**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if FDU is done giving out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to everyone who has received acceptances up to this point! Hopefully there will be more of us soon :)

Received an email today from DCT at Louisiana Tech University informing me that I've been waitlisted...ugh!! Anyone else heard from this school? Still waiting to hear from New Mexico State University - email almost 2 weeks ago that they were still making decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when University of South Florida is giving out their decisions?

Anyone else hear from C.W. Post? I saw a couple people receive acceptances a couple weeks ago, wondering if any others had gone out?

I am also waiting for FDU. No news yet...

I called them and they said that they finished giving out acceptance notices. I may be on the waitlist or the reject list, but I don't know which one.

:(

Hi all,

The list has been updated. Congrats to all who have received offers so far!!!

Has anyone heard from USC or have any info about it? Thanks!

I got a snail mail rejection letter today. Seems I answered my own question.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back still!! :luck:

I am still waiting to hear back from Northwestern Feinberg. Has anyone been accepted yet?

Has anyone heard back from Southern Illinois University's Counseling PhD program post interview? It has been two weeks today.

I see someone was sent an acceptance email from Roosevelt University. Anyone know if they're still in the process or accepting students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard anything from Knoxville since the one offer on 2/28? I thought I would hear something by last week but I'm still in the dark and rather anxious.

I am still waiting to hear back from Northwestern Feinberg. Has anyone been accepted yet?

I don't know what track you applied to. I applied to the Psychopathology and Treatment track and I know they have sent out an acceptance and also have a "runner up" in place. I am neither of those people..:/

Could the person who received an acceptance to the UVA Curry School of Education program please PM me your POI? Thanks :)

Has anyone heard from Howard University post-interview? It's been over 3 weeks now. :confused:

Just received a rejection email from my POI at UNCG. So sad. :(

Just received a rejection email from my POI at UNCG. So sad. :(
Sorry to hear. :( At least you heard back from them! I haven't heard a peep since I submitted my application.

I emailed my POI at Kent State, she told me that they're in the midst of their admissions decisions and that I am a strong applicant and a good fit, but am on the waitlist currently. Said she'd let me know one way or the other as soon as possible. Blah.

I don't know what track you applied to. I applied to the Psychopathology and Treatment track and I know they have sent out an acceptance and also have a "runner up" in place. I am neither of those people..:/

Does anyone know about the Neuropsychology and Neuroscience track?

Sorry to hear. :( At least you heard back from them! I haven't heard a peep since I submitted my application.

I emailed my POI at Kent State, she told me that they're in the midst of their admissions decisions and that I am a strong applicant and a good fit, but am on the waitlist currently. Said she'd let me know one way or the other as soon as possible. Blah.

Sorry to hear you didn't get a response from UNCG! Being on the waitlist for Kent State is not necessarily a bad thing. The person who gets an offer could turn them down. There is still hope! :xf:

Has anyone heard anything from University of Wyoming yet? I interview there last Monday (the 28th), and was told I would hear something by Friday (the 4th), but haven't heard a thing yet. Someone posted on gradcafe that they were accepted... so I was wondering if that person was on here if they could PM me there POI? Thank you!

Just received an acceptance via email today for their PsyD program.

Just received an acceptance via email today for their PsyD program.

Ditto, but I'm turning it down in case anyone is waiting to hear from them :)

FYI - mine was a call from the person who interviewed me, said an email would follow.

Has anyone heard anything from University of Wyoming yet? I interview there last Monday (the 28th), and was told I would hear something by Friday (the 4th), but haven't heard a thing yet. Someone posted on gradcafe that they were accepted... so I was wondering if that person was on here if they could PM me there POI? Thank you!

Ok good I'm not the only one wondering. I'd like to hear from whoever posted on gradcafe too.

As of 3/7, I've been accepted into Rutgers PsyD and the PhD program at the University of Kansas :).

I have been accepted to Regent University and Wisconsin School of Professional Psychology! :)

Such a relief!

If you received an acceptance from Virginia Commonwealth, could you PM me your POI? Thanks!

If you received an acceptance from Virginia Commonwealth, could you PM me your POI? Thanks!

I would also appreciate it if someone could PM me the POI for Virginia Commonwealth. You would really help me out! Thanks.

Has anyone heard from La Verne Psy.D yet???

If the person who posted that they got an acceptance offer to Georgia State on gradcafe could please PM me I would be so, so appreciative! Did the offer come from your POI? And if you wouldn't mind sharing who your POI is I would reeaaally appreciate it!! I'm freakin out over here.... Thanks :)

Can the person posted SDSU/UCSD JDP offer on Gradcafe PM me their POI? Congrats!
They called so early?? unbelievable. It really got me worried quite a bit as I have been waiting for their results ALL week!

Could that person PM me as well, please?
Thank you!

It's been quite awhile... anyone heard anything?

If you're waiting to hear back from interviews... what's the etiquette to contact programs? Wait until the end of March?

If you're waiting to hear back from interviews... what's the etiquette to contact programs? Wait until the end of March?
I interviewed at one school the first week in February, and just emailed yesterday to ask what was up. I figured a month was fair.

I interviewed at one school the first week in February, and just emailed yesterday to ask what was up. I figured a month was fair.

A month seems fair. Also if you have an offer pending, you are fine to contact schools right away to ask where you stand and let them know you've started receiving offers.

If anyone on here was accepted to the UMKC counseling psychology program would you mind messaging me your POI?

Just got an offer from Hofstra. The money is awful. I have a hell of a decision to make.

Congrats on the offer! Did you end up liking the program?

Don't give up on LSU yet, there is still a chance!
Thanks. :) It was okay. They did have us write an essay, which was dumb. My POI was interesting, kind of abrupt, but apparently he liked me. If there was full funding, I would say that I'd probably accept. But because there's not, I'm super hesitant.

Yeah I'm holding out hope for LSU or Kent (found out I'm on that waitlist too). How did your last interview go?

It went well. I liked the POI and the program, but I'm a little hesitant about it because they only offer 80% tuition waiver. I find out my status tonight. I guess 80% is still a good amt, but its disappointing after interviewing at places that offer a full tuition waver.
Tonight, exciting! 80% is definitely better than nothing. But I totally understand and feel the same way - it feels like a let down to consider accepting an offer where you'll still have to pay, when many (if not most) offer full waiver and a stipend.

Thanks. :) It was okay. They did have us write an essay, which was dumb. My POI was interesting, kind of abrupt, but apparently he liked me. If there was full funding, I would say that I'd probably accept. But because there's not, I'm super hesitant.

Yeah I'm holding out hope for LSU or Kent (found out I'm on that waitlist too). How did your last interview go?

LOL! I had a school have me write an essay also. I thought my personal statement and writing sample would have been enough, silly me.

LOL! I had a school have me write an essay also. I thought my personal statement and writing sample would have been enough, silly me.
Yeah, so stupid. I had heard Hofstra had applicants write something but I was hoping it was just myth or an anomaly. But nope, we were handed a form as soon as we were checked in. The topic was so dumb too, I have to imagine they didn't even read them. "Choose a professor or class that influenced your decision to become a clinical psychologist. Do you think this professor or class will have long-lasting effects on your career? Why or why not?"

I mean seriously?

So here's a question - I have this offer, but would much rather come off the waitlist of either of the other two schools I interviewed at. Is it strange or unacceptable to email the POIs at those schools and tell them that?