2012-2013 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Peoria is a great city for medical education and is a medical hub for all of southern Illinois and the surrounding states. Their research is well funded and their Step scores are higher than the other campuses.

So it really comes to what your priorities are.
useful info to consider. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds to me like they are waiting to see if people decide to go other places! Really hoping for people to start making their decisions soon and withdraw their apps!!

Accepted to the UMed program on Friday - super excited! Will be matriculating here! :love:

I wonder how many people are decision pending still? I really want to know what my expectations should be.

Is it safe to say that "Decision Pending" means "wait-listed" (particularly if the committee has met after your interview date)? Has anyone actually received a wait-list status or been officially wait-listed? It seems as though no one has mentioned that they've been wait-listed...

It's not officially a waitlist - an official waitlist is formed at the end of May. This year seems to be a little different though, in the past few years people on here have been admitted in April (including some who had multiple months of decision pending).

Considering that no one on here was admitted in April (although some not on here may have been) it looks like they are waiting until things shake down when those with multiple acceptances have to declare. There may be more movement in May than past years or it may just be the waitlist express.

for those of you who have withdrawn--did you get a confirmation from the admissions office?

It's not officially a waitlist - an official waitlist is formed at the end of May. This year seems to be a little different though, in the past few years people on here have been admitted in April (including some who had multiple months of decision pending).

Considering that no one on here was admitted in April (although some not on here may have been) it looks like they are waiting until things shake down when those with multiple acceptances have to declare. There may be more movement in May than past years or it may just be the waitlist express.

Gotcha! Thanks for the explanation :)

Would like to ask everyone who knows for sure they are not going here to withdraw their application to give others a chance at there dream! :) much appreciated!

Anyone know when they will send out orientation info? Also, do they formulate any sort of list of people searching for roommates?

Also...one of the people I talked to who went to UIC and is now an attending said that UIC doesn't really look out for its students. That's kind of been the vibe I've been getting, what with the hidden summer tuition, the lack of response to a few emails I've sent to the admissions office, and the sudden changing of the immunization form that needs to be sent in without notifying accepted students (resulting in my having to go back to the doctor to have him fill out the form all over again, even though I've already been in 4 times to get my blood/TB tests and to have the nurses sign off on everything.)

Can any current students comment on this? UIC has just been unhelpful from the very start (took me about a week to schedule my interview because the admissions office was never there when I called), and that is in stark contrast to many of the other schools I've spoken/interviewed with. I've decided to go to this school, I just hope the next four years won't be like this.

Anyone know when they will send out orientation info? Also, do they formulate any sort of list of people searching for roommates?

Also...one of the people I talked to who went to UIC and is now an attending said that UIC doesn't really look out for its students. That's kind of been the vibe I've been getting, what with the hidden summer tuition, the lack of response to a few emails I've sent to the admissions office, and the sudden changing of the immunization form that needs to be sent in without notifying accepted students (resulting in my having to go back to the doctor to have him fill out the form all over again, even though I've already been in 4 times to get my blood/TB tests and to have the nurses sign off on everything.)

Can any current students comment on this? UIC has just been unhelpful from the very start (took me about a week to schedule my interview because the admissions office was never there when I called), and that is in stark contrast to many of the other schools I've spoken/interviewed with. I've decided to go to this school, I just hope the next four years won't be like this.

I feel similarly lost with everything going on. I wish there was more information on stuff like this. When do people start looking for housing and orientation info?

I just feel like there is something I should be doing.... but I don't what that is...

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel similarly lost with everything going on. I wish there was more information on stuff like this. When do people start looking for housing and orientation info?

I just feel like there is something I should be doing.... but I don't what that is...

There are some people searching for roommates on the FB group. Don't have the link but hopefully you can find it through search.

To be fair, I have gotten this vibe at points too, but the 'hidden summer tuition' is not just a UIC thing. I don't know if most schools do it, but UIC definitely isn't alone on that.

Also, change to immunization form? Eek, was not aware, hope I'm using the right one... is the one linked on the sidebar of the COM page?

I'm also wondering when they'll send out orientation info.

To be fair, I have gotten this vibe at points too, but the 'hidden summer tuition' is not just a UIC thing. I don't know if most schools do it, but UIC definitely isn't alone on that.

Also, change to immunization form? Eek, was not aware, hope I'm using the right one... is the one linked on the sidebar of the COM page?

I'm also wondering when they'll send out orientation info.

Yep, the one that they currently have on the COM website is correct. I printed it out way back in December (when they had a previous version up) and started filling it out; after I sent it in I got a call from them saying they had changed the form and I would need to do it all over again.

Yep, the one that they currently have on the COM website is correct. I printed it out way back in December (when they had a previous version up) and started filling it out; after I sent it in I got a call from them saying they had changed the form and I would need to do it all over again.

Yuck. I've had enough trouble just trying to get it filled out once. But hey, at least you already have the immunizations/titers done? :p

Very reluctantly withdrawing my acceptance (Chicago track). Good luck everyone.

I just got the dreaded "no final decision" email for a second time. (First one was for the month of February).

I'm going to have a heart attack. Or kill something. Or cry myself to sleep at my desk.

I. HATE. WAITING!!!!!

That is all

I just got the dreaded "no final decision" email for a second time. (First one was for the month of February).

I'm going to have a heart attack. Or kill something. Or cry myself to sleep at my desk.

I. HATE. WAITING!!!!!

That is all

I just got that too. Don't kill someone though. It will hurt your chances.

I. HATE. WAITING!!!!!

That is all

You're not alone! I got it too. On a good note, it's not a rejection! Woo hoo! *wipes forehead*

Don't kill someone though. It will hurt your chances.

True. They do the background checks at IL. :p

But srsly, the stress is killing me. I cannot imagine how the people who have been waiting since October feel.

In other news, is anyone else pretty sure this is a "waitlist, but not yet" email, or do we have any hope? I did not see anything in previous year's forums about this email again in early May

"You're not alone! I got it too. On a good note, it's not a rejection! Woo hoo! *wipes forehead*"

+1

Last edited:
i got it too :(

i wouldn't be surprised though if they're just accepting very conservatively until May 15th to see how many people actually withdraw so they can have a better sense of their numbers. did a lot of people not get the email and get an actual status change?

i got it too :(

i wouldn't be surprised though if they're just accepting very conservatively until May 15th to see how many people actually withdraw so they can have a better sense of their numbers. did a lot of people not get the email and get an actual status change?
i think your theory is right. on my interview day, dr. girotti said that they over enrolled last year's class and that the waitlist was not an exact science. based on that, they probably are trying to avoid this same issue by being conservative with acceptances in april

I just got that email as well. I interviewed December 10th. This has been a very long wait, ha.

Withdrawing post-interview. Good luck all!

withdrawing my acceptance as well. Good luck!

i interviewed in early january, and still have the decision pending status. however, i have never received any "no final decision" emails. anyone else in the same boat/have any idea what that means? so anxious :scared:

i interviewed in early january, and still have the decision pending status. however, i have never received any "no final decision" emails. anyone else in the same boat/have any idea what that means? so anxious :scared:

I would probably call and confirm that they have your correct contact information, etc.

Looks like I'll be matriculating here! See you all next year in Chicago!

So I just got the email about the May 15 deadline....just to be sure, we only have to notify the schools we are withdrawing from, we don't have to tell the school we are going to that we will be attending, right? And we don't have to notify schools whose waitlists we are on of anything?

So I just got the email about the May 15 deadline....just to be sure, we only have to notify the schools we are withdrawing from, we don't have to tell the school we are going to that we will be attending, right? And we don't have to notify schools whose waitlists we are on of anything?
I actually came here with the exact same question! The e-mail didn't sound completely clear to me.

Basically you can only hold one acceptance.

Yes, that part was clear, we were just unsure if we have to explicitly notify U of I of our intention to enroll or if simply withdrawing our other acceptances is enough to do so.

Yes, that part was clear, we were just unsure if we have to explicitly notify U of I of our intention to enroll or if simply withdrawing our other acceptances is enough to do so.

I think when you got accepted there was a page you had to send in with a deposit to hold your spot or something? I think that's all.

just withdrew. good luck to those of you without a decision yet--hopefully this opens a spot for one of you!

Also withdrawing post-interview. Best of luck, everyone!

did you two get confirmation that the office received your withdrawal? i withdrew a few weeks ago but haven't gotten a confirmation

+1. No confirmation after withdrawing. Did you get your deposit back? I wonder if I should call.

I did get a status change to withdrawn after I called the office to confirm I was withdrawing. You might want to call and check.

I did get a status change to withdrawn after I called the office to confirm I was withdrawing. You might want to call and check.

ahhh. just checked my status. It says applicant has withdrawn from consideration. So I guess I'm good. Thanks!

Goodluck to y'all still waiting! UIC is great but it's too expensive for me :(

I got the "No final decision" email last week as well.

Atleast I know I'm in good company with you guys who are waiting.

Fingers Crossed!

A question for current students:

What is the time frame between the end of m2 exams and the beginning of m3?

Nope. Shortly after my interview in late March they stopped taking updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Note with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.