2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a quick question for current admitted students, are classes online or in person? Are they also requiring a virtual reality laptop if it’s online?

just got that information today. Lectures online. Anatomy and clinical skills/standardized encounters in person. school is open. Like library and student lounge. Honestly really nice how they are doing it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
just got that information today. Lectures online. Anatomy and clinical skills/standardized encounters in person. school is open. Like library and student lounge. Honestly really nice how they are doing it
wow.. please accept me AMC!! my current school moved everything online, and we have to purchase a new laptop that can hold virtual reality because labs are also closed. considering NY is the state with the most COVID cases, I'm surprisingly shocked (in a good way) that they're keeping labs and SPEs in person..

Reactions: 1 user
RT! Can any accepted students provide insight? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and want to make sure I get the Albany specific forms filled out in case I get accepted. Holding out hope :)
They provide us with needed immunizations at orientation, there are no forms that I know of.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully tomorrow some more of us hear the good news!

Reactions: 9 users
I decided not to accept my offer of admission, I hope it goes to one of you very soon!!

Reactions: 10 users
Hmmmm.... pretty silent for a Monday morning.... :unsure:

Reactions: 4 users
Welp. Looks like my days of being on the AL are numbered :( I have to cte at another school on June 28th (probably the worst cte deadline ever).

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Welp. Looks like my days of being on the AL are numbered :( I have to cte at another school on June 28th (probably the worst cte deadline ever).
Yeah I'm holding out until I officially move for school July 11 so hopefully before then..

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on AMC plz give us some Acceptances, we are starving for them

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone!

I just made the very difficult decision to withdraw my acceptance to Albany Medical College yesterday. I loved the school so much so it was a terribly tough decision. With that being said, I think there should be an acceptance waiting for one of you future doctors shortly!

Reactions: 13 users
Hi everyone!

I just made the very difficult decision to withdraw my acceptance to Albany Medical College yesterday. I loved the school so much so it was a terribly tough decision. With that being said, I think there should be an acceptance waiting for one of you future doctors shortly!

Best of luck with your medical career at the school you decided to attend!

Reactions: 5 users
hopefully monday?
Monday definitely seems to be the day. I think we were just unlucky last week. But we got this! We keep seeing people give up their spots and the Facebook page and GroupMe numbers are encouraging.

Accepted this morning at 10! Does anyone know what to do if the Choose Your Medical School tab doesn't show up on AAMC? This is my first MD acceptance and Albany needs me to do that within 24 hours.

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted this morning at 10! Does anyone know what to do if the Choose Your Medical School tab doesn't show up on AAMC? This is my first MD acceptance and Albany needs me to do that within 24 hours.
Congratulations (but high-key jealous)!

I think it can take a few hours for the tool to show up. Definitely check this afternoon!

Great to see some movement today! Hopefully Albany continues to release some more later.

AMC did not show up on my CYMS tool until 24 hours after my acceptance! My seat was still held during that time.

What're the chances AMC sends 2 waves of A's this week?

What're the chances AMC sends 2 waves of A's this week?
It would be really dang nice! But going off of the current trend, the next batch will be sent out next Monday around 9:30-10:30

It would be really dang nice! But going off of the current trend, the next batch will be sent out next Monday around 9:30-10:30
Any guesses on spots etc?

I already submitted, retaking this MCAT this week. Better safe than sorry

Some food for thought for all us alt listers (and anyone else who wants to chime in!).....

New York (along with Connecticut and New Jersey) just instituted a recommended two week quarantine for anyone coming from eight states. These states include:
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Florida
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Washington
The article (linked below) does state that the quarantine is a strong recommendation, however there may be consequences (including fines and a mandatory quarantine) should someone from these states travel to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

How do y'all think this will affect people who are currently on the alternate list? Will AMC and other New York states accommodate for this extra time or will they need to consider skipping over people from these states?

Personally, I don't think it will change much on the schools' end. Excluding these prospective students is unfair. I can see schools doing one of two thing: one, say, "make it work, just be here for the first day of school;" or two, provide accommodation for the extra two weeks, if necessary. However, I can see applicants making the tough decision to decline acceptances.

Link for anyone interested: New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to quarantine visitors from coronavirus hot spots

Some food for thought for all us alt listers (and anyone else who wants to chime in!).....

New York (along with Connecticut and New Jersey) just instituted a recommended two week quarantine for anyone coming from eight states. These states include:
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Florida
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Washington
The article (linked below) does state that the quarantine is a strong recommendation, however there may be consequences (including fines and a mandatory quarantine) should someone from these states travel to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

How do y'all think this will affect people who are currently on the alternate list? Will AMC and other New York states accommodate for this extra time or will they need to consider skipping over people from these states?

Personally, I don't think it will change much on the schools' end. Excluding these prospective students is unfair. I can see schools doing one of two thing: one, say, "make it work, just be here for the first day of school;" or two, provide accommodation for the extra two weeks, if necessary. However, I can see applicants making the tough decision to decline acceptances.

Link for anyone interested: New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to quarantine visitors from coronavirus hot spots
yeah I'm sure they will provide accommodations if it comes down to it.

Is there a point in even reaching out to the admissions office at this point? Or just wait it out?

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a point in even reaching out to the admissions office at this point? Or just wait it out?

just do it if it makes you feel better. Tbh what is there to lose?