2013-2014 Hampton University M.S. in Medical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexi8711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or already been accepted to Hampton University Master of Science in Medical Science program this year? :hello:

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted into this program. Do you know of anyone who has successfully matriculated through the program or what makes this program superior to others?.

Last edited:
I was accepted into this program. Do you know of anyone who has successfully matriculated through the program or what makes this program superior to others?.

I was also just recently accepted into this program. I do not know anyone who has successfully matriculated through the program, but it does offer a masters degree upon completion which is different from other programs who may just offer a certificate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also just recently accepted into this program. I do not know anyone who has successfully matriculated through the program, but it does offer a masters degree upon completion which is different from other programs who may just offer a certificate.
Hi!
I have applied to this program and am still waiting on a decision. I have met students who have successfully matriculated through this program. Two are currently M2 students and one is preparing to graduate from Howard School of Medicine and enter into a Pediatric Residency. Meeting them has really inspired me and given me some confidence about the program. I am confident that if accepted this program will be very helpful for preparing for medical school.

Hi!
I have applied to this program and am still waiting on a decision. I have met students who have successfully matriculated through this program. Two are currently M2 students and one is preparing to graduate from Howard School of Medicine and enter into a Pediatric Residency. Meeting them has really inspired me and given me some confidence about the program. I am confident that if accepted this program will be very helpful for preparing for medical school.

Thanks for sharing this! Its great to hear the program helped its students! :)

Congratulations Everyone on Your Acceptance!

I am currently in the program now, so I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the program

Congratulations Everyone on Your Acceptance!

I am currently in the program now, so I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the program
Hello, I am awaiting my acceptance/denial notification from this school. I have already been accepted into Barry University Masters in Biomedical Science program in Miami. I am trying to decide between the two programs. Eventually I would like to get into dental school (Meharry 1st Choice). My DAT scores were low. If you had to choose between the two programs which would you choose and why? I just need some help! I know the cost of attendance and living is much cheaper here but I dont want to deprive myself. SO an honest opinion is needed. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I plan on applying to the program as soon as I get my MCAT scores back (which allegedly is today). Does anyone know how competitive it is (like average MCAT scores, GPA's etc of accepted students?)

I've just been accepted to the Masters of Medical Science program at Hampton University. Anyone else been accepted and planning to attend? We should create a facebook page or something.

I've just been accepted to the Masters of Medical Science program at Hampton University. Anyone else been accepted and planning to attend? We should create a facebook page or something.

I am accepted and planning to attend!

I have been accepted and planning on starting this fall! I'm choosing this school over Barry University..

Hello, I am awaiting my acceptance/denial notification from this school. I have already been accepted into Barry University Masters in Biomedical Science program in Miami. I am trying to decide between the two programs. Eventually I would like to get into dental school (Meharry 1st Choice). My DAT scores were low. If you had to choose between the two programs which would you choose and why? I just need some help! I know the cost of attendance and living is much cheaper here but I dont want to deprive myself. SO an honest opinion is needed. Thanks!

I am not sure how Barry's program is set up so I can't really make a comment about it but the first year at Hamptons program is mainly to help you prepare for the MCAT/DAT. You take two semesters of Biology, 1 semester of Organic chemistry, 1 semester of General Chemistry, and 1 semester of physics. The first semester you'll also be taking an online Kaplan course. The class that just graduated have all scored 20+ on the DAT and most have been accepted into dental school (if not all). As far as the cost of living, it is a little higher in my opinion. A decent one bedroom will run you around 700 or more a month. You could probably get something cheaper but don't expect quality. The last time I checked Meharry's average DAT score was a 16. The good thing about them is that they look at your application as a whole instead of making their decision on your DAT score alone.

I am not sure how Barry's program is set up so I can't really make a comment about it but the first year at Hamptons program is mainly to help you prepare for the MCAT/DAT. You take two semesters of Biology, 1 semester of Organic chemistry, 1 semester of General Chemistry, and 1 semester of physics. The first semester you'll also be taking an online Kaplan course. The class that just graduated have all scored 20+ on the DAT and most have been accepted into dental school (if not all). As far as the cost of living, it is a little higher in my opinion. A decent one bedroom will run you around 700 or more a month. You could probably get something cheaper but don't expect quality. The last time I checked Meharry's average DAT score was a 16. The good thing about them is that they look at your application as a whole instead of making their decision on your DAT score alone.

Thank you for the info! I have accepted the offer at Hampton over Barry! Anyone else been accepted?

Have been accepted and attending.