2015 Match Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blurryvision

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Copied from optho thread - First, I want to say congratulations to everyone who matched! I know it is an exciting day for you all, so bask in your accomplishments! Second, I wanted to start this thread as a guide for future dermatologists. Using the previous format, which I found very helpful, I have added the previous template. Please share your experience!

The thing ppl want to do different this year is actually provide more specific details about the programs they interviewed. This will be extremely helpful for future applicants as the old compendium list of programs doesn't get many responses. This might be asking too much, but it would be great if you could mention something about every program you interviewed at, including things like surgical numbers, fellowship match, VA, county/safety net hospital, location, opinion on faculty+residents, etc.

2015 applicants, both matched and unmatched, please fill out the template below and add your comments directly to the board. Thank you.

--Board Scores:
--AOA and class rank: if known
--Reputation of medical school: (top 10, top 25, etc)
--Research: (none, some ophtho with no publications, ophtho publications)
--Honors in clerkships: (especially surgery and medicine)
--# and where you did away rotations:
--# of programs you applied to:
--Where invited for interviews (both offers and the ones you actually attended):
--Where matched:
--Anything that helped your app: (ie: a phone call from your advisor to another program, big-wig letter of recs, MD/PhD, other degree, SDN Forum, etc)
--Comments on specific programs:

Members don't see this ad.