2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's only been two days and I've already been checking my email obsessively, I don't know how I'm gonna deal with this for another month.
Relatable. I'm telling myself to only check once in the morning and once in the evening... not doing so well with that so far. :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the AL yesterday but I turned it down best of luck :)

Reactions: 5 users
People who got off the waitlist: on the cyms tool, were you guys able to PTE albany? Mine still says alternate listed for some reason

Members don't see this ad :)
People who got off the waitlist: on the cyms tool, were you guys able to PTE albany? Mine still says alternate listed for some reason
I remember reading somewhere that the school is also required to report the acceptance to AAMC so could just be a delay with that

I remember reading somewhere that the school is also required to report the acceptance to AAMC so could just be a delay with that
I hope that’s the case bc I have to PTE within 72 hrs of acceptance and it’s been 48 😂

• Haha
This might be a dumb question lmao, but if we have a MacBook, do we really have to buy a separate windows laptop?

This might be a dumb question lmao, but if we have a MacBook, do we really have to buy a separate windows laptop?
I was thinking the same thing…so I emailed admissions about it and will keep you and anyone wondering posted

Wishing everyone here the best of luck this week! Hope people here are able to get off the waitlist :)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew A, best of luck to those still waiting you got this

Reactions: 3 users
In the second look day, the students said they don't do that anymore. Seems like they used to have a certain application requiring Windows that they no longer use. so you can keep the MacBook. they also recommended not really buying anything until we receive more info from the school

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I kinda feel hopeless in being able to get off the waitlist for this school….looking through past threads it seem like majority of movement happens first two weeks of may. Really sad at the moment :(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I kinda feel hopeless in being able to get off the waitlist for this school….looking through past threads it seem like majority of movement happens first two weeks of may. Really sad at the moment :(
Hang in there bud, the struggle is real. For what it's worth, people got off the WL in late June last cycle, so it ain't over yet.

Is there a Facebook group? I'm so down bad I wanna start checking how many people are in it so far lmao

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
There doesn’t seem to be a lot of movement for a school that says 90% of their matriculating class comes off of the WL

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED TODAY - I cannot express enough gratitude to everyone who posts on here - thank you for sharing information and support. I really thought this wouldn’t happen and I know there are so many of you who will see this post with a sinking gut feeling (one I have had many times). I hope your day comes very soon, and until then try to be kind to yourself, I wish I had been better at that.

• Care
To those accepted (in groupme or FB groups) does it seem like the class is full? I feel like at this point I am trying to manage my expectations and shift focus to next cycle :///

To those accepted (in groupme or FB groups) does it seem like the class is full? I feel like at this point I am trying to manage my expectations and shift focus to next cycle :///
Groupme has ppl actively joining and leaving so i’d say it’s still dynamic

Hey y’all, I emailed AMC and they said they’re still pulling people off the AL. We still got a chance, dont lose faith!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey y’all, I emailed AMC and they said they’re still pulling people off the AL. We still got a chance, dont lose faith!!!
did they say this as in the class is not yet full or moreso they’re pulling ppl as others decline??

did they say this as in the class is not yet full or moreso they’re pulling ppl as others decline??
Didnt say that. They just said this:

“Thanks for your message. We are still accepting applicants off of the alternate list and will continue to do so until the class is full. You remain on the alternate list and once we have an update for you, you will hear via email. If you have any questions, feel free to email us or give us a call at 518-262-5521 and press 1 for our Admissions Coordinator.”

I was accepted off Waitlist today. Will be declining the offer. Goodluck everyone!

Accepted off the waitlist this morning!!!!

Current first year here - congrats to those with an A!! Welcome to AMC!

I like AMC. The curriculum is fast paced, but most school are now. You learn a lot it's easy to take for granted. We have probably covered 2/3 of First Aid. Professional opportunities are numerous, but you have to be proactive. Classmates are great. We support one another. Ask me anything if you want.

Hope to see some of you in the fall!

I just called admissions, they said that they don’t send out rejections from the AL until the class is completely full and she didn’t have a time frame for when that would be. Not sure if everyone already knew this but sounds like it could be a bit still

I just called admissions, they said that they don’t send out rejections from the AL until the class is completely full and she didn’t have a time frame for when that would be. Not sure if everyone already knew this but sounds like it could be a bit still
My understanding when I spoke to them last week was it would be the first week of August when classes commence.

My understanding when I spoke to them last week was it would be the first week of August when classes commence.
Yeaaaaa I tried to ask for the date that it happened last year and she said she didn’t know and had no idea for timeframe lol

soooo do y'all think the class is full? 😭
I have resigned to believing that any waitlist I am on is a soon to be rejection and I should move on with and plan my life accordingly. Essentially, I gave up hope as a way of feeling better and less anxious.

Reactions: 2 users
A girl I know who graduated from AMC lat year told me she didn’t get her A until June. I am staying somewhat optimistic.

I heard that class is 50% full only but not sure how accurate it is. Last year admissions went into July (check last year thread)

I heard that class is 50% full only but not sure how accurate it is. Last year admissions went into July (check last year thread)
Big if true, but I find it hard to believe. I encourage all of you guys to prep for a reapp or gap year if you have no other acceptances. And please don’t forget to take care of yourselves throughout this grueling process, we all have what it takes to be physicians, don’t let an R ruin your spirit!

Reactions: 4 users