2014-15 PM&R Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice, congrats! I would really like an interview from that program.

Thanks. I'm excited about it. I am a big fan of great programs in great cities. Louisville is a very nice city...so I will be looking forward to evaluating the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any other IMG applicants posting here? If so, how are things going so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone switch colorado with me? I have Dec 5th.

Good luck you guys. I don't envy the added stress of your situation.

Can people post their interview experiences here? Would be very helpful! I'll post two more of mine soon.

forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-2015-pm-r-interview-experiences-thread.1103600/#post-15789562

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck you guys. I don't envy the added stress of your situation.

Can people post their interview experiences here? Would be very helpful! I'll post two more of mine soon.

forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-2015-pm-r-interview-experiences-thread.1103600/#post-15789562

I don't have a lot of anonymity (haven't used that word in a while)...so I will pass for now. I will give an overview of my trail experience after I match. :)

Mt. Sinai & Jefferson interviews. Don't lose hope guys.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Downstate Interview dates: Friday November 7, 2014 - A.M. session (8AM-12PM) or P.M. session (1230PM - 430PM)

Saturday November 8, 2014 - A.M. session (8AM-12PM) or P.M. session (1230PM - 430PM)

Tuesday November 18, 2014 - A.M. session (8AM-12PM) or P.M. session (1230PM - 430PM)

Friday December 5, 2014 - A.M. session (8AM-12PM) or P.M. session (1230PM - 430PM)
Saturday December 6, 2014 - A.M. session (8AM-12PM) or P.M. session (1230PM - 430PM)

Saturday December 20, 2014 - A.M. session (8AM-12PM) or P.M. session (1230PM - 430PM)

Hey I'm an US-IMG from a Caribbean school...I've had more luck with PMR interviews than Prelim IM thus far. Hoping for maybe 2-3 more PMR and 4-5 IM and I'll be content.

I am going to be a little bit hesitant to bump current interviews for new ones going forward. It is pretty clear to me that we are in the later batch of interviews at this time. Most interviews are likely being handed out because of cancellations...meaning, you are down the list from the get-go. I could be completely wrong and programs are still sifting through applications...but that is the way I will be handling things.

I have a JFK Interview on 12DEC. If you are interested in switching, please let me know. Thanks.

I am going to be a little bit hesitant to bump current interviews for new ones going forward. It is pretty clear to me that we are in the later batch of interviews at this time. Most interviews are likely being handed out because of cancellations...meaning, you are down the list from the get-go. I could be completely wrong and programs are still sifting through applications...but that is the way I will be handling things.

Thanks for bringing that to light

+1 to what j4pac said.

In that vein, has anyone heard from Stanford? That's probably the only one I'd consider bumping others for at this point.

I just got an invite from Michigan. Five dates in December - 8, 10, 12, 15, 17.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a Tufts invite. Dates are Sat Dec 6th, Fri 12/12 and Sat Jan 10th.

I'd bump for Stanford, too :)

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone trade Marianjoy or Baylor (Houston) on 11/21?

Got Case Western, Minnesota, Tufts over the weekend

-Minnesota- December 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th and 19th

Tufts interview today
Dec 6, Dec 12, Jan 10

Man, I was hoping to hear something from U of Minnesota since i'm from there but no dice. Thanks for the update nonetheless.

Man, I was hoping to hear something from U of Minnesota since i'm from there but no dice. Thanks for the update nonetheless.
Minnesota just got started...don't lose hope

It's funny how blatantly obvious some programs make it that you're not their first choice.

I just got an interview invite with a bunch of dates, with most of them saying "one slot left." Luckily I'm privileged enough with interviews that I could decline, but yeesh... not the best way to recruit an applicant.

It's funny how blatantly obvious some programs make it that you're not their first choice.

I just got an interview invite with a bunch of dates, with most of them saying "one slot left." Luckily I'm privileged enough with interviews that I could decline, but yeesh... not the best way to recruit an applicant.

Ha, I definitely agree with your sentiment. I just got an invite from a program with just one date available.

BTW, I've declined my Minnesota interview so hopefully that will help those who were looking for an invite from that program.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are wondering about Stanford. I've heard directly from the pc that they have not yet sent out any invitations, and will be doing so in "early November". Hopefully this puts a few people's minds at ease.

Yea, I know. It must have been an exception of some sort. Just reporting on what I was told.

I have a Carolinas interview on Dec. 15th and would like to switch to Dec. 1st. Is there anyone who might be willing to trade?

Oh, and I think Stanford is planning to send out offers by the end of this week, or early next week at the latest. Hope that is helpful.

Oh, and I think Stanford is planning to send out offers by the end of this week, or early next week at the latest. Hope that is helpful.

The last two years they have sent out their first batches on 30Oct and 18Nov. So...it could be another week or two.

Shot in the dark, but anyone but anyone have a WashU STL interview on the 4th of Dec they'd be interested in switching to the 5th? I can't go to my Dec 5 interview but would still love to check out the program and that's really the only date they'd given that would work for me..

Interview at Hopkins. December 6 and January 11.

Yup!!! Got one from Hopkins as well.

I just need Stanford. C'mon~~~~

BTW, I went to my UPMC interview yesterday. And, WOW..... This program has got to be one of the top 5 programs in the nation. NO DOUBT.

I did not write too many notes, but I will try to write about my impression of the programs around December. But, if you have UPMC interview coming up, then get ready for your mind blowing experience. GUARANTEE.

Reactions: 2 users
That leaves UC Irvine and MSU (if you don't count Stanford) as the programs not documented as having interview invites. I know an MSU resident and just sent her an email about their application process.

Hey guys, I have a Wash U of St. Louis interview on November 20th or MedStar/Rehab Hospital/Georgetown on November 21st that I'd love to trade with someone. I don't have specific dates in mind, but let me know if you're interested.

Does anyone know the state of the Johns Hopkins program? I've heard a lot of negatives in the past years' posts, but was wondering if it's changed.

Yup!!! Got one from Hopkins as well.

I just need Stanford. C'mon~~~~

BTW, I went to my UPMC interview yesterday. And, WOW..... This program has got to be one of the top 5 programs in the nation. NO DOUBT.

I did not write too many notes, but I will try to write about my impression of the programs around December. But, if you have UPMC interview coming up, then get ready for your mind blowing experience. GUARANTEE.

I was also super impressed by Pitt, not nearly as impressed by UW, I'll post about it on the other forum.

No invites in the last week or so. I think I am probably done. Would have loved to get Hopkins. Oh well. Had some great interviews so far. Kansas was MUCH better than I expected and RIC... Well, it was just as incredible as I thought it would be.