2019 ITE score release?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToKingdomCome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do the scores come out?

Also not that much weight for intern year ITE score unless you completely bomb it?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably in a week or so. Came out approx. apr 9 last year. Unless your program is dumb enough to put importance on it, intern ite should be a wash.

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently my PD called the ABA today and received the generic “Mid-April” timeline.

Members don't see this ad :)
7-8 weeks from test date seems to have been a common gap over the past few years. this coming Saturday (4/13) marks 7 weeks since I took it. I’m guessing results next week or the week after.

Our program received results today.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got our scores this afternoon. 90th percentile. Seems like Truelearn is pretty good since I didn't use any other books or resources.

Nice. How did it correlate to your truelearn percentile?

got my score too, my scores dropped every year as i did fewer true learn questions as i cared less. i did half the qbank this time and scored < 90% which is really bad for sdn. the truelearn percentile didn't really correlate much for me.. ca1/2 years my percentile on truelearn was lower than ca3 percentile, but i still did better in ca1/2 year even adjusting for CA year.

ijhUy3Q.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it looks like the prevalence of QBanks (especially ones where some questions are lifted) has changed the game somewhat. I remember the top 3-5 scores usually representing 98-99th through the CA-3 group.

91%ile CA1 year here

Awesome! How did you study, if you don't mind me asking?

Little bitter about my score (39/86). Busted my ass trying to break into that 90th percentile group. All AKT's 95-99+%, Truelearn Basic and ITE 98% among CA-1's, but just couldn't make it happen when it really counted.

Someone told me that 90th+ percentile is essentially mandatory for Cardiac (w/ the caveat that certain undesirable locations are more lenient). Really hoping that's not the case.

Little bitter about my score (39/86). Busted my ass trying to break into that 90th percentile group. All AKT's 95-99+%, Truelearn Basic and ITE 98% among CA-1's, but just couldn't make it happen when it really counted.

Someone told me that 90th+ percentile is essentially mandatory for Cardiac (w/ the caveat that certain undesirable locations are more lenient). Really hoping that's not the case.
I can tell you my studying involved doing about 400 truelearn questions, listening to ACCRAC podcasts that were relevant, and watching a bunch of the University of Kentucky YouTube videos for the ITE. Scaled score of 43 (up from 32 last year). Currently a PGY-2.

I can tell you my studying involved doing about 400 truelearn questions, listening to ACCRAC podcasts that were relevant, and watching a bunch of the University of Kentucky YouTube videos for the ITE. Scaled score of 43 (up from 32 last year). Currently a PGY-2.

Damn, wonder what we're doing differently. I've listened to some of the relevant ACCRAC episodes (about half of the 114) as well, but never watched any UK videos. Maybe you're just a better test taker. Kill it on steps too?

Damn, wonder what we're doing differently. I've listened to some of the relevant ACCRAC episodes (about half of the 114) as well, but never watched any UK videos. Maybe you're just a better test taker. Kill it on steps too?
240s, but I can tell you I studied a lot longer and harder than most all of my friends and classmates as far as I could tell. I do think I've got a good approach to multiple choice tests and have kind of mastered that side of things.

90+ percentile is not mandatory for cardiac. While it’s a very nice score and will increase your likelihood, it’s not mandatory. Tons of people have matched into cardiac with under a 90+% at great programs on both coasts. I don’t know where folks hear this info from.

Yeah it looks like the prevalence of QBanks (especially ones where some questions are lifted) has changed the game somewhat. I remember the top 3-5 scores usually representing 98-99th through the CA-3 group.

When I was a ca3 I got 94%tile on my ITE with a scaled score of 41. The same scaled score would be less than 70%tile today

I highly doubt that only 90%ile+ get cardiac. In all fairness 86 and 91 are pretty much the same. I am sure there isn’t much difference in your prep and mine. We all have our days. Our program doesn’t do AKTs so can’t relate. And TrueLearn was pretty predictive. Keep doing what you are doing.best of luck buddy

Ah yes.... The ITE. Fun times. As I usually scored 99th percentile on those things, it was always a nice way of obliquely letting a belligerent resident, fellow or attending know that it was time to go **** themselves. ;)

90th percentile being even remotely required for cardiac would not make sense given that there are 212 spots for cardiac fellowship and ~1500 graduating anesthesiology residents. Granted I suspect the ITE percentiles used for the corresponding raws have an element of historic cohorts used for assignment, however, even with this they are probably not off by such a degree that 90th would even be close to required.

I didn’t think fellowship, even cardiac and pain, were that difficult to get if you applied broadly and were a little above average.

Wait you need a >90 percentile to match cards or pain? I thought I did decent, but I guess those are out the window

Wait you need a >90 percentile to match cards or pain? I thought I did decent, but I guess those are out the window

Yeah, sorry to be fearmongering, that was just something I heard from an attending but could be he was just trying to scare me. Seems like that is not the case (thank goodness)

Yeah, sorry to be fearmongering, that was just something I heard from an attending but could be he was just trying to scare me. Seems like that is not the case (thank goodness)

I know people who matched into those 2 with ITE scores nowhere near the 90+%iles

Reactions: 1 user
Best thing was my program pays for Basic if we get 75%+

Your program doesnt pay for it for everyone? Thats cheap

Yeah, and although it may seem low for SDN, 75% is kinda a high bar. My program doesn’t pay for everyone, but I think our bar is only at 35th percentile.

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of programs don’t pay for the basic or advanced exam. My program only reimburses the Basic and not the advanced.

Our program gets 500 dollars baseline educational funds, plus 1000 if you get over the 50th% on ITE. We can use that towards basic, advanced, re-licensing.