2012-2013 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on last year's thread that they interview in march, but does anyone have a sense of when the last batch of II's go out?

Members don't see this ad.

Here's what happens when LLU students try to study... And yes, these really are my classmates :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEiWUK8Droc[/YOUTUBE]

If this is you guys sober, then I cannot imagine you guys drunk.

Lol at the guy giving himself a sponge bath. That isn't how people traditionally party, but I guess that works for him.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Accepted 2/14/2013!
Interviewed October 21, 2012​

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!

But wow! That took a LONG time!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Accepted 2/14/2013!
Interviewed October 21, 2012​

Congrats. I got the call from the 909 today too and I am really stoked. I really liked the school.

Interviewed 1/24/13

@infraction, 987439759: what time did LL call? morning?

Jcaptian, did you end up deciding which school you would attend?

Haven't made a final decision yet! I'm going to compare financial aid packages when they arrive in the coming months..as well as do some serious prayer :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If LLU is your top choice, i would call them up and let them know your situation. I've heard stories of people in similar situations, and LLU pulled through, so to speak.

Question for those that have been accepted. How long did it take to get your welcome packet after the phone call? I'm in need of getting some dates for the year so that my family can take time off. I'm referring to things like the 'white coat' ceremony, etc.

Question for those that have been accepted. How long did it take to get your welcome packet after the phone call? I'm in need of getting some dates for the year so that my family can take time off. I'm referring to things like the 'white coat' ceremony, etc.

I received my acceptance packet about a week after my acceptance. Unfortunately, the packet only really contains an acceptance letter, information on Loma Linda university faith policy, and some papers for those with disabilities. There is no schedule. I'm guessing they'll send us more information later.

If LLU is your top choice, i would call them up and let them know your situation. I've heard stories of people in similar situations, and LLU pulled through, so to speak.

I hope something works out as far as financial aid. I'm not sure on the status of grants and scholarships llusm offers. I love Lomda Linda :love:. However, finances are always a concern. In the end though I know God will place me where He wants me to be :)

I can't give you an official date, but a good ballpark guess based on the past is to expect the White Coat Ceremony on the 1st Thursday of August, with general orientation beginning that morning.

I can't give you an official date, but a good ballpark guess based on the past is to expect the White Coat Ceremony on the 1st Thursday of August, with general orientation beginning that morning.

White coat and orientation on the same day? Intense!

[YOUTUBE]l3i46KbqApQ[/YOUTUBE]

Class of 2015

It's more a smattering of 1st & 2nd years... we thought we'd make a bigger one before the trend lost its steam... which was probably a few days ago :rolleyes: haha

Has anyone who interviewed in early February heard back yet?

Word round the block is that you'll tend to hear something around the 3rd weekend of the month. So I'd say the earliest you'll hear back is around mid-March.

Has anyone who interviewed in early February heard back yet?

Acceptance calls have been going out on Thursday of the third week every month. For this month, it was last week. So I think the earliest you can expect to hear from them would be the 3rd week of March unless they do more than once a month around this time of year..

Acceptance calls have been going out on Thursday of the third week every month. For this month, it was last week. So I think the earliest you can expect to hear from them would be the 3rd week of March unless they do more than once a month around this time of year..

this

wonderdog: The Daniels apartments?

987439759: Did you already find a place? do you mind me asking how much?

wonderdog: The Daniels apartments?

987439759: Did you already find a place? do you mind me asking how much?

The thing about Loma Linda, the city, is that it's a small town. Despite this, there are many places to stay. Many people are renting out rooms in their houses, and there are many apartments/condos/townhomes/houses to rent.

Here's a tip stay away from any apartments/condos/houses north of the I-10 highway, no matter how good the deal is. Stay south of I-10, and away from San Bernardino.​

Have you tried Craigslist?

You also have the option of applying to stay in their dorm, which is very convenient.

I would recommend taking a look at the LLU trading post. It's basically classified ads specifically for Loma Linda. There are a lot of rooms for rent on it. I think it's on the school website or if not emailing someone in the admissions office and they could send you a copy.

So I just got an II, should I assume they are interviewing for the waitlist? I am trying to decide if I should go or not. What should I do?

So I just got an II, should I assume they are interviewing for the waitlist? I am trying to decide if I should go or not. What should I do?

You shouldn't assume that. I interviewed in late March and although I was waitlisted, another applicant I interviewed with on that day got in directly. Also, the waitlist moves a lot from what I can tell

Yes, I would do the interview. It really is a great school, and I'm not sure they are interviewing off the wait list. LLU gets a later start to the interview season.

Yes, I would do the interview. It really is a great school, and I'm not sure they are interviewing off the wait list. LLU gets a later start to the interview season.

This. If you look at previous threads people were accepted all the way until April (straight acceptance after interviewing). If you really like/love the school, go for it! :)

wonderdog. God must be telling me something because I was just offered a scholarship! Ahh! Wow I am shocked. :) so blessed!

My suggestion, start looking for a place to live...right now.

Thanks! I am in shock right now. I'm even questioning if the call ever happened lol...I must be dreaming :confused: :laugh:

You could always look at your phone. If you see a 909 number, then you're good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.