2018-2019 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any movement today?

If there is, it’ll be within the next 30-40 mins. They usually start calling around 11 EDT. The board did meet yesterday so there will likely be calls made. Whether they are on SDN or not is another question.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the board passing rates here?
Not sure, but I feel that passing boards comes down to the individual. Top schools probably have the highest passing rates because they get the top students, not because they teach in some way that's significantly better.

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome, congrats to the newly accepted!! I wonder if there was any hold movement.
I should note that this is not firsthand information - just through the grapevine. So if anyone wants to double check or comment, that would be nice!

So I guess we'll know more on April 30th? It would be nice to have an updated stats page haha :thinking:

Reactions: 1 users
So I guess we'll know more on April 30th? It would be nice to have an updated stats page haha :thinking:

I'm guessing we'll get one prior to April 30, and then possibly not one until after the cycle is officially over. Probably the largest amount of hold movement will happen on and after April 30.

Attention East Tennessee State University hopefuls! If you are writing the CASPer exam this year and are looking to prepare, check out this free sample CASPer test: https://mdconsultants.ca/casper-preparation/
Attention quillen hopefuls: There is absolutely no need to prepare for Casper— especially any type of prep courses or practice tests.

Also, no advertising. Get that outta here

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah between today and the 30th, I'd imagine we'll see some decent movement from the waitlist. Good luck y'all

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. They updated their stats page, but the only thing that changed was the current accepted. Even the “interviews completed to date” stayed the same. It was 217 on 3/1/19.

Updated stats page on the 15th. It looks like last year about 60 people moved off the hold list. Hope is not lost fellow people on hold!

i wish these financial aid packets would come..... .waiting forever... sucks for those of us who are trying to narrow down from the final three schools without scholarship info.

i wish these financial aid packets would come..... .waiting forever... sucks for those of us who are trying to narrow down from the final three schools without scholarship info.
I called them , and they told me that they will be mailed in 2 weeks ... not sure if it is just mine or everyone . I was accepted on February 26, if it helps

Does anyone know what are the system requirements for laptop ? Like , does the school require specific RAM, harddrive ? I need to buy laptop now , so I wanna make sure it is good enough .

are there any upcoming committee meetings that we know about yet?

Does anyone know what are the system requirements for laptop ? Like , does the school require specific RAM, harddrive ? I need to buy laptop now , so I wanna make sure it is good enough .
They just said that if you need specific help buying a laptop, contact student IT services, but there are no hard requirements iirc. Although from my personal experience and a few med school friends of mines experiences, I'd recommend a surface book! I've had mine for 2 years and absolutely love it.

They just said that if you need specific help buying a laptop, contact student IT services, but there are no hard requirements iirc. Although from my personal experience and a few med school friends of mines experiences, I'd recommend a surface book! I've had mine for 2 years and absolutely love it.
Could you please PM me ? I want to ask you about your computer and don’t want to spam the chat room

are there any upcoming committee meetings that we know about yet?

Just keep an eye out for end of April. Tons of movement on the 30th last year. I’m not expecting any news before then.

But yeah we likely won't see any movement till the week following may 1st. --to the previous commenters. We should have some decent WL movement, so good luck to y'all!

Look on the incoming students page where matriculation requirements are. There is info about computers there.

I called them , and they told me that they will be mailed in 2 weeks ... not sure if it is just mine or everyone . I was accepted on February 26, if it helps
I emailed Dean Taylor about this and received an email from Financial aid that said that scholarship packets were mailed on the 18th. So hopefully we will hear something beginning of next week rather than the two weeks.

I emailed Dean Taylor about this and received an email from Financial aid that said that scholarship packets were mailed on the 18th. So hopefully we will hear something beginning of next week rather than the two weeks.

:O :O :O

I guess mine is getting mailed later . Fingers crossed

Hey , everyone . I am withdrawing my acceptance from ETSU. It is an amazing school , but I was accepted to my top choice that is close to home and my family . Good luck !!!

Reactions: 4 users
Haha! That's definitely what I'm hoping for.

Or maybe it legitimately takes that long for things to go through the mail? I literally live 1 mile from Quillen so hopefully it won't take more than a darn week lol

Does QCOM tell where you rank on the waitlist?

Guessing:

Waitlist = Interviewed - offers given

Unless y’all know of people who got rejected.
I think I’ve seen a few people on this thread say they got rejected but not a lot.

I think I’ve seen a few people on this thread say they got rejected but not a lot.

reporting bias says that number is probably a lil higher just because people might not wanna come on here just to say they got snail mail rejected.

reporting bias says that number is probably a lil higher just because people might not wanna come on here just to say they got snail mail rejected.

Possibly. Obviously we won’t hear about everyone who gets a post interview R. But I doubt they interview many applicants and after the interview think “wow **** that kid”.

Generally I think getting an interview means they think you are qualified to attend.

looks like about 120 based on

waitlist= interview - offers given- (10% of total for possible rejections)