2012 results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who took nbde un January get their results yet ?,

Members don't see this ad.

In the test, there's nothing like matching questions(atleast in the test i took) and as i have, said it is straight forward a,b,c,d,or e answer type you choose the best option.

I bought the 2011/2012 dental decks and i have the 2006/2007(soft copy on my laptop) dental decks and regretted wasting my money because they were basically the same thing (personally). so the choice is yours if you want to buy the newer dental decks (i can sell mine to u at a very cheap price) :) .

I can give to you for free all the ASDA papers(soft copy) that i have, they were really helpful because i saw a lot of these questions, repeated in the actual test

Good luck!!!!

Hi ionomer,

Can u please send me the soft copy of ASDA papers?? if u r willing to help me with this, please send to [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
In the test, there's nothing like matching questions(atleast in the test i took) and as i have, said it is straight forward a,b,c,d,or e answer type you choose the best option.

I bought the 2011/2012 dental decks and i have the 2006/2007(soft copy on my laptop) dental decks and regretted wasting my money because they were basically the same thing (personally). so the choice is yours if you want to buy the newer dental decks (i can sell mine to u at a very cheap price) :) .

I can give to you for free all the ASDA papers(soft copy) that i have, they were really helpful because i saw a lot of these questions, repeated in the actual test

Good luck!!!!

Hi ,congrats for passing the exam....all the best for part 2...
can u please mail me the ASDA papers....my mail id is [email protected]

you solved all the ASDA papers or just the recent ones ,coz i have them starting from 80s,but someone suggested just to do the 90 ones,what do you recommend

Hello guys...
I know... u all r getting good results.... for 2012...
I am new to this.... so, can you please reply me for foll que....

1. Is there any difference in exam of 2011 and 2012 NBDE 1 ...? in term of question or way of asking it..... or any thing......

PLZ... Reply me as soon as possible .... as I am scared now, becoz my exam is within one month... and I prepared everything from old materials.....

PLZ... help me... so, I may postpone as timely manner without any trouble.... , if require...

I really appreciate any reply .... from u ... guys....
My personal E-MAIL -- [email protected]
Thank u so much...

Last edited:
Hello Isonomer,

Do You still have the dental decks 2011/12 for sale? If so I'd like to buy them. How much? Please reply on email address : [email protected] Also, is it possible for you to email ASDA papers?

Thanks

Good luck!!!!

hi. Can you please send me ASDA papers to my email id [email protected]? Pleaseeeeee i am so tensed :(

Good luck!!!!
hi congrate for ur result i want that paper my email adress is [email protected] thanks

Good luck!!!!
hey congrats...
can u mail ur ASDA release papers (soft copy)..?? my mail id is [email protected] help will b really appreciated..

Members don't see this ad :)
Its basically The same. single right answer, 400 questions in 2parts. The only difference so far is the scoring pattern.
I took my test on the 4th of January and got my result yesterday. No numeric score it just says Status-Pass.
I only studied with Dental decks and Wkipedia only and revised as many relaese ASDA test questions as i can find.

Goodluck!!!
@ ionomer : congraaaats , thats exactly the way im studying your the first post i read here that aint struggling through dozens of other books and resources ,u really lifted my spirit cuz i was starting to think theres something wrong with the way i study from dental decks and wikipedia for details lol ,i hope u give us your impression about the test was it so hard as theyr claiming do feel like dental deck werent sufficient ? were the questions extremely concentrating on tiny details ? and if you could please send me the ASDA soft copy this is my email [email protected] thanks alot for your help .

hello everyone i took my exam at march 12 ....i still didnt get any results it has been almost 7 weeks now i dunno whts the problem do u think that its normal ??

I took my part 2 the same day and got results in the mail within 2 weeks. Maybe your mail got lost. You should call them.

I just received my result for part one right nowwww and I
:soexcited: :banana: PASSSSSSSSSSS :soexcited: :banana:

If anyone wants to buy decks 12-13 I have it clean no marks at all. specially biochemistry :rofl: :rofl:

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO :highfive:

Hi Saial7ayar! Congratulations on your exam!

I'm taking mine in a week end intensely nervous and scared. I have no idea what to expect since they have that new testing format with pass fail. I haves few questions for you that I hope that you don't mind answering.

1) what was the one thing that you were not expecting that was presented on the exam?

2) did you have any New format questions such as marching or multiple correct answers? or was it the same format as the released questions and old exams?

3) how helpful were old exams in preparing? Were there lots of repeats? I know you said that I should know it backwards and forwards but more specifically did you have to know lots of pathologies and biochemical pathways?

4) were there any diagrams of teeth or identification of that sort? If yes, were they clear to really see the fine details? Last I heard since the exam was changed to computer based they don't have images anymore.

5) how were the testlets (clinical based questions). Was it all outside knowledge or straightforward where you could just use the passage to get your answer?

6) what subject or material would you recommend looking at more while or after you took the test?
was there enough time to go through the test and check your answers afterwards?

7) how did you feel after you took the test walking out? Were you sure that you passed or have mixed feelings about anything?

Thanks so much in advance for replying to this message. I really am so happy and jealous of your awesome dedication and you should be proud on how much you have accomplished! This reply I know would help not only me but so many other students as well.

Thank you!

Hi Saial7ayar! Congratulations on your exam!

I'm taking mine in a week end intensely nervous and scared. I have no idea what to expect since they have that new testing format with pass fail. I haves few questions for you that I hope that you don't mind answering.

1) what was the one thing that you were not expecting that was presented on the exam?

2) did you have any New format questions such as marching or multiple correct answers? or was it the same format as the released questions and old exams?

3) how helpful were old exams in preparing? Were there lots of repeats? I know you said that I should know it backwards and forwards but more specifically did you have to know lots of pathologies and biochemical pathways?

4) were there any diagrams of teeth or identification of that sort? If yes, were they clear to really see the fine details? Last I heard since the exam was changed to computer based they don't have images anymore.

5) how were the testlets (clinical based questions). Was it all outside knowledge or straightforward where you could just use the passage to get your answer?

6) what subject or material would you recommend looking at more while or after you took the test?
was there enough time to go through the test and check your answers afterwards?

7) how did you feel after you took the test walking out? Were you sure that you passed or have mixed feelings about anything?

Thanks so much in advance for replying to this message. I really am so happy and jealous of your awesome dedication and you should be proud on how much you have accomplished! This reply I know would help not only me but so many other students as well.

Thank you!

Let me start out with Don't be scared of nothing... The exam is easier than what anybody thinks, don't listen to anyone says "it's difficult" "too much details" "decks is not enough" that's all bull****
50% of the exam is straight forward of all the subjects. 15% is hard you will not get unless you reviewed that specific info one week ago... 10% are super hard you won't get except u lucky... 30% is super easy you will answer the question before you start reading the answers.
I am going to tell you who I am and how I studied I am a foreign trained dentist graduated in 2004 I been away from dentistry for 4 years so far, when I start studying I couldn't remember the cranial nerves!! :)... I finished decks twice within one month 50 cards Dailey I don't care about how many hours as you can study 2 hours better than 8 hours it varies.
I didn't touch any of the stupid biochemistry cycles at all I got exactly 17 Qs which is what NBDE announced I have no idea if I answered these 17 correct or wrong but who cares!!!!. I focused on the released Qs I solved them again and again I would say at least 1500 Qs... Your gold is dental anatomy, histo, embryo (just the pharyngeal arches), oral histo... These are 150 Qs announced by them and actuall on the exam. For the pathology I simply wrote 120 different diseases and what is the main thing about each one and I know that out of 50 questions in pathology I got 40 Qs right... For the physiology I enjoyed reading it as its the only thing make sense.
So you Wana be smart don't spend 2weeks memorizing chemical names in biochmistry cycles while they going to ask only 17 questions, and you might or might not remember!!!!! while you can spend a whole day studying general histology for 23 Q.. Dental anatomy is your exam relief every time u get asked about dental anatomy you will feel like a dentist again not a memory machine... First aide for only dental anatomy is Awesome make sure to memorize it word by word as they DO use a lot of its wording in dental anatomy... Solve and solve and solve as much as you can of the released questions, I did from the 90-2009...
Don't bother with anything related to Kaplan... It's just gonna make you hate ur self... And yes even the stupid Q bank.
Focuse focuse and focus in the exam... forget about the new formate or any kind of any picture( except the occlusion diagrams they ask about them).
You are stronger than any exam :)
Best best luck

Last edited:
Let me start out with Don't be scared of nothing... The exam is easier than what anybody thinks, don't listen to anyone says "it's difficult" "too much details" "decks is not enough" that's all bull****
50% of the exam is straight forward of all the subjects. 15% is hard you will not get unless you reviewed that specific info one week ago... 10% are super hard you won't get except u lucky... 30% is super easy you will answer the question before you start reading the answers.
I am going to tell you who I am and how I studied I am a foreign trained dentist graduated in 2004 I been away from dentistry for 4 years so far, when I start studying I couldn't remember the cranial nerves!! :)... I finished decks twice within one month 50 cards Dailey I don't care about how many hours as you can study 2 hours better than 8 hours it varies.
I didn't touch any of the stupid biochemistry cycles at all I got exactly 17 Qs which is what NBDE announced I have no idea if I answered these 17 correct or wrong but who cares!!!!. I focused on the released Qs I solved them again and again I would say at least 1500 Qs... Your gold is dental anatomy, histo, embryo (just the pharyngeal arches), oral histo... These are 150 Qs announced by them and actuall on the exam. For the pathology I simply wrote 120 different diseases and what is the main thing about each one and I know that out of 50 questions in pathology I got 40 Qs right... For the physiology I enjoyed reading it as its the only thing make sense.
So you Wana be smart don't spend 2weeks memorizing chemical names in biochmistry cycles while they going to ask only 17 questions, and you might or might not remember!!!!! while you can spend a whole day studying general histology for 23 Q.. Dental anatomy is your exam relief every time u get asked about dental anatomy you will feel like a dentist again not a memory machine... First aide for only dental anatomy is Awesome make sure to memorize it word by word as they DO use a lot of its wording in dental anatomy... Solve and solve and solve as much as you can of the released questions, I did from the 90-2009...
Don't bother with anything related to Kaplan... It's just gonna make you hate ur self... And yes even the stupid Q bank.
Focuse focuse and focus in the exam... forget about the new formate or any kind of any picture( except the occlusion diagrams they ask about them).
You are stronger than any exam :)
Best best luck

Hearty congratulations n wish u a great future ahead. Thanks for those tips.

Samial7ayer

Hi thanks again for your awesome reply! I was wondering if you remember any of your testlet topics. Also did you have any diagrams or new question formats? How many Q were repeats from all the ones you practiced? How did you feel walking out of the exam.

If you have that list of 120 pathologies that you can send me that wild be great. My email is [email protected]. Also any other exam review materials or high yield study guides would be appreciated or old exams.

Also how did you know the breakdown and exactly how much you had to get right? How was microbiology because I'm pretty weak in that subject along with biochem.

Thank you again in advance! You took away some of my nervousness!

hiii Samial7ayer ...congratulations for ur result ... and .thanx for such a valuable post ......i have my xam within a month so plz can u send me the list of ur pathologies ....will b of grt help....my id is [email protected] ....

Samial7ayer

Hi thanks again for your awesome reply! I was wondering if you remember any of your testlet topics. Also did you have any diagrams or new question formats? How many Q were repeats from all the ones you practiced? How did you feel walking out of the exam.

If you have that list of 120 pathologies that you can send me that wild be great. My email is [email protected]. Also any other exam review materials or high yield study guides would be appreciated or old exams.

Also how did you know the breakdown and exactly how much you had to get right? How was microbiology because I'm pretty weak in that subject along with biochem.

Thank you again in advance! You took away some of my nervousness!

Listen DONT ask anyone for any kind of released questions NOT because it's illegal as I think there's NO way for them to figure out our real Ids. BUT only because it's a stupid idea it will only confuse you... believe me the time you are spending on reading some terrible phrased memorized questions could be used to review released questions which at least one out of four questions you are reading in any subject will be repeated exactly the same (those are very few) or same concept(those are the main) or same question with different wording, so again just be smart of where you are spending your time at.

I left the exam saying I PASSED... I mean some people can tell others cannot!...I am one of the people who can remember every single detail on the exam and give you different percentages on how many right and how many wrong I got and mostly it's correct. And that's how I gave you a percentage break down of the question's difficulty on the previous post.

I used to be great in math and I compared two different reports from2011 one did pass while the other failed. With adding and subtracting numbers with the curves they add up I can tell you if you get 220-230 Qs correct you will pass. That means you can lose 170 Qs and still pass. Dental anatomy, histo, oral histo, and embryo are at least 150 max 165 Qs... Numbers talking if you spend your precious time on the right subjects you will pass the exam piece of cake just as I did.

Be smart and best best luck to all of you.

Good luck!!!!

please can you mail ASDA papers to me.e-mail address is [email protected].
i m also interested in 2011-2012 dental decks.
thanks.

Good luck!!!!

I am a dental student from Taiwan.
I am appreciate if you can send them to me. Thank you sincerely.
[email protected]

hey... i appeared on 24th and received my result.... PASS today.... within 12 days.....:)
still in a state of shock...... euphoria..... whatever.......
good luck to all those who are in this same boat.....
all will go well..... just be sincere.....

I paaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeed i passed i passed thank god ! I cant beleive it i was sure that i was gonna fail omg ! Thank you all for ur support if anyone needs anything ill be happy to help good luck everyone if u want something u can do it :D:highfive::highfive::smuggrin::clap::banana::xf:

I paaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeed i passed i passed thank god ! I cant beleive it i was sure that i was gonna fail omg ! Thank you all for ur support if anyone needs anything ill be happy to help good luck everyone if u want something u can do it :D:highfive::highfive::smuggrin::clap::banana::xf:

hi vampireTooth
congratulations :)
my exam is within 1 month and I am getting really scared to see all the posts that the exam is really hard ..
what all material you have used and what do you think is most helpful resource ?
are decks and asda released exams sufficient to pass .......will appreciate any feedback from you
good luck for future...

Hello tootth12
Personaly i studied from decks and asda only with 4 of my friends we all passed , so plz dont waste ur time in studying from other sources wikipedia is more than enough u get all the explanations that u need but i recomend tht u study biochemistry from other souces for me i used youtube videos and dent essentials i bough first aid and kaplan review didnt use them at all.
Dont feel scared i was super scared i felt tht i didnt study enough i only did about 2000 asda questions and i got lot of them similar in the exam i used to feel bad and keep thinking its ok ... Its just a matter of time and ill be free again i studied for about 4 months ... But i only focused in the last 2 months i started studying for about 10 hours a day and i was soooo disapointed after the exam i was soo sure tht i was gonna fail same for my friends but today when i opened the mail ohhh goood i passed i did it ! So be confident study hard and dont worry if ppl did it then u CAN Do ! Wish u the best

Hello tootth12
Personaly i studied from decks and asda only with 4 of my friends we all passed , so plz dont waste ur time in studying from other sources wikipedia is more than enough u get all the explanations that u need but i recomend tht u study biochemistry from other souces for me i used youtube videos and dent essentials i bough first aid and kaplan review didnt use them at all.
Dont feel scared i was super scared i felt tht i didnt study enough i only did about 2000 asda questions and i got lot of them similar in the exam i used to feel bad and keep thinking its ok ... Its just a matter of time and ill be free again i studied for about 4 months ... But i only focused in the last 2 months i started studying for about 10 hours a day and i was soooo disapointed after the exam i was soo sure tht i was gonna fail same for my friends but today when i opened the mail ohhh goood i passed i did it ! So be confident study hard and dont worry if ppl did it then u CAN Do ! Wish u the best
Hi vampire Tooth
:thumbup:Thanks for your valuable suggestions , you make me feel better......Do you think I should solve all the realeased exams all I have is till I -M series ........were there a lot of repeats ?

Hey ..congrt .....what do u think about ques ..how much shd we get correct nearly to pass? ...
How was ur xam ..tough or easy ...Asda papers 90-2005 are they sufficient ?....

Hey congrats ....how much u think we must get correct ques to pass ..how we ur ques ..tough or easy to answer ? ..90-2005asda. R they sufficient to do for xam ...

Hello again tootth12 and simsim kaur:
U should study as many released questions as u can for two reasons :
1- get used to the exam pattern ( except theres no drawing no pics in the exam)
2- u get similar questions in the exam but sometimes asked in a diff way .. U may find about 20 questions exactly the same !
And remember dont try to memorise to questions but try to understand the answers !

The 1999-2005 are great try to finish as much as u can . But dont waste so much time in it bcz after all u just wanna get used the exam patterrn only.
I dunno how many questions u need to get correct to pass but i can tell u about myself .... As i said before i was really disapointed from the exam bcz i found many questions from ASDA i could remember the question but not the answer loool bcz i didnt pay much attention to asda
But i realised that the exam isnt about memorising or studying like a fool , if u just understand everyword in decks and study it veryyyyyyy well i repeat if u UNDERSTAND the concepts amd how everything works at least the basic things then its enough to pass

To tell you the truth ive learned alot from this experience , i feel that ive learned a lot of things and infos that will help me in the future , i was weak , i had sooo few infos , yes thts the truth ! I dunno how i could call myself a dentist without knowing such important informations ! I took that exam and was only sure about 70 questions i thought tht the testlets were terrrible not bcz its hard beleive me the questions were soooooo direct even the answers where clear and diff from one another but u need to understand reaaaaaaal well ....u may think 70 only .. ?? Wht a shame !! Well i would tell u tht the other questions i was hesitating between two answers and only about 20 questions were like super hard or weird and i think some of them are not scored according their website ....
N.B: i was never a nerd at school and ive studied in french so i had to prepare for this exam in english !

Beleive me dont waste ur time reading things on forums ! Study well eat well beleive me its very imp drink juices put a schedule sleep well and stay motived and REMEMBER IF PPL DId it THEN YOU CAN DO THE SAME AND BETTER !! Dont worry got bless u all

Last edited:
Hello again tootth12 and simsim kaur:
U should study as many released questions as u can for two reasons :
1- get used to the exam pattern ( except theres no drawing no pics in the exam)
2- u get similar questions in the exam but sometimes asked in a diff way .. U may find about 20 questions exactly the same !
And remember dont try to memorise to questions but try to understand the answers !

The 1999-2005 are great try to finish as much as u can . But dont waste so much time in it bcz after all u just wanna get used the exam patterrn only.
I dunno how many questions u need to get correct to pass but i can tell u about myself .... As i said before i was really disapointed from the exam bcz i found many questions from ASDA i could remember the question but not the answer loool bcz i didnt pay much attention to asda
But i realised that the exam isnt about memorising or studying like a fool , if u just understand everyword in decks and study it veryyyyyyy well i repeat if u UNDERSTAND the concepts amd how everything works at least the basic things then its enough to pass

To tell you the truth ive learned alot from this experience , i feel that ive learned a lot of things and infos that will help me in the future , i was weak , i had sooo few infos , yes thts the truth ! I dunno how i could call myself a dentist without knowing such important informations ! I took that exam and was only sure about 70 questions i thought tht the testlets were terrrible not bcz its hard beleive me the questions were soooooo direct even the answers where clear and diff from one another but u need to understand reaaaaaaal well ....u may think 70 only .. ?? Wht a shame !! Well i would tell u tht the other questions i was hesitating between two answers and only about 20 questions were like super hard or weird and i think some of them are not scored according their website ....
N.B: i was never a nerd at school and ive studied in french so i had to prepare for this exam in english !

Beleive me dont waste ur time reading things on forums ! Study well eat well beleive me its very imp drink juices put a schedule sleep well and stay motived and REMEMBER IF PPL DId it THEN YOU CAN DO THE SAME AND BETTER !! Dont worry got bless u all

Hi Vampire Tooth
Thanks a ton for your encouragement.....your suggestions are really helpful....
Wish you all the best for future

hey
thanks to all members. i am done with part 1 passed. i would definitely recommend dental decks and asda the latest decks helped me a lot. I am selling my decks if any one interested please send a private message with offer and yes they are 2012 2013 latest decks brand new.
any one needs any help just pm me

all the best to exam takers believe in yourself you are all most there

Hey Indi..I send u several MSG ..can u plz rply me..thnks
hey
thanks to all members. i am done with part 1 passed. i would definitely recommend dental decks and asda the latest decks helped me a lot. I am selling my decks if any one interested please send a private message with offer and yes they are 2012 2013 latest decks brand new.
any one needs any help just pm me

all the best to exam takers believe in yourself you are all most there

hey sim
just keep revising your notes at the last minute. revision is the KEY

all the BEST
believe in yourself

Congrats on passing! Can you please send me the ASDA papers too? Thanks so much! Please send to:toddjohnsonco @ g m a i l

I just received my result for part one right nowwww and I
:soexcited: :banana: PASSSSSSSSSSS :soexcited: :banana:

If anyone wants to buy decks 12-13 I have it clean no marks at all. specially biochemistry :rofl: :rofl:

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO :highfive:

CONGRATULATIONS

so how was the pattern of the question paper

and let me know if you have any news about part 2 question pattern:thumbup:

Good luck!!!!
Hello,
I'm taking the test of 18th of June and would really appreciate if you could email me the soft copy of the ASDA papers.
Thank you.

hey ...Indi ,vampire tooth..thnks a lot for encourageing. Me and every 1 out here..I took my xam on1june ..it went gud.....thnks again ...any body out here wants any help ,,just MSG me .....god bless u guys ....

hey ...Indi ,vampire tooth..thnks a lot for encourageing. Me and every 1 out here..I took my xam on1june ..it went gud.....thnks again ...any body out here wants any help ,,just MSG me .....god bless u guys ....
i am very nervous.my exam is next week. feel like i dont know anything.just blank.

Don't worry ..xam s not that tough ..just revise again and again ...don't get nervous ...if u need any help MSG me...

Don't worry ..xam s not that tough ..just revise again and again ...don't get nervous ...if u need any help MSG me...

Hey simsim kaur
glad to hear that ur exam went well ..i have mine in 1 week ...getting really nervous
which material was most helpful to u and what all material you have used to study ....how helpful were asda papers ? are decks reliable enough ?how was clinical vignettes section/ pls reply
goodluck for your result:)

Hey tooth12,,,,
I thnks decks are sufficient ...rather than gng n detail f things like nerve courses etc ......Asda papers. R imp .do it ....
I did decks anatomy ...bio lipin cot ....rest from kaplans note s .....I had kaplans dent essential too so I did pano frm it final 1 ...bcz they has charts n it f disease ....rest few stuf f from buk too ..which I found easy over here .. So decks r gud ..just do them properly ..clinical cases were easy ...
Don't worry ..just revise again and again ...u wii do gud for sure ...all the best
MSG me if u have any problem ...