2017-2018 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can an accepted and/or current student please tell me around what day classes start in the fall? I just need an estimate--so that I can give a definitive end date to my boss.

Members don't see this ad.

Orientation starts August 7th. Not that hard to look it up on your own.

Thank you! And sorry, I tried, but I could not find it. Maybe they should not have accepted me haha.

My bad- thought this was the RFU thread. I just looked up quinnipiac and couldn’t find it either. Didn’t mean to come off as a dick. I’m just hammered rn haha. Sorry about that.

Oh no! It's ok! I did not interpret it that way.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I appreciate it! I did not know that the medical school had the same start date as the undergrad institution.
Yeah it's interesting the academic schedule is combined into one, I would expect them to be completely different

Netter student here. Historically we start a bit earlier than most Quinnipiac grad programs (around first or second week of August). Not sure if the calendar for fall 2018 has been published yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Can an accepted and/or current student please tell me around what day classes start in the fall? I just need an estimate--so that I can give a definitive end date to my boss.

yea I was wondering about that too... at the interview they gave us a schedule for the past year so idk if we're just supposed to assume that it's gonna be the same for next year or not o_O

Have not heard anything since early August. Would it be a good idea to send in the area email if I have an interview in the region?

Thanks so much for taking the time! Would you say you are happy overall with Netter? Any issues?
I couldn't find many, aside from the driving requirement. Everyone I met seemed really happy and I'm excited for the opportunity!

I'm definitely happy with Netter overall. The faculty and staff here take our feedback really seriously, so any issues that come up are usually resolved for the following class (e.g. complaints we had in our first year were generally addressed for the current M1s).

This is a bit early to be asking but are stethoscopes given during white coat?

Yes!

You'll want to be here for orientation the week before classes start, and orientation is usually the first or second week of August, so I would plan to be here at around the last week of July. The med school generally starts about two weeks before the undergrad campus does.

Remember there is also a 6 week pre-matriculation course. It's optional, but people I talked to said it was helpful.

Oh yes, I definitely will have to look into that! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here recently and just wanted to say that I had a great visit. The interviewers were so nice and easy to talk to and the school is really nice! The Dean was a joy to meet with and his group interview was actually really fun. My takeaway is that if you've been invited to interview, they really have looked at your application and will ask questions about every aspect of it. It's nice to know that all of my work was appreciated by someone!

Reactions: 3 users
Would any current students be able to comment on how Year 3 is laid out? Specifically, when do students take the USMLE and do you get any elective blocks 3rd year? How about international rotations?

Would any current students be able to comment on how Year 3 is laid out? Specifically, when do students take the USMLE and do you get any elective blocks 3rd year? How about international rotations?

Year 3 consists of 7 blocks, six core (Im, peds, surgery, obgyn,primary care, psych) and one required experience which is either dedicated capstone time or dedicated step study time. Each block is about 6 weeks. Flex weeks are dispersed throughout the year where several required events occur at school. Step 1 can be taken anytime during third year since it is a lottery system. Many students take it right after second year as their first block, or as the the very end of third year, or in the middle . You wont have a chance to do elective or international rotations third year since you have to do your core ones. That's what year 4 is for

I was complete on 8/8 for this school. Does anyone know if they do pre-II rejections?

Interviewed last Friday (12/8) and accepted today!

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I'm still really bummed about that haha but the emails legit came 1 minute apart.
Yeah I was extremely bummed too, I really held out hope for it, but I got an acceptance yesterday too. so helped!

Was tough to do, but withdrew my acceptance today. Hopefully the open seat will allow someone else to get some wonderful news for the holidays.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning! OOS, LM ~70, complete late July

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know how generous Quinnipiac is with scholarships?

Is the netter portal not working for anyone?

Does anyone know how much of the class is full? I just went through this thread and I don't think I've ever seen this many acceptances by a school (especially for one with a small class size!). Additionally, it seems as if there were about 20 acceptances reported, and less than 5 total Post-II rejections/WL. I'm concerned that by this point I'm just interviewing for the waitlist :/ Especially since I saw no dates past January.

Awesome! Congrats to you! May I ask when you were complete? as well as the # / earliest interview dates? Thank you!
Sure thing. Complete mid-Sept. There were only 3 interview dates offered and they were in mid January.

Sure thing. Complete mid-Sept. There were only 3 interview dates offered and they were in mid January.

I was complete mid September as well! Does anyone know if they send pre-II rejections?

Does anyone know how much of the class is full? I just went through this thread and I don't think I've ever seen this many acceptances by a school (especially for one with a small class size!). Additionally, it seems as if there were about 20 acceptances reported, and less than 5 total Post-II rejections/WL. I'm concerned that by this point I'm just interviewing for the waitlist :/ Especially since I saw no dates past January.

I have no idea how many acceptances they've handed out at this point, but I quoted below what they told us at my interview about how many they accept. My guess is that they assume many accepted students will end up going elsewhere, so they accept more than you would think? I'd say keep your head up and assume that you definitely still have a shot here if you got an II, but that's just me!

Went back and checked my notes from the interview. I underlined it three times because I was so surprised. We were told that 2/3 of interviewees will be accepted, and of the remaining 1/3, half will be waitlisted. So, if you've gotten an II, your chances of acceptance are good! They must hedge closer to 3x their desired class size, assuming that a lot of people will also get offers elsewhere.

I have no idea how many acceptances they've handed out at this point, but I quoted below what they told us at my interview about how many they accept. My guess is that they assume many accepted students will end up going elsewhere, so they accept more than you would think? I'd say keep your head up and assume that you definitely still have a shot here if you got an II, but that's just me!
Wow... thank you so very much!! Huge help!

I'll just say that I have classmates who were accepted from every month October through May (think maybe even a summer admit)!

Also don't forget selection bias. People are more likely to post if they're accepted than rejected or waitlisted.

Any recent IIs? Also is this school receptive to ITA emails?

Accepted today! Interviewed in early December. GL to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
waitlisted :( does anyone know how it works here? I saw a few years ago a lot were accepted off of it but last year not a lot. based on what someone said about like only 1/6 getting on the waitlist (2/3 accepted, remaining 1/3 half WL half reject) I assume its not a lot of people but curious if its ranked etc.

waitlisted :( does anyone know how it works here? I saw a few years ago a lot were accepted off of it but last year not a lot. based on what someone said about like only 1/6 getting on the waitlist (2/3 accepted, remaining 1/3 half WL half reject) I assume its not a lot of people but curious if its ranked etc.
Darn. I was rooting for you dude. Hopefully there is movement and you get in. They seemed to have rejected a decent amount of people post II so I would say you're not in the worst position. How do you think the Interview went?

Darn. I was rooting for you dude. Hopefully there is movement and you get in. They seemed to have rejected a decent amount of people post II so I would say you're not in the worst position. How do you think the Interview went?
Yea it stinks but at least I wasn't rejected and I still have to hear from 14 places so hopefully I get another II soon. I thought both went well, I'm pretty self aware if I messed up or something but I mean it was my first interview so maybe I didn't answer stuff fully etc, but I must've done ok enough to not get rejected. Even though I have a 515 my gpa is pretty low because of my freshman year and I got asked about that so maybe that was a concern the committee had I'm not sure. At least in my opinion I feel like my interviews went fine but maybe the overall committee vote didn't go to full accept

Yea it stinks but at least I wasn't rejected and I still have to hear from 14 places so hopefully I get another II soon. I thought both went well, I'm pretty self aware if I messed up or something but I mean it was my first interview so maybe I didn't answer stuff fully etc, but I must've done ok enough to not get rejected. Even though I have a 515 my gpa is pretty low because of my freshman year and I got asked about that so maybe that was a concern the committee had I'm not sure. At least in my opinion I feel like my interviews went fine but maybe the overall committee vote didn't go to full accept
I know what you mean. I'm sitting here without any acceptances and just a few WL's. It's tough because I feel like my interviews have been going well. I know that just because you have a good interview though doesn't mean the committee is going to like you. Unfortunately I'm starting to realize I probably just don't have a strong enough application to make it past that final hurdle despite getting a fair amount of interviews.

Do you have any other interviews?

I know what you mean. I'm sitting here without any acceptances and just a few WL's. It's tough because I feel like my interviews have been going well. I know that just because you have a good interview though doesn't mean the committee is going to like you. Unfortunately I'm starting to realize I probably just don't have a strong enough application to make it past that final hurdle despite getting a fair amount of interviews.

I feel the exact same way. I've only had one interview and another coming up later this month. I think my first interview went well but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen - i'll get waitlisted because my application won't be strong enough overall to pass the "accepted" cutoff

No more interviews as of now, I still have to hear from a lot and one school where I worked at and have a a lot of ties to interviews until April so hopefully I hear from them.
And yea I feel like maybe I just didn't wow them enough. But good luck to you hopefully a few waitlists turn into an acceptance somewhere, and even if we have to wait until after April it's better than being rejected post interview because it means they must have liked us enough!

Did everyone here get a complete e-mail? Like if you go into the "Communication Status" section of the portal, is there a third specific date that a complete e-mail was sent? Or just the two "Secondary Invite" and "Secondary Application Submitted" e-mails?

No complete email - just the Secondary App Submitted message for me

Anyone else interview in early December hear back yet?