**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email from my POI at LSU, he extended an offer to another applicant and I am high on his wait list. SIGH.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
could the person who received an acceptance mind pming me their POI? Thanks!

I’m confused…doesn't CUNY have an interview session tomorrow? If so, can they give out acceptances before interviews are completed?

I’m confused…doesn't CUNY have an interview session tomorrow? If so, can they give out acceptances before interviews are completed?

I don't know about CUNY, but I've known other programs that have done so (primarily PsyD's).

There are quite a few programs at CUNY, so maybe the interview session is for one of the others??? (i.e. clinical, neuropsych, forensic, developmental, etc...). This was for the clinical ph.d., which is separate. I'm pretty sure they are done interviewing, as they told me during my interview that they'd be meeting to make final decisions by March 1st, and would extend offers on the 2nd. It seems like that has been accurate thus far.

Can whoever got the waitlist from Drexel today, please PM me? I would love to know who your POI/concentration is! Thanks!

There are quite a few programs at CUNY, so maybe the interview session is for one of the others??? (i.e. clinical, neuropsych, forensic, developmental, etc...). This was for the clinical ph.d., which is separate. I'm pretty sure they are done interviewing, as they told me during my interview that they'd be meeting to make final decisions by March 1st, and would extend offers on the 2nd. It seems like that has been accurate thus far.

My mistake! :D

University of Arizona has made offers to their cognition and neural program as well as the social program. No word yet on clinical?

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Arizona has made offers to their cognition and neural program as well as the social program. No word yet on clinical?

I received an email from the University of Arizona yesterday saying that they would let people know either way by the end of March for the clinical program.

Yes, but for a different POI. Mine offered acceptances to four people, one has already accepted. I just need one of those other people to go somewhere else, and I'm in! I hate waiting :(.
Bah, that sucks. Waiting is the worst. Good luck!

Accepted to the Yeshiva Ferkauf Clinical PhD, health emphasis! Received a call this afternoon. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. :)

Accepted to Washington University in St Louis' clinical psych Ph.D. program via a phone call from my POI. Best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet!

Waitlisted at Fordham for their Ph.D. program. I replied and asked to be removed since I've accepted elsewhere, hopefully lots of space opens up and people get in off the waitlist. Great program!

Waitlisted for Auburn's clinical ph.d. program via email from DCT on 3/2. They don't rank alternates.

I got one interview during this entire cycle and received admittance to Yeshiva's Clinical PsyD program today through email from the DCT :soexcited:

People on this forum are right, it only takes one :) Good luck everybody!

I got one interview during this entire cycle and received admittance to Yeshiva's Clinical PsyD program today through email from the DCT :soexcited:

People on this forum are right, it only takes one :) Good luck everybody!

Congrats!! Wonderful. You are right and I hope it's going to be true for me :) ...only had two interviews (applied to five programs), and hope one works out for me ;)

Hi guys,
So, I just interviewed at my top choice school on Friday. The PI told us that she would let us know on Thursday (yesterday) where we stand. In response to my thank you note, she said I would hear from her 'after the faculty meet to discuss admissions on Wednesday.' Well, I'm assuming the meeting took place and it's already Friday and I haven't heard a thing. This is just incredibly agonizing.
Do you guys think it would be appropriate if, by Wednesday I haven't heard anything, I emailed her to reiterate my strong interest in the her lab and the program? Or would that be annoying and pushy? If not, would it be too early to email today?
Also, do you think it's likely that I am just not who she chose and that she is delaying giving me the bad news?
This is so very stressful.:eek::scared:

Please help!

And congratulations to everyone with acceptances where they'd like to go!

E-mailing the programs has gotten me nowhere....I just keep getting responses that they're "still in the application process".

Has anyone been accepted to work at these schools/with these POIs?

WVU Clinical - Dr. Fremouw
UVA Curry - Dr. Loper or Dr. Cornell
VCU Counseling - Dr. Shivy
UT Knoxville Clinical - Dr. Fite

You can PM me if you'd rather not post it in the forum. I really appreciate it, this way I can stop stressing about these! :eek:

(I apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere on the website - I couldn't find anything similar in my searching...)

If anyone could give advice/suggestions on this situation, it would be appreciated! I've been accepted to School A, which is my top choice. I've had interviews over the past couple weeks with School B and School C, but have not yet heard back from them with a decision (one of them has shown up on the thread, but the other one hasn't). I am positive that I want to accept School A's offer. Do I have a responsibility to contact Schools B & C and withdraw my application if they're still in the process of deciding who to admit? Or do I just stay silent until I hear back from them, at which point I would tell them I already accepted School A? I want to be as respectful as possible in this whole process, but I'm just not sure about the normal procedure in this situation. Thoughts?

(I apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere on the website - I couldn't find anything similar in my searching...)

If anyone could give advice/suggestions on this situation, it would be appreciated! I've been accepted to School A, which is my top choice. I've had interviews over the past couple weeks with School B and School C, but have not yet heard back from them with a decision (one of them has shown up on the thread, but the other one hasn't). I am positive that I want to accept School A's offer. Do I have a responsibility to contact Schools B & C and withdraw my application if they're still in the process of deciding who to admit? Or do I just stay silent until I hear back from them, at which point I would tell them I already accepted School A? I want to be as respectful as possible in this whole process, but I'm just not sure about the normal procedure in this situation. Thoughts?

You are required to inform the schools for which you are holding acceptances after you accept somewhere and let them know that you have been accepted. I'm certain that if you read their acceptance requirements and information (which every school should post) it will say the same thing. I hope this helps!

Just found out I've been accepted off the waitlist to LSU! I'm so excited. Good luck to the rest of you! I'm so glad I had this forum to share this experience with other people in the same boat :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's fabulous!!!:D

I agree with what has previously been said. If you know that you want to accept an offer from A, then accept it and let the other schools know that you no longer wish to be considered.

Even if B and C haven't told you anything yet, it is common to make a phone call to them so they can let another student have a chance sooner.

Think of how horrible it was to wait for your acceptance. Someone out there can fill your spot at B and C. Telling the University that you are no longer interested in those spots means that someone else can know sooner.

Congrats on getting into your first choice school! Good luck in your future endeavors.

You are required to inform the schools for which you are holding acceptances after you accept somewhere and let them know that you have been accepted. I'm certain that if you read their acceptance requirements and information (which every school should post) it will say the same thing. I hope this helps!

I understand that if you accept at School A, you are supposed to notify all other schools who have given you offers of admission that you are declining your offers... but I don't have any other admissions offers right now. I'm asking because I don't know what to do about schools at which I haven't heard any definite results. Are you saying that if accept at School A, I need to contact all of the other schools where I applied (including those schools I interviewed at, who are probably still reviewing applications to make final decisions, and even including the ones where I never got interviews but still haven't actually told me I was rejected yet)?

I understand that if you accept at School A, you are supposed to notify all other schools who have given you offers of admission that you are declining your offers... but I don't have any other admissions offers right now. I'm asking because I don't know what to do about schools at which I haven't heard any definite results. Are you saying that if accept at School A, I need to contact all of the other schools where I applied (including those schools I interviewed at, who are probably still reviewing applications to make final decisions, and even including the ones where I never got interviews but still haven't actually told me I was rejected yet)?
I think you should notify at least all other schools who are still considering you.

Has U of Connecticut clinical program finished extending offers? I have emailed the professor but no response yet. It's post-interview.

I do not know anything about UConn personally. However, in general, although a program may have finished making it's initial offers, this does not mean that it is finished extending offers per se, so I would not give up all hope. For example, my program (not UConn!) has extended all offers post interview, but we have not yet received acceptances from all students. As we receive responses from students holding outstanding offers, then there is the possibility that additional offers may be extended to students on the waitlist (if the initial offers extended are declined and if the professor opts to go to the waitlist). This could be one reason that your professor has not responded to you yet.

G'luck! :luck:

I do not know anything about UConn personally. However, in general, although a program may have finished making it's initial offers, this does not mean that it is finished extending offers per se, so I would not give up all hope. For example, my program (not UConn!) has extended all offers post interview, but we have not yet received acceptances from all students. As we receive responses from students holding outstanding offers, then there is the possibility that additional offers may be extended to students on the waitlist (if the initial offers extended are declined and if the professor opts to go to the waitlist). This could be one reason that your professor has not responded to you yet.

G'luck! :luck:

Thanks.
For those who got offers from Uconn, if you don't mind, can you message the name of your POI? Thanks.

Got an offer at Case Western today! Top choice!

Also received notice that I am a first alternate at University of North Carolina Greensboro.

Accepted to St. John's School Psych PsyD only a few hours after my interview today!:D

Has anyone heard from FSU yet post-interview?

Hi,

You can also ask to be removed from further consideration. It's easy enough. Send email to admissions contact.

For the sake of completeness and professional courtesy, yep, you should contact every school to which you applied but haven't yet heard back to let them know (as the post above mentions) that you wish your application to be removed from further consideration.

Yes. If you are definitely accepting School A's admission, let all of the schools that you applied to know that you do not want to be considered for admission anymore (unless they have already officially rejected you). Removing yourself from consideration will help out the schools and the people who do still want to go to those schools. If a school is considering you and you don't know it but you don't want to go there after all, then you are backing up the process for everybody. Schools want to hear acceptances from the people that they are offering admission to... think of how much they work to figure out who to pick. People on the waitlist don't want to be there. Don't leave your peers in limbo.

Last edited:
Hi,

You can also ask to be removed from further consideration. It's easy enough. Send email to admissions contact.

For the sake of completeness and professional courtesy, yep, you should contact every school to which you applied but haven't yet heard back to let them know (as the post above mentions) that you wish your application to be removed from further consideration.

Yes. If you are definitely accepting School A's admission, let all of the schools that you applied to know that you do not want to be considered for admission anymore (unless they have already officially rejected you). Removing yourself from consideration will help out the schools and the people who do still want to go to those schools. If a school is considering you and you don't know it but you don't want to go there after all, then you are backing up the process for everybody. Schools want to hear acceptances from the people that they are offering admission to... think of how much they work to figure out who to pick. People on the waitlist don't want to be there. Don't leave your peers in limbo.

That makes complete sense. Thanks to all for the advice!

Has anyone heard from USC or have any info about it? Thanks!