2018-2019 Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R complete in July. Was my top choice at the beginning of the cycle but oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R Complete July

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R, sent an update a few days ago in hopes they might delay the inevitable R

Gladly joining the R train lol.

Thought it was a decent fit even with slightly lower stats. Ah well

Hi Guys, was hoping someone could help me out. I was waitlisted at sinai and wanted to send them some updates. Should i do that through the portal or email someone at the admissions office? Or should I do both? Thanks!

just got the R, knew it was a reach but had ties to the school :/ good luck to everyone else!

Anyone else complete in late July who is still waiting in dead silence? lol

Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R on a Saturday morning. Complete mid Sept.

Also Pre-II R just now. I'm curious -- how are rejection emails sent? Are they just automatic emails from the portals? Why do some get rejected on Friday and why some get the R just a day later on Saturday?

Also caught the R on Saturday, why do they feel so much meaner on weekends? :dead:

Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all of you waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!

And good luck at....MAYO???

And that is really great that someone will likely get in off WL with plenty of notice to make their plans....
Hahaha, yes, Mayo! Thank you for the kind words! :)

Does anyone know if the PORTAL Program is something we need to apply for before matriculation? I got the research opportunities email from Sinai recently and thought it looked super interesting!

Does anyone know if the PORTAL Program is something we need to apply for before matriculation? I got the research opportunities email from Sinai recently and thought it looked super interesting!

"Applications to PORTAL will be accepted from our first-year students. Successful applicants will begin the program during their second year at ISMMS."

"Applications to PORTAL will be accepted from our first-year students. Successful applicants will begin the program during their second year at ISMMS."
Sweet! By any chance, do you know how competitive the process is?

Accepted!!!

Just got an acceptance email about half an hour ago from Valerie Parkas ([email protected]). Interviewed on 1/22. Best wishes to anyone waiting. For accepted folks, curious if there’s a Facebook group or something out there?

Reactions: 1 users
Got put on the alternate list, interviewed January. Does anyone know if that's different from the general waitlist?

Waitlisted just now, interviewed 1/30. I expected this, yet I'm still sad. lol

Also caught the WL train. Interviewed 1/10

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 1/15! omggggomgomg I have never been so shocked and happy!!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. Interviewed early Jan. Not surprised, but I just wish I could have closure from this whole process.

Last edited:
Accepted!!! So pumped. Interviewed at the end of January.

Reactions: 1 users
So does anyone have an idea about alternate list movement? Is it a soft R or do they actually take more than a few people?

Anyone know when the accepted student's day is? Website doesn't list the date

got it, thanks. I guess if I just got in yesterday, they haven't gotten around to sending me it.

Are they sending out more waitlists this year given the lack of multiple acceptance reports or is it just me??