2018 Grad Do I need to Retake All Prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColtsFanKZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title said, I graduated from college in 2018. My Prereqs were mostly taken between 2016-2018 with 2-3 in 2013. I did well and had an ~3.8 SGPA. I am planning to take Biochem, Gen Chem 2, & Human Anatomy Physiology 1/2 in 2024. I hope to apply in 2025 as long as I do decent on the MCAT. Mainly I just want to know if an adcom member or previous non-trad with a similar time gap would say I need to retake all my Prereqs or if the 4 classes I am taking in the upcoming year will be sufficient to show recent coursework to most schools. I'd appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

My Prereqs were mostly taken between 2016-2018 with 2-3 in 2013. I did well and had an ~3.8 SGPA. I am planning to take Biochem, Gen Chem 2, & Human Anatomy Physiology 1/2 in 2024.
Can you tell us why you are taking/repeating those courses you list? Is the A&P class science rigorous? It's not usually needed for med admissions.

Can you tell us why you are taking/repeating those courses you list? Is the A&P class science rigorous? It's not usually needed for med admissions.
I am taking the courses I mentioned as I didn't get around to them in undergrad. Biochem, Gen Chem 2, & a Biology Lab for which I'm taking A&P. The other pre-reqs I finished between 2016-2018.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would not retake but make sure the schools you apply to don't have a prerequisite time limit. Most schools don't have it. The fact that you have a high GPA and taking other courses currently is reassuring to anyone. Do well on your MCAT and you'll likely be competitive

Reactions: 1 user