2015 MCAT Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phikapdoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am taking the mcat in 2015 and I am a little nervous. My main concern is that there is not enough practice tests out. For the current mcat my game plan was to do a ton of practice problems, and practice tests. If I was not scoring within the 10-12 range at least for each section I would wait to take the mcat.. simple as that.
Back to my main concern. I know AAMC is going to release a full length test in 2014, but it is just one test, with some 120 problems on it. Is Kaplan, TBR, EC, AAMC going to make practice exams available so that we will have more than one look at the new mcat question formatting? If not then how would you guys recommend studying for this new beast?
(I asked this in the mcat discussions and recieved no response, sorry if I am out of line.)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am taking the mcat in 2015 and I am a little nervous. My main concern is that there is not enough practice tests out. For the current mcat my game plan was to do a ton of practice problems, and practice tests. If I was not scoring within the 10-12 range at least for each section I would wait to take the mcat.. simple as that.
Back to my main concern. I know AAMC is going to release a full length test in 2014, but it is just one test, with some 120 problems on it. Is Kaplan, TBR, EC, AAMC going to make practice exams available so that we will have more than one look at the new mcat question formatting? If not then how would you guys recommend studying for this new beast?
(I asked this in the mcat discussions and recieved no response, sorry if I am out of line.)

Or you could just major or double major in a humanities subject and wing it ;)

Hi,

Be a badass and wing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, any practical advice?

Reactions: 1 user
My guess is that more and more materials will come out (after 2013 I suppose) as 2015 comes closer. Not sure how test prep centers will work (kaplan, princeton, etc), but what I'd imagine is that they are given info about the new MCAT in advance and train for 2015 before the new MCAT comes out.

yes, those companies will all make practice tests for it based off of the new guidelines and topics list. Don't worry, there will even be prep classes with the new material. These companies will make a ton of money since everyone has to purchase all new prep books. It's going to be a weird app cycle...

^
All the other premeds are the same though so it levels out the playing field

I think the uncertain nature of the 2015 MCAT is a good thing.

It should let people that are naturally intelligent outshine the people who test well because they used 4 different test prep companies, bought every single prep book, and studied since the 4th grade.

I honestly wish I could've taken the new test.

It should let people that are naturally intelligent outshine the people who test well because they used 4 different test prep companies, bought every single prep book, and studied since the 4th grade.

And then you find out you aren't as "naturally intelligent" as you think

Nothing is stopping you.

:lol:

True. It's a risk. I bought test prep books 2 weeks before my test, completed the verbal book, and skimmed the rest. I think the lack of test prep for everyone else would've helped me.

Nothing is stopping you.
I already applied, so I would have to take the MCAT again during med school... No.

I already applied, so I would have to take the MCAT again during med school... No.

Withdraw, reapply in 2015

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

It's a standardized test, so your results are compared to everyone else who takes this exam ... and everyone is going to be in the same position as you.

It's as simple as that

You could always create a wiki covering all of the topics on the 2015 MCAT. Then you would not have to rely on new and recycled review material. Plus, creating the wiki would be an excellent review anyways.

Hi,

Do you think August 2015 is a good time to take the test. I am looking for atleast a couple of test samples from April to be published. I have also signed up for MCAT 2015 Prep course from Emory Continuing eduction for their first session starting May. I hope my timing is right.

Do you think August 2015 is a good time to take the test. I am looking for atleast a couple of test samples from April to be published. I have also signed up for MCAT 2015 Prep course from Emory Continuing eduction for their first session starting May. I hope my timing is right.

When are you planning on applying? August is starting to push it (your results likely won't be released until September), particularly if a retake might be in the books. If you're not planning on applying this year, though, then that wouldn't be a concern.

This thread is at least 2 years old.

I believe the AAMC will release another practice exam this fall, so you would only have one to work with for the August exam.

This thread is at least 2 years old.

I believe the AAMC will release another practice exam this fall, so you would only have one to work with for the August exam.
omg so many noobs recently.

Sigh...OP – search these forums more for better info.