2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know when they stop inviting people to interview? I know interviews go through March, but typically how much time did you have between being invited and interviewing?

does anyone know when they stop inviting people to interview? I know interviews go through March, but typically how much time did you have between being invited and interviewing?

I received an interview invitation late December, and the earliest dates were early feb. About 6 weeks after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ii today. Complete early october. LM 74, OOS. Can't believe it, really!

Reactions: 7 users
ii today. Complete early october. LM 74, OOS. Can't believe it, really!
I turned my invite down yesterday; I really hope it went to you! Big fan of nurses and all work y'all do!! Congrats!

Reactions: 3 users

I was offered an interview at the end of January and the dates available were the second and third week in March so I doubt there are very many offers still going out.

Interview Invite today! I'm excited! I'm also a nurse.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know the general turn around time after interviews? I know they said the latest we would hear back would be April 10 or something, but I was just wanting to get an idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the general turn around time after interviews? I know they said the latest we would hear back would be April 10 or something, but I was just wanting to get an idea.
I interviewed back in early December, and they said early to mid April is when we'd most likely hear back. They said that they accept a very small portion of the class before as evident from some posts a few pages back, but there hasn't been any acceptances in a while posted on here. I'm (im)patiently waiting it out until April (even though I think that is cutting it way too close to the April 30th deadline and puts us at a disadvantage...).

I interviewed back in early December, and they said early to mid April is when we'd most likely hear back. They said that they accept a very small portion of the class before as evident from some posts a few pages back, but there hasn't been any acceptances in a while posted on here. I'm (im)patiently waiting it out until April (even though I think that is cutting it way too close to the April 30th deadline and puts us at a disadvantage...).

Maybe that’s why they wait so long. People start narrowing down their school list right around then. So rather than having hella waitlist movement, they prob just wanna wait till most everyone has made a decision before sending out their acceptances to increase their yield.

Reactions: 1 users
also curious! anxiously waiting

I can only offer you what I remember from the interview—they give you a total numerical score 2 weeks after. If that score is above their threshold for acceptance then you get in at that point in time. If not, you go onto the rank list of all interviewees based on your score. As they get a good picture of how many seats they are going to have left to give out after all the interviews are done, they lower the threshold and accordingly send more acceptances.

Maybe that’s why they wait so long. People start narrowing down their school list right around then. So rather than having hella waitlist movement, they prob just wanna wait till most everyone has made a decision before sending out their acceptances to increase their yield.
The Facebook group has ~80 accepted students FWIW.

Interview Invite today! Date next week and 2 in March open. Thanks for whoever gave me the chance after withdrawing I guess?

Accepted! In absolute shock right now

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today! Interviewed early Oct

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted on Friday! I'm over the moon, I loved this school!! Interviewed early Feb :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted on February 21st! Interviewed November 7th--
If you have any questions for me feel free to reach out! Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted on February 21st! Interviewed November 7th--
If you have any questions for me feel free to reach out! Good luck everyone!
Congrats, looks like they started to look at older interviews now

Anyone else have no luck with getting a student host for an interview? I have reached out to 6 different people and got 1 no and 5 ghostings.

Anyone else have no luck with getting a student host for an interview? I have reached out to 6 different people and got 1 no and 5 ghostings.
I had the same problem! I ended up staying in a hotel nearby. It was 100 bucks a night and had a free shuttle from the coach bus to the hotel and from the hotel to the school the next morning.

anyone who has interviewed/is interviewing soon: they say there’s a parking pass in the secondary app portal but I can’t find it lol. Am I missing something?

I’m sure it’s been asked/answered/in the packet somewhere but are we supposed to submit institutional applications (read: other than FAFSA) for financial aid even if we haven’t been accepted yet?

Withdrew my invite last evening congrats

Hey I accepted my invite a while ago, but would like to withdraw. How did you withdraw? It doesn't seem like there's an option in the portal. Did you email them?

Hey I accepted my invite a while ago, but would like to withdraw. How did you withdraw? It doesn't seem like there's an option in the portal. Did you email them?
I withdrew via email and they sent a confirmation the following day!

I’m sure it’s been asked/answered/in the packet somewhere but are we supposed to submit institutional applications (read: other than FAFSA) for financial aid even if we haven’t been accepted yet?
From what I remember (interviewed last week!), they said be ready to submit all your stuff when admitted, but since css costs money to submit not to send that until it’s time. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here!

Does someone know when we should expect financial aid packages to come in?

So what do they want post-acceptance grades to look like? Asking for a friend naturally as I would never get below a 4.0.

• Haha
Does anyone know if Dartmouth gives out any merit scholarships?

I'm 95% sure they said no merit scholarships during the financial aid session on interview day.

anyone know when the next batch of acceptances might be? also is it through email?
Your guess is as good as mine. I hope it's soon. I interviewed in early December and they told my interview cohort early April, so we might be in for a wait.

Your guess is as good as mine. I hope it's soon. I interviewed in early December and they told my interview cohort early April, so we might be in for a wait.

I interviewed back in September and was told I may not hear anything until March (which I haven’t). I think it’s fair to say they might be a little slow to get back to you.

anyone know when the next batch of acceptances might be? also is it through email?

I interviewed last week and they said that the committee meets every Thursday in March. Hopefully that translates to a few more acceptances before the final wave in early april.