2018-2019 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
welp I guess we won't know our scholarships before having to make the choice lol....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
any movement today?
I'm going to assume movement will be Tuesday. I'm guessing they will have a committee meeting Monday and then call about acceptances Tuesday. That's just going off of the way they did acceptances throughout the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quillen started sending scholarship letters last week apparently. FYI

I’m guessing lots of people are dropping multiple acceptances today, so not sure when they will start sending out more acceptances. I do assume we are already ranked per their point system, but they won’t let you know where you are on it.

I’m guessing lots of people are dropping multiple acceptances today, so not sure when they will start sending out more acceptances. I do assume we are already ranked per their point system, but they won’t let you know where you are on it.

What I wouldn't give to know my ranking :nailbiting:

Has there been any movement this week?

Has there been any movement this week?

I don’t think so. I check this thread every afternoon I don’t hear anything and breathe a sigh a relief.

Where did you hear about scholarships being sent out?

I called the finaid office and the financial aid person (I can't remember her name, though she's the main one) said that they started sending them out a couple weeks ago, so that might mean they're sending them incrementally. Not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait, really? Do you know whether this will be the last round of calls or not?

There are people who get in June and maybe even later. But around May 1st is usually the largest amount of movement. But then again, since no one on here got a call, maybe things are moving at more of a trickle. I'm honestly not feeling too promising about my chances barring a miracle, but my stats were below their average anyway.

huh, it seemed like the thread from last year showed more acceptances around this time.

So they accept people a month before classes start interesting.
Welcome to the medical school admissions process, where you are just another number on a page (for most schools)

huh, it seemed like the thread from last year showed more acceptances around this time.

Yeah, there were a quite a few people on SDN who got in to QCOM on May 1st. This year it’s May 7th and no one here has

Try to keep hope. QCOM called me May 22 of the year I entered my medical school. Best of luck, y'all - it's not over yet.

Try to keep hope. QCOM called me May 22 of the year I entered my medical school. Best of luck, y'all - it's not over yet.
bless you. Hopefully, they continue in the same vein. They are being awfully coy this year.

wait, really? Do you know whether this will be the last round of calls or not?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure. One of my buddies got the call yesterday. I have several other friends who are on active hold and didn't hear anything yesterday. So I'm thinking maybe they are slowly making calls.

I called the finaid office and the financial aid person (I can't remember her name, though she's the main one) said that they started sending them out a couple weeks ago, so that might mean they're sending them incrementally. Not sure.
Gotcha! Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

So, at which point should we inquire about application counseling? :unsure: For those of you on hold, do you plan on re-applying right now or waiting it out?

Last edited:
Are on-hold people going to know whether they are no longer under consideration?

Has anyone here gotten a letter like this? Just wondering whether to wait it out or....
I am still on the waitlist and have not received anything. I have a DO acceptance I am taking instead.

Reactions: 1 users
In waitlist purgatory with you guys as well. I'm moving forward as if I'm not getting in, but still holding out hope they accept me before I sign a new lease in a month or so.

In waitlist purgatory with you guys as well. I'm moving forward as if I'm not getting in, but still holding out hope they accept me before I sign a new lease in a month or so.
good luck to you!

Just got the call. Accepted- going to take the spot. Hope to have some of you as classmates next year!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted!!

Reactions: 2 users
congrats! when did you guys interview??
Either of you see the school in "Choose your medical school" tool yet? Curious if from here on out the tool or the call will come first.

Interviewed way back in October- in it for the long haul! And they explicitly told me on the phone that it wouldn’t show up on the choose your school tool for a day or so— call came first

Interviewed way back in October- in it for the long haul! And they explicitly told me on the phone that it wouldn’t show up on the choose your school tool for a day or so— call came first
oh wow, you really have been waiting it out. Guess it paid off! Congratulations:)

Does Quillen give relative position on the waitlist information if called? I know a bunch of other schools do