2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got mine about 15 min ago. I think they are running a bit behind.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine around 4:49!
Just give it time :)

Did anyone get the zoom link for the morning info session? I received the email with my specific interview links, but I'm left in the dark about the morning...

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get the zoom link for the morning info session? I received the email with my specific interview links, but I'm left in the dark about the morning...
+1 never got a second email

When I called admissions they weren’t sure if it would be happening so I think it might not be? I believe she said if it did it would be around noon

So no update on the info session yet then? :oops:

• Sad
anyone have the link for where the info session would happen?

Jk, they just sent an email at 8:50 saying it's happening at noon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, thank you for your email! I was sitting here like "OMG THIS WAS A TEST AND I FAILED" hahaha
I feel like i’ve been overly neurotic about checking in but they have been so nice and understanding. Stressful time for us and them. everyone go nail it today!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone seen the match list for this year yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen the match list for this year yet?

I haven't seen the list posted on their usual page, but they posted a video which is easily google-able. Didn't want to post here because they're not de-identified.

Anyone lined up for interviewing tomorrow, the 26th? Have you guys received any info? Received a prior email saying they would send one on the 24th with info, but didn't see anything in my inbox. The delay is totally understandable with everything going on, but just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Anyone lined up for interviewing tomorrow, the 26th? Have you guys received any info? Received a prior email saying they would send one on the 24th with info, but didn't see anything in my inbox. The delay is totally understandable with everything going on, but just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
I interviewed last week and got my Zoom interview links the night before around 6:30PM (eastern) and the information session link the morning of.. not ideal but you shouldn't worry!

I interviewed last week and got my Zoom interview links the night before around 6:30PM (eastern) and the information session link the morning of.. not ideal but you shouldn't worry!
Yup yup, just received an email. :) Thanks a lot!

Did anyone who interviewed last week get an email for another info session tomorrow? Think it may have been a mistake

3rd year at Geisel. Drop by here around about this time each year to encourage you all to keep at it!!

I know how much of a slog med school apps and interview season can be. I can't imagine how much more crazy and unpredictable it must have been for you lot this year with the global crisis going on. But this is for those of you who feel burned out before med school even began, for those who are on waiting lists anxious to get off, and for those who are getting so used to rejection after rejection that you don't even feel it anymore (PS I was all of the above). It took almost a full year for me to be accepted to Geisel - submitted my primary in June, secondary in July, interviewed on the last interview day in March, waitlisted in April, and was accepted in May. Don't give up!! There's a reason why you all decided to pursue medicine - remember that reason, believe in it, and most of all believe in yourself. If this is truly something you want, don't let anything stop you. If this season doesn't happen work out, that's perfectly ok - it doesn't make you a failure or any less of an awesome person. Reevaluate and improve yourself, try again, or pursue other avenues that are meaningful to you. Medicine is not the be all and end all, but if you want it to happen, it WILL happen. Best of luck!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Anyone who interviewed last fall still in silence?

Anyone who interviewed last fall still in silence?

During my interview day they said the vast majority of applicants will hear back in early April. They explained that they score the applications after the interviews, and only initially accept a handful of people that exceed a particular score in order to prevent anyone who interviews late from being negatively impacted. Then once they have finished most they gradually lower the score threshold for acceptances and the bulk of their class is let in that way. Hopefully everyone should hear back the next week or two! I received my decision on a Friday, which seems to have been a common trend, so maybe tomorrow!

Accepted last evening at 1640. interviewed 2/27. Couldn’t be happier!!!!!!! (edit for typo)

• Love
Has anyone heard back about financial aid? If so, email or portal?

Just got the A! Super excited to be in Hanover next year!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
WL this morning, interviewed via zoom on 3/19.

• Sad
Has anyone heard from financial aid yet?

Edit: Just got a letter, but has anyone heard about scholarships? Their website says over half of students receive scholarships.

Last edited:
I got an email today with 10 reasons why I should attend, but I need reason 11: some financial aid. I haven't received anything on financial aid.

Has anyone heard from financial aid yet?

Edit: Just got a letter, but has anyone heard about scholarships? Their website says over half of students receive scholarships.
do you mean you got your fin aid package but got no scholarship offer?

does anyone know why the school wants the css profile? institutional aid as in granting need based loans if after u max out fed loans u still can't cover COA???

does anyone know why the school wants the css profile? institutional aid as in granting need based loans if after u max out fed loans u still can't cover COA???
It actually does require you to submit the CSS profile! It also requires you to submit the IDOC, which is part of the CSS where you upload documents like W2s, tax returns, etc. FAFSA + CSS w/IDOC + Dartmouth's application for FA are all you need.

WL just now after interviewing in September. Still hopeful but man am I over this wait...

Just got waitlisted after interviewing last month. I’m so crushed I’ve gotten waitlisted everywhere I’ve heard back from and I have no acceptances

• Sad