2012-2013 Resident Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo...we're 1/12 done, how's everyone doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Rotations for me don't start until September. August is all Rx processing (inpatient/outpatient) with a bunch of project days, as our staffing is discharge planning so we don't do much processing for that. Other than that, I occupy the rest of my time with projects (research/CE/newsletter). IRB approval paperwork for my project is a pain. Got my rotation schedule this week and pretty happy with most of it. Only one rotation out of 9 that I didn't particularly want to do (LTC), but I'm sure it'll still be a good experience. Also gonna start teaching pharmacy practice lab whenever the semester starts.

Rotations for me started monday, internal med, its a good start! Also weekend staffing started this weekend. Working on the IRB paperwork for my research project... teaching obligations starts next week. So my residency is pretty much in full swing now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a community residency, so the structure is a bit different. All of my rotations are longitudinal. I spend 2 days a week at a college of pharmacy, so I'm excited for students to start classes in a few weeks. The first month went really fast - starting research projects, providing a 1 hour CE, MTMs, seeing patients at a clinic, staffing, etc. The year is going to go super fast!

It's going well... had 2.5 weeks orientation/shadowing different clinical pharmacists (didn't have distribution training yet, because we're switching over to EPIC so it would be a waste to learn order entry on current system). Have 1 more week of my current rotation (Gen Med)... survived my first clinical weekend (as only clinical pharmacist!) scary haha but could always get second opinions from the staff pharmacists. I feel like I'm learning a lot, especially about TPN and vancomycin, but still stressed I'm not improving quickly enough or at the expected rate :/