2011-2012 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in state and I had to pay $70 as well... maybe the e-mail wasn't updated? Or it was wrong, adn hopefully we'll get our monies back.

I did that as well, kinda odd they didn't have fall 2012 though!

I called, spoke with the Graduate Office and the SoM. The first told me they had no idea but put the SoM on for a three-way call... the SoM said that it should be 50.00 and that she would look into it, see why it's not charging the correct amount, and give me a call back. She also said that it is the same price for IS and OOS.

She did tell me to not pay until it was worked out though.

Members don't see this ad.

I called, spoke with the Graduate Office and the SoM. The first told me they had no idea but put the SoM on for a three-way call... the SoM said that it should be 50.00 and that she would look into it, see why it's not charging the correct amount, and give me a call back. She also said that it is the same price for IS and OOS.

She did tell me to not pay until it was worked out though.

FFFFFUUUUUU-.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who don't have a committee letter are you marking so on the letter form? the two choices are only if you have a committee letter right?

MSTP invited for interview...so very happy right now :D

Hey guys,

Anyone actually gotten the interview call yet? I got the secondary, but it sounds like they only give the formal invite a few weeks beforehand.

received secondary :) OOS with strong ties

uh, is the secondary the email that says this "supplementary application materials", ah i guess so, it says it needs all those things before an interview is scheduled?

ah, i kinda dont want an interview from them right now lol. i applied here randomly (OOS, 3.8/34, no ties whatsoever) ah well, never know this might be one of few i may get. flights aren't too bad, seems like 280 bux or so and they do accept about half of interviewed people so that's fairly encouraging

wow, their first year class is 328? haven't seen any other school that huge of a class year..

Last edited:
wow, their first year class is 328? haven't seen any other school that huge of a class year..

Indiana is the only medical school in the state and for the first two years you can be at one of several branch campuses so I guess it works out pretty well. I'm happy with that though...that's how many most schools interview so better chances! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea how it happened, but I got the secondary this morning. Pretty stoked! :D

Verified 7/5, received secondary yesterday.

I don't have the slightest idea what to do with the letters of recommendation thing. I don't have a committee letter. Do I just fill out the stuff without checking the boxes, or do I disregard it altogether?

I don't have the slightest idea what to do with the letters of recommendation thing. I don't have a committee letter. Do I just fill out the stuff without checking the boxes, or do I disregard it altogether?

nobody ever got back to me about this either.... i ended up not initialing either of the blanks and just filled out my recommenders' names

nobody ever got back to me about this either.... i ended up not initialing either of the blanks and just filled out my recommenders' names

So...still nobody? I guess I'll call them on Monday probably.

I see I am really late to this thread: IU received my app 7/18. It's 7/31 and no word yet of course, but I am pretty sure most of you guys waited between 3-4 weeks to hear back. I am IS ED with 30> MCAT (obviously) and 3.86 BCMP GPA. The email said it may take several weeks but I was wondering if anyone is scheduled for an interview in early August?

I see I am really late to this thread: IU received my app 7/18. It's 7/31 and no word yet of course, but I am pretty sure most of you guys waited between 3-4 weeks to hear back. I am IS ED with 30> MCAT (obviously) and 3.86 BCMP GPA. The email said it may take several weeks but I was wondering if anyone is scheduled for an interview in early August?

I am in the same boat as you, IU received my app on 7/18 and I am also IS EDP. I have not received the supplementary info/interview invite, hopefully soon though! I read on a thread from last year that a lot of the IU EDP people were interviewed the last week of August.

To the MSTP applicants out there, does anyone know if there are essay prompts for us on the secondary? I'm applying later this month due to a late MCAT as a non-trad. I'd love to get a head start...

Thanks and good luck to all.

To the MSTP applicants out there, does anyone know if there are essay prompts for us on the secondary? I'm applying later this month due to a late MCAT as a non-trad. I'd love to get a head start...

Thanks and good luck to all.

they send you a form that lets you check off research interests and list any faculty members you would like to meet with.

I got my supplemental info this morning! :D

Received the interview invite today! IS EDP for August 24 at 8:45 am. Woohoo!!:D

Received the interview invite today! IS EDP for August 24 at 8:45 am. Woohoo!!:D

So did I... To bad I'm out of town when they scheduled it... Let's hope they're understanding and can schedule it for September :)

I received the invite today too! Did you get two emails? I received two emails that had different times for interview, financial aid session and information session. :confused:

I received the invite today too! Did you get two emails? I received two emails that had different times for interview, financial aid session and information session. :confused:
I will see you all there! I got two emails as well, but my interview time was the same.

I received my interview invite today too for 8/24 at 8:45am!

I received an email today from IU that was titled 'IU School of Medicine-Application Status Notification' but there was nothing written on it except the 'Sincerely' part.
I'm assuming this was an error but I don't know if I should wait a bit or call them to ask about the email.
I really want to know if I got a secondary or not lol

Edit: Nevermind, it was just a problem with my email. I got rejected :(
I'm surprised because I met the requirements and even though I'm OOS I have very close connections with Indiana that I don't feel I was able to convey through the primary application.

Last edited:
Rejected, but really like this school. Would it help to call the admissions office and ask about my app?

Supplemental Materials Today! So Excited! I have pretty strong ties to Indiana.

AMCAS Verified 6/15, AMCAS Receipt Notification 7/26

Anybody else OOS w/o ties? Should I even both to complete the secondary?

Thanks for your help!

Anybody else OOS w/o ties? Should I even both to complete the secondary?

Thanks for your help!

I'm OOS w/o ties and I completed the secondary. If they gave you a secondary it must mean they like you to some extent. I doubt they'd interview you if they had no interest. I like the school, and wouldn't mind going there, so I completed it.

I got a secondary invite 6/27. On 8/3 I was rejected (before I submitted secondary).

Today got this email:

You recently received 2 emails from the IU School of Medicine. One asking you to complete the supplementary materials and one informing you that you were ineligible. The ineligible email was sent in error. You are still being considered by the Admissions Committee for entrance into IU School of Medicine and will receive interview information by the end of next week. Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office with any questions that you may have.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Does the sentence about the interview mean I'm getting one? Has anyone else received interview info?

if you are asked to fill out supplemental materials that means you get an interview, so congrats!

are you sure about this?

Yeah, but you won't be able to schedule your interviews until after they receive all your materials. And you gotta send em by snail mail, and as far as I know there's no online status check so you just sit and wait haha.

do not think OOS state ties have any appreciable factor unfortunately, i got the 'invite' and literally applied her on a whim and i'm not a 'stellar' candidate relative to the sdn populous by any means.

Received the email just now, the interview is set for 31st August
submitted my primary app on 3rd of June. IS, non-EDP

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.