2012-2013 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream come true! Matriculating here! It was awesome meeting some of you at second look, see you all in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am DYING over this decision. I thought another school had me reeled in and then I went to second look here and loved every second. But it's SO much more $$$$$ for me to go here, I really wish I could negotiate a little but from the sound of it they don't do that. Has anybody tried? :(

Sigh.... I'm so lucky to be in this position but at the same time it's TEARING ME APART!!

Wow that's a tough one!! Which other school are you considering?

I am DYING over this decision. I thought another school had me reeled in and then I went to second look here and loved every second. But it's SO much more $$$$$ for me to go here, I really wish I could negotiate a little but from the sound of it they don't do that. Has anybody tried? :(

Sigh.... I'm so lucky to be in this position but at the same time it's TEARING ME APART!!

You're a smart person. I know you will make the choice that is best for you.

Last edited:
Just withdrew off the waitlist for Regents at UC Davis. Good luck to everyone!

May 15th approaching, fingers crossed.

This is literally how I feel right now
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6d03gbmAzc[/YOUTUBE]

Just got accepted off the waitlist!!! This is the happiest day of my life!!

Also just accepted from the alternate list! Trying to decide amongst California schools. It looks like my decision is going to be tougher than I thought!

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't get anything. I sure hope there are multiple waves of WL movement.

Accepted off waitlist! I'm so happy! I'll definitely be going here.

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! Passing my spot along though. Good luck! :thumbup:

i mean its good but its not the best. im a ms here but thinking back to my decision i might have chosen differently. there are many great (and possibly better) schools out there! do what feels right for you. but congrats!

Congrats to everyone getting in off the waitlist!! It was one of the happiest days of my life when i got in here, and I can still say I feel so fortunate to be here and have loved my experience. I hope to see you in the fall! :)

i mean its good but its not the best. im a ms here but thinking back to my decision i might have chosen differently. there are many great (and possibly better) schools out there! do what feels right for you. but congrats!

^ That sounds very vague and suspicious

Last edited:
does UCSF offer any merit-based aid/scholarships?

Then where would u have gone?

Withdrew my acceptance. It was a tough call, but it feels good knowing the decision will allow another's dreams to come true. Good luck guys!

For those who've gotten of the waitlists, do they give you two weeks notice to reply back?Also, when did you guys interview?

I've just realized that summer is here and orientation for most schools is in less than 2 months...

So what's the chance of getting an acceptance for us waited folks at this point?

I'm not holding my breath. It seems like we've already missed the first big wave and acceptances have been trickling out as people turned them down.

Hi all - I know this is ancient history for you at this point, but I am applying in the 2014 cycle and wondering if one of you would mind posting the secondary prompt for the PRIME program. I searched many pages of the thread but couldn't find it - very sorry if someone did post it already. Thank you kindly for your time.

I'm this cylce too. :) I found this.

JMP

1) Please describe the basis for your interest in and your preparations for the MS with research thesis. Given
the opportunity to pursue such a degree, what topics, questions or areas of research might you be interested in
addressing? (limit 500 words)

(2) Please describe the basis for your interest and experience with small group, case-based problem oriented
learning. (limit 500 words)

Prime

1. Please describe your experiences with underserved communities, community-based work, leadership roles, and commitment to working with the urban underserved. (500 words)

2. How will you balance PRIME-US with your academic responsibilities and personal life? (250 words)

3. Please describe your experience working in small groups.

4. What will you bring to PRIME-US?

I'm this cylce too. :) I found this.

JMP

1)Please describe the basis for your interest in and your preparations for the MS with research thesis. Given
the opportunity to pursue such a degree, what topics, questions or areas of research might you be interested in
addressing? (limit 500 words)

(2) Please describe the basis for your interest and experience with small group, case-based problem oriented
learning. (limit 500 words)

Prime

1. Please describe your experiences with underserved communities, community-based work, leadership roles, and commitment to working with the urban underserved. (500 words)

2. How will you balance PRIME-US with your academic responsibilities and personal life? (250 words)

3. Please describe your experience working in small groups.

4. What will you bring to PRIME-US?

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.