on the priority wait list, and 100 on the regular wait list. Since we have seen some priority list-pulldowns, I can only assume there are about 40-45 people still on the priority wait list.

If anyone thinks otherwise, or that this list is smaller.. I doubt it. I would love it to be smaller, since I am on it, but I doubt it. Additionally, I dont think that we will see as much movement come May as some people may expect. I expect there to be little or no movement for this school from here on out. 50 is a very small number.

Last edited:
just out of curiosity, is anyone bringing a guest to the accepted students day? if you are bringing someone or more than one person, who are you bringing? Sig. others? Parents? Friends?

I'm pretty sure there is now a cmsru class of 2016 forum on SDN...maybe your question would get more answers there.

As for me, still waiting on status!

I withdrew my acceptance this morning. Hope one of you fine people get some good news soon. Best of luck guys!

I withdrew my acceptance this morning. Hope one of you fine people get some good news soon. Best of luck guys!

Thanks for letting us know! Would you mind sharing where you decided to go?

Priority waitlist, as of today.

Thanks....here's hoping! Good luck to you as well!

Last edited:
well its not nailed down yet, but I decided cooper wasnt in my top two so no sense in making other people wait. No room to be greedy in this process you can only go to one school at the end of the day. Cooper was a great opportunity for a medical education. Cant wait to see how everything there turns out.

1. Wouldn't it be crazy if every single person on the priority waitlist was active on SDN?

2. For those with at least one other acceptance and on the waitlist at Cooper -- is the time you've spent having that other acceptance really making you like that other school a lot?

1. Yes and then we can get an accurate count

2. Are you asking this to see how ppl withdraw from the acceptance list? However, I personally have decided to continue as if I am going to the location where I have gotten accepted, because nothing is guaranteed here. If I am offered a spot then I will deal with that, if it ever become a reality...

1. Wouldn't it be crazy if every single person on the priority waitlist was active on SDN?

2. For those with at least one other acceptance and on the waitlist at Cooper -- is the time you've spent having that other acceptance really making you like that other school a lot?

2. Are you asking this to see how ppl withdraw from the acceptance list? However, I personally have decided to continue as if I am going to the location where I have gotten accepted, because nothing is guaranteed here. If I am offered a spot then I will deal with that, if it ever become a reality...

Ditto! Would love to go to Cooper, but I have to be realistic.... There's no way to know who will actually end up pulled from the priority waitlist. So it's business as usual with filling out paperwork where I'm accepted.

I'm just asking cus I was curious and to see if anyone was experiencing the same thing as me. Regardless it's gonna be sweet no matter what happens.

I'm just asking cus I was curious and to see if anyone was experiencing the same thing as me. Regardless it's gonna be sweet no matter what happens.

I was jk forgot the lol. But I get your point, its exciting but then if u really like cooper its still there in the back of your brain looming......

I was jk forgot the lol. But I get your point, its exciting but then if u really like cooper its still there in the back of your brain looming......

I agree. I wish there was less ambiguity in the whole process. The really only bothersome thing is that there isn't a definitive number on the priority waitlist. I think all hope may be lost for the regular waitlisters, though

I agree. I wish there was less ambiguity in the whole process. The really only bothersome thing is that there isn't a definitive number on the priority waitlist. I think all hope may be lost for the regular waitlisters, though

Keep up the faith, in all schools, as May 15th looms, you will get lots of folks, myself included, who will have to make some tough decisions. From there, the waitlist will be flow. Some schools like Buffalo for example exhaust their top 1/3 waitlist and almost always goes into their middle 1/3rd waitlist.

Keep up the faith, in all schools, as May 15th looms, you will get lots of folks, myself included, who will have to make some tough decisions. From there, the waitlist will be flow. Some schools like Buffalo for example exhaust their top 1/3 waitlist and almost always goes into their middle 1/3rd waitlist.

Holding on b/c I really love Cooper! Just wish we could know sooner than later, but I'm positive it will be worth the wait. It would have been nice to get a chance to go to second look day :-/

Oh man sorry to hear that. I'm kind of surprised they did that though!

I had no idea it was possible to be rejected from a wait list. Perhaps they made a mistake and placed someone on the wait list who was not actually supposed to be on it? Hope they don't start rejecting people on the high priority wait list or I am toast.

is this for real? what did the email say???

"As of 04/05/2012, we have been able to assess the likelihood of moving candidates off the waitlist to a full admit status. At this time we feel that maintaining you on the waitlist will do you a disservice. We will not be able to offer you a position at our school, and we wish to inform you early so that you may prepare for other alternatives"

Can't say I'm surprised, I don't think my interview went that well. Good luck with everyone that is still on the waiting list! And good luck to all those attending Cooper - seems like a great place to learn!

No, still waiting. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed

Well, I guess it is the end of the line for me and a new beginning for someone else. I have five acceptances, three offered scholarship, plus I have a State School acceptance. I did like the plan Cooper Had, I felt it was one of my two best interviews I've had this cycle. Despite that, it is still a new school, and financially, I simply couldn't overlook four established AND cheaper schools.

I hope you or someone else from here gets in. I'm going to write the withdrawal letter now.

Well, I guess it is the end of the line for me and a new beginning for someone else. I have five acceptances, three offered scholarship, plus I have a State School acceptance. I did like the plan Cooper Had, I felt it was one of my two best interviews I've had this cycle. Despite that, it is still a new school, and financially, I simply couldn't overlook four established AND cheaper schools.

I hope you or someone else from here gets in. I'm going to write the withdrawal letter now.

Best of Luck to you!!! You've been highly favored this cycle!! I can only hope I'm pulled from the list.

any word? its almost may 1st :(...........oh cooper why must you torture me. :(

Deep breaths... deep breaths.

We still need to be patient with the process as it seems like they evaluate all waitlist candidates when spots open up (there's no evidence of rank, at the very least). The process will be slow, as evidenced by the fact that it already IS slow for those of us on the priority waitlist! Imagine what it's like for the regular waitlisters! From what I can tell the majority of us waiting to hear have at least one other acceptance, so let's be happy with the fact that we don't have to re-enter the pool for the 2013 cycle...

any word? its almost may 1st :(...........oh cooper why must you torture me. :(

this is true, but it sucks, cuz your staring at lease and time is ticking, got ppl sending me hate emails to hurry up and decide lol.........but i guess this is a good dilemna....

Deep breaths... deep breaths.

We still need to be patient with the process as it seems like they evaluate all waitlist candidates when spots open up (there's no evidence of rank, at the very least). The process will be slow, as evidenced by the fact that it already IS slow for those of us on the priority waitlist! Imagine what it's like for the regular waitlisters! From what I can tell the majority of us waiting to hear have at least one other acceptance, so let's be happy with the fact that we don't have to re-enter the pool for the 2013 cycle...

To those accepted already, what is the deadline for you to respond to Cooper? I know aamc says 5/15 but some schools require an earlier response (like 5/7).

Status
Not open for further replies.