2019-2020 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Did y’all get a complete email after submitting?

I submitted 8/1 and got an email later saying I was complete or something and that they wouldn’t start reviewing applications until September. OOS, nothing yet.

Did y’all get a complete email after submitting?
Everything for me was complete 7/30, but I didn't get a complete email until 8/5. There might be some lag time.
OOS and still have not received anything yet

Just received an II! I am OOS but have lived in NC close to the SC border all my life so idk if that means anything. The tuition alone is kinda crazy for OOS though; does anyone know what their financial aid is like in terms of scholarships?

Just received an II! I am OOS but have lived in NC close to the SC border all my life so idk if that means anything. The tuition alone is kinda crazy for OOS though; does anyone know what their financial aid is like in terms of scholarships?
They give 4 40,000 dollar scholarships and then 10-20 15,000 dollar scholarships (if I remember correctly from my interview!)

Reactions: 1 user
You get instate tuition after a year as well.

anyone else IS and well above the averages for usc gvl and still in silence from them? Complete since July and pretty sad, Greenville feels most like home out of any of the med cities in SC

Interview invite yesterday! I'm OOS, but have close ties and did undergrad in SC. Anyone have any tips on their interview process, particularly the MMI portion?

Interview invite yesterday! I'm OOS, but have close ties and did undergrad in SC. Anyone have any tips on their interview process, particularly the MMI portion?

hey I did Medex at gville where they’re trained us on MMI. Really all you have to do is find a way to be compassionate, respectful, and well-spoken. You’re not meant to know what you’re speaking on medically, just know how to gracefully handle the situation.

So I went and visited the Greenville campus, (the town is super cute!) but I understand the school also has a Columbia campus. I've applied to both but I understand some colleges refused to compete between campuses. Does anyone know if you have a chance at being interviewed at either?

Last edited:
So I went and visited the Greenville campus, (the town is super cute!) but I understand the school also has a Columbia campus. I've applied to both but I understand some colleges refused to compete between campuses. Does anyone know if you have a chance at being interviewed at either?
I interviewed at both!

Thank you! Any major differences in them that you felt were important?
They're both great schools! I personally liked the location of Greenville better, but it's a much smaller town so if you're more into a city, you may like Columbia better. Columbia seemed bigger to me, but I think they're pretty similar in terms of class size. The facilities at both were really nice, but since Greenville only opened a few years ago, it's definitely newer. Overall though both schools were really nice!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Received an II on 11/11! I was complete on 08/27 and the only date offered to me was 12/04.

To the people that have already interviewed, could you give your experience/advice on the MMI block?

Any recent II’s??
Last cycle I received my II the first of January for a late January interview (about 3 weeks later). It’s still early in the cycle, so there’s plenty of time to hear back!

thank you Dr. MBP, really gives me hope. Hopefully, this is true for other schools I applied to.