2022-2023 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this supposed to say if letters of rec are submitted?
I think they are talking about your AMCAS application--you can see when letters of rec/evalauation are submitted or recieved by schools through that, not the MUSC "check application progress" page. You can go to AMCAS and click on your letters of evaluation, go to the "details" tab next to any of your letters and itll say "recieved" if MUSC has gotten it!! Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for an II (I'm in state in SC), just an FYI, I do not believe that the email contact: [email protected], is still at MUSC. So hopefully they update that with that person's replacement.

When I log into the check application status, it only says the date I submitted the secondary and the date they received the national app. Doesn't say anything about LORs being received.

Mine also said this, but I emailed the person and she said they were successfully received so I'm sure it's the same for you.

Does anyone know if they do silent rejections or will they email you to reject when they're done reviewing your app?

I had an interview scheduled for 9/30 but due to the hurricane it got cancelled. They told me they’d reschedule but it’s been over a week and I still haven’t heard anything about the new interview date. I emailed them a couple of days ago and they haven’t gotten back to me. Did this happen to anyone else?

I had an interview scheduled for 9/30 but due to the hurricane it got cancelled. They told me they’d reschedule but it’s been over a week and I still haven’t heard anything about the new interview date. I emailed them a couple of days ago and they haven’t gotten back to me. Did this happen to anyone else?
+1

II received as well at 1:08 PM EST! Complete on 8/2. Stats in signature.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who just got II's, congrats! What dates have they given?

Congrats!! Are you an in state applicant? I'm OOS with close ties and just hoping I haven't missed a wave of OOS IIs yet

OOS II aren’t sent til spring for MUSC!

Placed on hold. Thought my interviews went really great. IS, LM70, scribe, lot of volunteering and clinical experience and research. Does anyone know if folks move off hold at all?

• Care
Placed on hold. Thought my interviews went really great. IS, LM70, scribe, lot of volunteering and clinical experience and research. Does anyone know if folks move off hold at all?
Yes! People got off the hold list last year. Also in my interview someone asked this or something similar - they said pretty confidently that people do move off the hold list. Especially since it's early on. It sounded like they can't accept too many until they interview more people. So I wouldn't give up hope!

Are II sent via email or does the portal (check application progress page) change or both?

To anyone who has an interview this Friday, 11/18, have you received an email detailing the outside interview component? My interview invite email said additional information would be sent closer to the interview date but I have received nothing.

To anyone who has an interview this Friday, 11/18, have you received an email detailing the outside interview component? My interview invite email said additional information would be sent closer to the interview date but I have received nothing.

I have not either.

For the additional interview component, do you have to be selected for that after the interview? i’m confused on that part

Does anyone know if MUSC still uses Barron's Profile to give GPA boosts based on undergrad competitiveness? If everyone gets that boost, does it actually help at all?

Got the A today! Missed the call at 5:30 bc at work but got an email! So excited!! Interviewed 10/28 LM 78

II yesterday!! Just found it in my junk mail. I'm unbelievably happy, I love MUSC!!!

Reactions: 1 users
For the additional interview component, do you have to be selected for that after the interview? i’m confused on that part
They will send you an email with the name of your outside interviewer and you will have to email them and set up the time that works for both of you!

Any IS applicants waiting to hear back regarding II or R yet?

Does anyone know when scholarship information is decided? I don't remember them speaking about when a student would be notified about that.

Just got put on hold. Third time. Tough one. Congrats to everyone who got in.

LM 70. Got into USC Columbia and Greenville. Was really hoping for an A tonight.

• Care