2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email yesterday for an interview invite! :D

Not sure, wanna say I read it was 2-1. Should just be traditional format, not mmi

When you say "2-1", you mean 2 members of the admissions committee and you- like a panel interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am confused on how to list the recommenders? I clicked the "Recommendation" tab and this is what I have when I select recommender list, there is no option to input anything?

Hello, I am confused on how to list the recommenders? I clicked the "Recommendation" tab and this is what I have when I select recommender list, there is no option to input anything?

I called them and they said it is not required for you to list the recommenders anymore. Both Harlem and Middletown told me this.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to those having an interview this coming Monday. Mine is scheduled for the 16th of this month! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have an idea of how to travel from Newark Airport (New Jersey) to Touro Middletown? :oops:

There's actually no efficient transport because Middletown is more suburban. I think renting a Zipcar or ubering might be the best way.
Anyone have an idea of how to travel from Newark Airport (New Jersey) to Touro Middletown? :oops:

I’m planning in renting a car and taking a drive.

Thank for replying! I was thinking of doing the same as well. What airport are you guys coming in at? Only thing I'm worried about is having signal or not on the way to the school.

There's actually no efficient transport because Middletown is more suburban. I think renting a Zipcar or ubering might be the best way.

I checked out the UBER/Lyft price and it was outrageous at $100 for one way from Newark Airport. Most likely gonna be renting a car!

I checked out the UBER/Lyft price and it was outrageous at $100 for one way from Newark Airport. Most likely gonna be renting a car!
Long distance uber/lyft will definitely be expensive. You can fly into either newark or JFK. The drive is comparable - just find the cheapest plane tickets.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope the interview went well for those that had it today. I know this is the Middletown thread, but did everyone that got an II here select Middletown Only or Prefer Middletown in the secondary? Just curious if anyone that selected a preference for Harlem got Middletown instead.

Just got an II! Complete 8/21 but the only dates available are in november

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the interview went well for those that had it today. I know this is the Middletown thread, but did everyone that got an II here select Middletown Only or Prefer Middletown in the secondary? Just curious if anyone that selected a preference for Harlem got Middletown instead.

I selected "prefer middletown" and got an II for middletown.

I just checked and I selected Prefer - Both and got Middletown. Which was pretty dumb of me because i prefer Harlem but must have not read it properly.

I put down prefer Middletown!

Also curious, why do y'all prefer Middletown over Harlem?

How was the interview for those who had it on 9/9? Mine is scheduled for next Monday! :D

How was the interview for those who had it on 9/9? Mine is scheduled for next Monday! :D
Very laid back interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Then we went on a tour of the school with the student ambassador. Afterwards was a talk with the dean followed by lunch. Last was the flipped classroom modality demo and a talk from some other faculty members. Good luck with your interview! The school is very cozy and acts like a big family, so the interview day also had that same vibe.

Very laid back interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Then we went on a tour of the school with the student ambassador. Afterwards was a talk with the dean followed by lunch. Last was the flipped classroom modality demo and a talk from some other faculty members. Good luck with your interview! The school is very cozy and acts like a big family, so the interview day also had that same vibe.
Was the interview open file (can see GPA/MCAT)?

Was it traditional then?

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Last question, considering the interivew is open-file, were the questions more directed to your application? Did they ask any ethicals questions, etc.?

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Last question, considering the interivew is open-file, were the questions more directed to your application? Did they ask any ethicals questions, etc.?
No questions specifically about my application unless it was a follow up to experiences I had mentioned and they wanted to hear more about. No ethical questions for me nor good cop/bad cop. However, others had good cop/bad cop.

No questions specifically about my application unless it was a follow up to experiences I had mentioned and they wanted to hear more about. No ethical questions for me nor good cop/bad cop. However, others had good cop/bad cop.
+1 for me. Fairy straight forward. Both interviewers were nice. Asked about my mcat score, and what I did to improve it. Focused on my experiences mostly, and didn’t harp on my stats much

I sent my application sep 3 but haven't gotten the complete email yet, should I email them?

Just had an interview this past Monday, 9/16. The overall interview experience was great! My interviewers were very relaxed and only asked things regarding my application. Good luck to all future interviewees, you all will do great :)

Congrats!

If anyone is flying into JFK Sunday and want to be rideshare buddies, let me know. I land around 2-3pm

hey all! Can anyone shed some light about this school in terms of match list (i am interested in primary care) as well as what hospitals the students rotate? Also how was the school in terms of the campus and buildings? did it feel like the school was supportive and receptive towards its students? did the interview go into any specific questions? this is my first interview so i am a little nervous, thank you! :)

hey all! Can anyone shed some light about this school in terms of match list (i am interested in primary care) as well as what hospitals the students rotate? Also how was the school in terms of the campus and buildings? did it feel like the school was supportive and receptive towards its students? did the interview go into any specific questions? this is my first interview so i am a little nervous, thank you! :)

Rotation sites can be found online. Middletown, like most osteopathic schools not directly affiliated with an undergraduate institution, are made up of one building. Middletown is fairly new and renovated an old hospital - they have dorms on the top floors on the building so you can literally sleep in the same building you go to class in. Support is great, and it seems everyone helps each other out. They have 98% Comlex I pass rate this past year (not updated yet on website, makes them #4 among all the COMs). They also have flipped classroom meaning you do not attend lectures; you study them on your time and discuss the material in class. Interview was chill, know the mission of Touro and be ready to answer some ethical questions. Also the normal “why Touro, why medicine, what is osteopathic medicine, why not allopathic medicine etc.” Not to freak you out, my first interview of the cycle was a **** show. Go do some mock interviews with friends and family. As @Goro would say, speak from the heart. Just don’t be an idiot. GL.

Rotation sites can be found online. Middletown, like most osteopathic schools not directly affiliated with an undergraduate institution, are made up of one building. Middletown is fairly new and renovated an old hospital - they have dorms on the top floors on the building so you can literally sleep in the same building you go to class in. Support is great, and it seems everyone helps each other out. They have 98% Comlex I pass rate this past year (not updated yet on website, makes them #4 among all the COMs). They also have flipped classroom meaning you do not attend lectures; you study them on your time and discuss the material in class. Interview was chill, know the mission of Touro and be ready to answer some ethical questions. Also the normal “why Touro, why medicine, what is osteopathic medicine, why not allopathic medicine etc.” Not to freak you out, my first interview of the cycle was a **** show. Go do some mock interviews with friends and family. As @Goro would say, speak from the heart. Just don’t be an idiot. GL.

Thank you so much! Do you know what the acceptance rate post interview is? My interview is in November so I’m hoping that’ll help since I will have more than enough time to prepare

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! Do you know what the acceptance rate post interview is? My interview is in November so I’m hoping that’ll help since I will have more than enough time to prepare

I personally do not, just do your best and don’t look back. Well, unless you’re reflecting on how to do better for the next interview.

I’ve had a few interviews so far - it doesn’t help thinking what the post II acceptance rate is. Just don’t be in the lower half ;)

Hi guys, will submitting a secondary this week worth it or will it be too late? And what is the difference between the Middletown and Harlem campus? 508 OOS. Thanks.

Hi guys, will submitting a secondary this week worth it or will it be too late? And what is the difference between the Middletown and Harlem campus? 508 OOS. Thanks.
In my opinion, better late than never. Obviously you'll be at a disadvantage for having waited, but let ADCOM decide that one.

Harlem is smack in the middle of NYC, Middletown is about an 1.5 hours outside of the city in a large town.

Definitely try it! The secondary can be a little hefty financially, but your application could go to two schools depending on what you select! They have videos on the website that shows what life is like in Harlem versus Middletown! GOOD LUCK!!