2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted! I interviewed end of September.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is really quiet compared to the others...is there a reason for that? I almost didn't apply here but my advisor was very positive about it. Interviewing on the 25th. Anyone else for 11/25?

I interviewed yesterday and thought the faculty and other interviewees were great. enjoyed the day overall. my interview was also very low stress.

Reactions: 1 user
Why does it seem like they are WL or rejecting so many applicants compared to previous cycles?

This thread is really quiet compared to the others...is there a reason for that? I almost didn't apply here but my advisor was very positive about it. Interviewing on the 25th. Anyone else for 11/25?

I don’t think so! The threads for other schools have also looked quieter?

I know there’s a storm that hit in the area and closed businesses and schools today so they may be affected by it too

So I emailed dean rose and he said that the 11/4 group has been completely reviewed by the committee and the executive dean will need to sign off on the decisions (probably on tuesday or wednesday)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope someone with no acceptances yet gets it!

Reactions: 1 users
Just put my deposit down here, maybe I’ll see some of ya this summer :)

Congrats! When did you hear back that you were accepted? How long did they give you to put the deposit down?
I heard back about a month ago and was given until December 18th for the deposit

accepted :) will most likely be attending. interviewed 11/4. Was not expecting this at all. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone think the rest of the November interviewees will hear back before the holidays? Interviewed on 11/18

Last edited:
Interviewed 11/11. Accepted today.

• Love
I'm a bit late, but I declined my interview invite at the Harlem Campus (the one I designated on my application). My preferred area was in the southeast U.S. and I've decided to decline all interviews outside of that area now that I actually got accepted into great schools in my desired location. Additionally, I will be a military HPSP candidate and receive a standard stipend every month for living expenses (this doesn't change depending on the state I am in) - I would rather live somewhere affordable and save instead of living month to month. I know there are so many of you who deem Touro-NY as a top choice and deserve the opportunity! Good luck to each of you!

Primary Completed: 7/30
Secondary Offered: 7/31
Secondary Completed: 10/30 (late due to personal emergency)
Secondary Received: 11/8
Interview Invite: 11/20
Application Withdrawn: 11/25

Interviewed 11/11, rejected 12/12.

I am still not over the rejection. This is my first application cycle, and this was my first and only interview so far.

Interview 11/11 waitlisted. Anybody remember what they said about chances of getting off waitlist

Interviewed 11/11 accepted today!!!! My first medical school acceptance! Congrats everyone!

Interview 11/11 waitlisted. Anybody remember what they said about chances of getting off waitlist

I don't remember them saying anything super specific but that they welcome you to express interest again to help them help you :)

Interviewed 11/11, rejected 12/12.

I am still not over the rejection. This is my first application cycle, and this was my first and only interview so far.

I'm sorry to hear! There may be something else on the horizon though! One of my friends got their only interview in late March and ended up matriculating! Thank you also for sharing :) I admire your honesty and transparency

Does anyone know when the expected start date would be for 2020? My parents are planning a vacation in July and I'm trying to make sure I can go before buying a plane ticket

Does anyone know when the expected start date would be for 2020? My parents are planning a vacation in July and I'm trying to make sure I can go before buying a plane ticket
The white coat ceremony is Monday, July 27th. The rest of the week would be orientation and then classes would start Monday, August 3rd.

I agree - but the building looks amazing on the inside (maybe the not so much the dorms) and they have great facilities. They have a gym inside the building, but is owned and operated by the company that runs the dorms. Middletown might be a little depressing, but that means less distractions from studying. was it #4 among all the COMS for comlex first time pass rate? they also recommend taking USMLE. And I agree that the faculty was very motivated to teach. I can live with the sadness of the place - they have good rotations sites though if you wanna stay in NY ;)
i got a very similar vibe while i interviewed there on 11/11. dreary little place. dorms felt like jail cells and as i remember, there were few windows in any of the halls. staircases were loud and unfinished. honestly, i thought the building was pretty dirty inside and out. faculty was WONDERFUL and i did enjoy my interview day. Also, i was very unimpressed with the demo lecture recording that they showed us. it was like 7 years old or something, when the professor had just started teaching there. and honestly, it was not great. im confused why they even showed us this video.
Now i know its possible that my impressions could have been shaped by a number of things, emotions/stress during interview day, a previous acceptance to a school i liked a little more, the long and dreary drive across PA. the motel6 i stayed in.. lol.

can anyone counter my thoughts please? I dont want to turn them down becuase of a poor first impression that could be inaccurate.