2015-2016 University of California - San Diego Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 yay :)
Love that sly *tip* to pay first lol!

Members don't see this ad.

I received an invite to complete the secondary, but I still have this message: "We have your SSN but have not yet created your UCSD student record."

I created a user ID/password on 7/9, but it looks like it is still not active. Anyone else?

What % of people are invited to complete the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1. I have no access to the secondary even though I got the email

Email says 24-48 hour delay between creating ID/password and activation, but the website says 2-6 business days. Still within 6 business days for me, so probably just need to wait.

If anyone can access the secondary, is it still the same 6000 character autobiography as last year?

I received an invite to complete the secondary, but I still have this message: "We have your SSN but have not yet created your UCSD student record."

I created a user ID/password on 7/9, but it looks like it is still not active. Anyone else?
Yeah i have the same problem here!

IS, verified 6/4, received! Still can't access the secondary...
UCSD is such a tease.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, Secondary Received, LizzyM ~73 +/- 1...Verified 7/22..also cannot access yet

Edit: ...and like that, I now can access it. Fastest 24 hours of my life!!

Making a new post instead of editing to bump this for others who couldn't access it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone upload their photos? It keeps saying wrong file type even though I am loading a .jpeg/.jpg....

Getting the same error. Tried everything. I think it must be a problem on their end and/or there are more requirements for the system to take it than just jpeg/jpg (which they are unaware of)

...I'm just gonna put this one off until all the issues are resolved...

IS, no secondary. My numbers are in their ranges according to the MSAR, so perhaps at some point in the future I'll get a secondary. Not holding my breath though!

IS, no secondary. My numbers are in their ranges according to the MSAR, so perhaps at some point in the future I'll get a secondary. Not holding my breath though!
I believe in you! Seems like we have some schools in common haha :)

OOS secondary received, verified 6/9, LizzyM 73 Woo hoo. Was born a California Girl, would love to return!!

Omg! Small world... I was just looking at your posts from last year's thread... did you evetually get a secondary?
YES!! Not until sometime in mid or late August though! So I'm surprised/thrilled I got one much earlier this time. Definitely hang in there to anyone who is waiting, I had to wait so long last cycle!

Went to undergrad in UCSD, no secondary YET, i hope =[ Show me some love please my own school!!

OOS and still waiting for a secondary! I would absolutely love to go here

The photo-upload mishap is now fixed! Does anyone know if UCSD offers a fee waiver for FAP recipients? I can't seem to find that info anywhere

Hoping I get a secondary here as well, although that autobiography would be a beast to write

Secondary received too! YAY ^_^ Was getting a little worried there...

You have to use account information like routing number and stuff. I didn't see a way to use a card

So the online E-check is the only way?

EDIT: Yeah it looks like no CCs allowed. So weird.

Secondary +1. Thank goodness :) Even though I'm a long shot for an interview here, it's still nice to know they're giving me some semblance of a shot...

Received the secondary!! So happy even though this school is a reach for me. LizzyM: 70

Anyone know what percentage of applicants receives a secondary?

And what percentage of that group receives an interview invitation?

+1. IS, LizzyM 68, verified 6/8. Still waiting for UCSF!

Reactions: 2 users