2019-2020 University of Mississippi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Mississippi

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone that had an interview scheduled for today. However, I haven’t heard anything back yet.
How did you go about answering the "motivation for medicine" question without copying from your personal statement?

How did you go about answering the "motivation for medicine" question without copying from your personal statement?

I talked about an internship & issues in my hometown..I tied it into my reason for wanting to serve under-served areas/pursue a career in medicine.

same ^^ tied my reasoning back to all of the reasons why I'd love to serve the people of Mississippi.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard from UMMC yet for the admission decision?

Anyone heard from UMMC yet for the admission decision?
Waiting to hear. I interviewed in September, and I couldn't remember if Dr. Haynes said he would notify us today or tomorrow.

anyone who got interviewed in SEP waiting for the decision today? i have not heard anything yet... i wonder if that's what happened to you guys...

Is it too late to apply this cycle?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile

Is it too late to apply this cycle?

Don't know if this helps or not, but their website says Oct 15 was the deadline to submit your application, transcripts, and LOR through AMCAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if this helps or not, but their website says Oct 15 was the deadline to submit your application, transcripts, and LOR through AMCAS
Thanks I was accepted at another school

Hey guys,
I was accepted here back in October. I was wondering if anyone here thinks its absolutely ridiculous to choose another school other than your state school? I know the price difference is a big deal, but I was just wondering if anyone else was also considering other options like I am.

Got an email today saying I was denied, not even wait-listed, after being on the wait-list last year and doing what they said to improve my application

Got an email today saying I was denied, not even wait-listed, after being on the wait-list last year and doing what they said to improve my application

Same thing happened to me!!! I improved what they asked me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can ya'll please share your stats? Especially those who improved their application after being waitlisted. I am thinking of applying in June and I want to be realistic with my chances haha

I was accepted two weeks ago. Is there a facebook thread for those that have been accepted yet?

I will be applying this cycle for the first time. Can people who got waitlisted though please share their stats?

Last edited: