2018-2019 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y’all! So I heard from a friend that they’re planning on releasing some decisions on 3/18. Not sure if it’s actually gonna happen but I figured I’d spread the word just in case

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On my interview they said they will send decisions by mid March... also has anybody received an email from financial aid to create an account on my self Carolina to start the process of financial aid ??

On my interview they said they will send decisions by mid March... also has anybody received an email from financial aid to create an account on my self Carolina to start the process of financial aid ??
When did you receive that email? And is that email only for in-state residents?

Haven’t hear anything back yet. I called the number in the email because is from USC-Columbia but they said I have to call the financial aid of USC Grenville. Left a message to Mr.Wiley but no answer yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Also just got waitlisted. I'm in the middle tier.
Is it even possible to get in off of the middle tier?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also any reapplicants or current students know approximate chances at each tier for acceptance?

Waitlisted lower tier. Accepted to USC Columbia so not too bummed but hope some of us are accepted! Best of luck to y'all

Also any reapplicants or current students know approximate chances at each tier for acceptance?

Last year I was in the middle tier of the waitlist and was notified that I was rejected sometime in mid-May. I also had a friend that was in the upper tier of the list and was never accepted. ): Greenville's a very popular choice in SC!

Last year I was in the middle tier of the waitlist and was notified that I was rejected sometime in mid-May. I also had a friend that was in the upper tier of the list and was never accepted. ): Greenville's a very popular choice in SC!
Were you and your friend OOS or IS?

Waitlisted upper tier. I’m not sure how many people they typically pull from the waitlist.

Last year I was waitlisted upper third on the OOS list and did not receive an acceptance. From my knowledge this was the first time there had been so little movement. Take this with a grain of salt as the new traffic rules may influence how this years waitlist shakes out. I hope you all hear some good news!

I am definitely anxious to see how the new traffic rules affect waitlists.

Are y’all thinking there will be more waitlist movement with the new rules?

Tacos1404, are your 3 acceptances the 3 SC MD schools. If so, have you narrowed them down yet? Or are you waiting until later to decide?

Does anyone know how many hours/days of mandatory activities there are each week during the M1 and M2 years here? I'm deciding between several schools, and one thing that med students have told me to look out for is how often you have to be in class. I know that USCSOM-G has IPM on Friday mornings, and I believe that lectures are non-mandatory (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I was just curious if anyone knows anything else because I think that I learn best with more traditional lectures that I can sit at home and watch. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how many hours/days of mandatory activities there are each week during the M1 and M2 years here? I'm deciding between several schools, and one thing that med students have told me to look out for is how often you have to be in class. I know that USCSOM-G has IPM on Friday mornings, and I believe that lectures are non-mandatory (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I was just curious if anyone knows anything else because I think that I learn best with more traditional lectures that I can sit at home and watch. Thanks in advance!
From the medical students, I know there and what they told us at the accepted students day, the only mandatory events are the IPMS two days a week. It's only an hour long and is around 6-8 students and a physician going over a case. Additionally, all lectures are recorded and most students do not go to lectures and instead study on their own.

Tacos1404, are your 3 acceptances the 3 SC MD schools. If so, have you narrowed them down yet? Or are you waiting until later to decide?
Yes they were the 3 SC MD schools and I've decided on Greenville!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today off waitlist upper tier. Instate. Got the call in the afternoon. I did not have any other acceptances and this was my only chance to get in. There is hope and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Accepted today off waitlist upper tier. Instate. Got the call in the afternoon. I did not have any other acceptances and this was my only chance to get in. There is hope and good luck to everyone still waiting.
Congrats! Anyone have any idea if they accepted anyone out of state from the waitlist yet?

Hoping for more acceptances after that April 30 deadline!

For those recently accepted off of the waitlist, did you send in any updates during the month of April or within the last two weeks? Unsure if upper tier waitlist spots (where I'm at) shift due to updates. Congrats to everyone though!

For those recently accepted off of the waitlist, did you send in any updates during the month of April or within the last two weeks? Unsure if upper tier waitlist spots (where I'm at) shift due to updates. Congrats to everyone though!
Recently accepted and no updates submitted in the last month

Has anyone called the school about the waitlist by chance? I was wondering if they have released any WL decisions or if there haven't been any spots to actually offer to WLers?

I'm withdrawing from here today. Good luck to everyone!