2018-2019 University of Mississippi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried to message you. Can you change your settings please? It wouldn’t allow me to send you a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So sorry to hear that!! I really hope you get accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey yall. I am posting my stats for asking what is my chance for UMMC. i got interviewed on 10/12 and i am so nervous for the admission result right now. There is not a lot of admission info on the internet for UMMC.
cgpa: 3.79 science gpa: 3.78
mcat:505
500 hours+ volunteering and shadowing in UMMC
Mississippi resident for life, Asian.
undergrad: Baylor U
major in neuroscience.
Thank yall.

Last edited:
Hey yall. I am posting my stats for asking what is my chance for UMMC. i got interviewed on 10/12 and i am so nervous for the admission result right now. There is not a lot of admission info on the internet for UMMC.
major in neuroscience.
Thank yall.
It sounds like you have a really good chance since you have a good GPA, MCAT, and a lot of volunteer experience. I also wish they had more information especially since I am on the lower end with my MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
major in neuroscience.
Thank yall.
I know that might not be of much help to you but your stats are similar to others th that have gotten in for this year!!

Can anyone tell me how long it took their results from casper to be sent to the school please?

Hi! Does anyone have any idea about "Decision Postponed" result?

Hey! i just saw that you posted about the ' Decision postponed', and is this the same thing as wait list?
I heard that there were 15 people got off from wait list last year.

Reactions: 1 user
The waitlist and "Decision Postponed" are different. "Decision Postponed" is for applicants that the adcom has deemed that they don't have enough information about the applicant to make an immediate decision on. Applicants under that umbrella are told to send in updates about their extracurriculars and transcript so that they may bolster their app and a decision on whether to admit, deny, or waitlist them is done around January (if I remember correctly). Waitlisted applicants are just put on the waitlist and are pulled off if accepted applicants withdraw their acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist and "Decision Postponed" are different. "Decision Postponed" is for applicants that the adcom has deemed that they don't have enough information about the applicant to make an immediate decision on. Applicants under that umbrella are told to send in updates about their extracurriculars and transcript so that they may bolster their app and a decision on whether to admit, deny, or waitlist them is done around January (if I remember correctly). Waitlisted applicants are just put on the waitlist and are pulled off if accepted applicants withdraw their acceptance.
Thanks for correcting me!

Do you mind telling me when you got interviewed? i still have not heard from them since my interview.
Thank you!

Thank you both for the info! I had an interview this month but haven't heard from the school yet.

Thanks! Makes sense!

major in neuroscience.
Thank yall.
I just got rejected by this Stats. i am so confused right now. what did i do wrong???????

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

20 year MS resident
Interviewed 9/28
3.78 GPA
3.82 sGPA

Yeah, of course!

3.38 sGPA, 3.51 cGPA, 509 MCAT
AMCAS submitted: 8/06
AMCAS verified: 8/30
II received: 9/18
Interview date: 10/12
Accepted: 10/31

Is anyone else having trouble with the applicant gateway?

What does it allow you to see? Mine just has the ummc logo!

Oh wow. That happens to me sometimes. I can see my supplemental app., uploaded documents, etc. When it does that, I try to find another link sent by the school. For example, one of the links they sent me in my email only shows the ummc logo. I don’t know why it does that.

Oh wow. That happens to me sometimes. I can see my supplemental app., uploaded documents, etc. When it does that, I try to find another link sent by the school. For example, one of the links they sent me in my email only shows the ummc logo. I don’t know why it does that.

Thank you!! I will try to play around with it this evening.

Okay so I had my interview Nov 9 but wasn't able to take the CASPER until Nov 20. They told us we would have a decision after thanksgiving but since I took the CASPer on the 20, does that mean I'll have to wait an additional 3 weeks from the 20th to hear anything back? Did anyone hear back before the 3 weeks after CASPer? Just curious so I'm not anxiously refreshing my email every hour next week haha thanks in advance

Okay so I had my interview Nov 9 but wasn't able to take the CASPER until Nov 20. They told us we would have a decision after thanksgiving but since I took the CASPer on the 20, does that mean I'll have to wait an additional 3 weeks from the 20th to hear anything back? Did anyone hear back before the 3 weeks after CASPer? Just curious so I'm not anxiously refreshing my email every hour next week haha thanks in advance

You should be fine. I got my acceptance Oct 16 and took the CASPer on Oct 11.

Got accepted!
I'll share my timeline and stats

3.85 sGPA, 3.64 cGPA, 509 MCAT
AMCAS submitted: 10/7
AMCAS verified: 10/8
II received: 10/9
Interview date: 11/9
Accepted: 11/29

Last edited:
Have any postponed applicants received an admissions decision?

Any information about the waitlist and how many people have been accepted from it so far?