2014-2015 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some advice please.. on my primary, I messed up the hours performed for research (should have been 200 but put 100). Is it a good idea to let the admissions office know about this error since they are such a research school? Or will I look foolish for making the error in the first place?
If the error was an order of magnitude (eg 100 instead of 1000) I'd correct it, but I wouldn't bring it up given that the mistake is only 100 hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Still haven't received any form of contact from UCSF and I was verified in early June :/.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully that means they are just working slowly.

No, I haven't gotten anything. Prob cuz I have a low MCAT.

JUST GOT a SECONDARY!!! Now have gotten secondaries from all but 1 school that I applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a secondary!!

IS applicant with 31-32 MCAT and >3.90 GPA

Thanks for the love UCSF! :biglove: Unreal.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a secondary!!

IS applicant with 31-32 MCAT and >3.90 GPA

Thanks for the love UCSF! :biglove: Unreal.

Interesting! My Stats are almost exactly the same as yours, and I got one tonight as well.

Me too, but out of state.

:-D

Yay I got one too!!!

After submitting, it says something like "please give us 4-6 weeks to review your app"

Do you guys really think they will respond with an II or rejection within that time? Its hard to believe...

Did you receive secondary via email? Or do we need to create an account at the Status Page and check it for ourselves? Thanks a lot!! :D

For the MD prompt about activities- how necessary is this/what is appropriate? My amcas descriptions were very thorough so im a little confused what students usually use this space for? I dont want to look lazy, i just dont know what id say without being redundant...

Still waiting on a secondary. OOS with no ties to Cali whatsoever, so not gonna get my hopes up.

Secondary via e-mail. No word at all prior to the secondary invite.

Still no secondary... IS with 33 MCAT and ~3.65 GPA, also significant research experience at UCSF.

Seems like lots of people got their secondary today. Getting worried but hopefully they'll keep sending the emails out.

is anyone applying to the prime or masters? or more importantly is there anyone who can explain a bit more what they are designated for...

seems like there are prime programs for all uc's --> but what would make you choose one underserved demographic over another

Yeah nothing here yet either, LizzyM = 76-78 IS
Just gotta hold tight and hope for the best still :p

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if it's possible to be admitted to the JMP program without being admitted to regular UCSF?

No secondary here either, and I submitted the primary within 10 minutes of AMCAS opening. :( IS and LizzyM >78.

woohoooooooooooo!!! finally got a secondary last night!!! :banana: AMCAS was verified early july, never had a primary confirmation email. i'm IS, 30-32/3.6-3.7, with research pubs.

For those of you who got the secondary last night, what date was your primary verified by AMCAS?

Ok, thank you! I was verified 6/11 and was starting to get worried. Sounds like they probably haven't gotten to my primary yet, phew!

Schools seem to go out of order a lot. I semi think that they split up the applications between x number of reviewers, then from there some might move through their group faster. I wouldn't worry!

Just got the secondary!

Verified 6/11 OOS

Last edited:
Just got a secondary... IS 3.7 and 28 MCAT with lots of extracurriculars and strong LORs

Just got a secondary.
Verfied 7/14. OOS

After submitting 5 or 6 secondaries, all I've been doing is recycling what I've written...if that's what you're asking...

I have a prepared blurb about my activities since submitting my primary that I've been adapting depending on the word count of the school I'm submitting to. :p

But how are you talking about all of your activities without just repeating amcas descriptions?!

Jut got secondary, IS and verified on 7/21. I'm so psyched that they didn't screen me out :)

Yessss! Secondary invite! IS and verified 6/4. Did not receive any prior email indicting that they had received my AMCAS. UCSF please love me I'd even give you a kidneyyyy

But how are you talking about all of your activities without just repeating amcas descriptions?!

I got promoted at work a couple weeks ago and I started a new volunteer position, so I have a fair bit of new material. Also, I guess not being thorough enough on my primary gives me more to discuss on my secondaries :p

Getting secondaries from UCs... Sometimes I feel hopeful, other times I feel like I'm just being led on by a super hot chick.

Anyone familiar at all with the PRIME-US program? How severely does it limit one's residency options after medical school?

Guys, I'm super confused. The only thing the secondary says if you just apply to their MD program is:

"If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below."

Am I missing something?

Guys, I'm super confused. The only thing the secondary says if you just apply to their MD program is:

"If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below."

Am I missing something?

What's your concern?

The secondary essay is optional.