2011-2012 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey 2012ers,

is it worth submitting my TMDSAS for 2013 if i haven't received my LORs, or will UTSA wait until EVERYTHING is in to review my file?

thank you my experienced compadres.

Yes, submit your primary now so TMDSAS can at least verify it and send it to the school.

UTHSCSA (no relationship with UTSA!) may or may not evaluate your app until they have everything, but don't forget that there is a delay (ranging from a few days to a few weeks) between when you press "submit" on TMDSAS and when the schools receive your app.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else hear back on waitlist updates? Is it true that after 6/1 texas schools no longer consider applicants from the waitlist who have received prior acceptances to other schools?

Yes. If you have a prior acceptance to a Texas school.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i was put on the waitlist for UTHSCSA. I just found out yesterday that I was accepted to UTHSCSA! i couldn't be happier...however i was accepted to Texas A&M on match day. I'm sure both schools will prepare me equally well. However, I wanted to go to Uthscsa for the relaxed atmosphere and close proximity to my hometown (i love my family and don't wish to be far from them). There's also the school's probation status thats worrying me...and that because there will be a new curriculum..the old notes and materials passed down from class to class won't help me much...let me know what you all think...stay in a&m or go to SA?

so i was put on the waitlist for UTHSCSA. I just found out yesterday that I was accepted to UTHSCSA! i couldn't be happier...however i was accepted to Texas A&M on match day. I'm sure both schools will prepare me equally well. However, I wanted to go to Uthscsa for the relaxed atmosphere and close proximity to my hometown (i love my family and don't wish to be far from them). There's also the school's probation status thats worrying me...and that because there will be a new curriculum..the old notes and materials passed down from class to class won't help me much...let me know what you all think...stay in a&m or go to SA?

I just got into UTH yesterday. Even though UTHSCSA is on probation (it doesn't matter) and even though they are getting a new curriculum, I decided that I want to attend UTHSCSA. Sure UTH might have slightly better rankings but the match rates and step score are about the same. In the end what it boiled down to was where I would be happiest. Sure I'd be happy in Houston and make the best out of it, but I have a very strong support group in SA. I'd basically be alone in Houston and that would make life harder. In the end I let my emotions and not numbers sway me.

Just got accepted by email today!!

I've been on the waitlist, as many are I'm sure. Didn't think I was going to get in anywhere. My stats were 29Q, 3.65 GPA, in-state. So, there is hope!

I just got my acceptance letter today! OMG YES!

My stats: 33P, 3.61 gpa and OOS

Congrats to all the recent acceptances! I'm still waiting for mine :/
Glad to hear they are still giving OOS offers this late in the cycle. I'm applying in-state with 3.65 GPA 31Q..crossing my fingers!

Is there a class of 2016 facebook page for San Antonio?

Anyone have any updates on the wait list movement? I heard that acceptances can be offered up until the start of classes - is that true??

I got off the waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo!!!! I'm so excited to come her! I got an email at 9:30 pm from Dr. Jones. See you guys in a few weeks!

Awesome news rafman! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also are you in-state or out of state applicant?

I'm instate, sGPA was 3.59 30Q

I received my acceptance letter today!!!!! I can't believe I got in Wooohooo!! Still feels like im dreaming :)
Now I'm scrambling to catch up with all the paperwork and finding a place to live. Does anyone know of any apts near school that still have spaces for lease?
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hey everyone, I have an interview this month for the class of 2013. Any advice on the interview? Thanks!

Because they belong to TMDSAS. You have to apply to their MD program through TMDSAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.