2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if we haven’t heard back yet, should we just sit in a corner and cry? Orrr?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
So if we haven’t heard back yet, should we just sit in a corner and cry? Orrr?
Hope they accept more another day… and sit in a corner and cry. But I’m saving that for my car later. Commuting is proper cry time

Here to report one more A off the WL!!! Came just in time bc I was about to begin the reapplication process
I wish the best of luck sincerely to anyone on a WL--you can do it!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here to report one more A off the WL!!! Came just in time bc I was about to begin the reapplication process
I wish the best of luck sincerely to anyone on a WL--you can do it!
congrats! What time did it come in?

@CWRU.Sman i really appreciate the transparency you’ve been giving us with the whole admissions process. Is the majority of WL movement done as of today morning or can we be optimistic about hearing more in the coming days?

Reactions: 5 users
@CWRU.Sman i really appreciate the transparency you’ve been giving us with the whole admissions process. Is the majority of WL movement done as of today morning or can we be optimistic about hearing more in the coming days?
Sorry, we're done for today. We're always watching and having to prepare for "secondary melt" - meaning, as other schools go to their waitlists, it causes a trickle down effect through other schools. That could occur throughout this week and next as schools are settling their classes. This is always an unpredictable time...

Reactions: 7 users
what's the best way to reach out current MS1s to ask a few questions?
are there any MS1s here who can help out :)

Dr. Sussman, would you have any information for MSTP applicants to Case Western?
Suss as in Among Us? I think you meant Essman. ;) Anyway, MSTP seems stable for now but always monitoring their class.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Suss as in Among Us? I think you meant Essman. ;) Anyway, MSTP seems stable for now but always monitoring their class.
Just here patiently waiting for university movement 👀

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call this am! Was literally studying for MCAT physics when I got the call. I had given up hope on gaining admission to school this cycle. This thread has been very helpful (thank you all for contributing) throughout this cycle and best of luck to those still on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got the call this am! Was literally studying for MCAT physics when I got the call. I had given up hope on gaining admission to school this cycle. This thread has been very helpful (thank you all for contributing) throughout this cycle and best of luck to those still on the waitlist!
CONGRATSSS!@!@!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you happen to know anything about the college program? I understand that they’re separate...

Hi Dr. Essman, are you able to give insight on how many people were placed on the alt list and how many people were accepted off it? I think it’s helpful information to know to see if we have a shot at gaining an acceptance or plan our next steps if the prospects are quite slim
Hi! Similar situation. Things seem to be stable but there can be spot filled here and a spot filled there.

Hi! Similar situation. Things seem to be stable but there can be spot filled here and a spot filled there.
Hi Christian, is it the same deal for the University Program? As so we can expect minimal movement moving forward.

Hi. Just withdrew my A earlier today (UP). Best of luck to everyone on WL.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hoping they have a second wave of acceptances sometime soon 🥺

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Is that an expected possibility?!
Not sure if I would call it expected but I would hope/think they’d have a couple open spots after three weeks of WL movement at other schools (unless such a wave already happened and was not reported on here)

How much more waitlist movement do you all think happen after the CTE deadline? Maybe around June 1, when folks CTE at other schools?

Pretty much the same right now and we're constantly things.
First I’d like to thank you for all the help for this cycle and hopefully the next cycle goes well!

With May gone and the CTE deadline for Case approaching, I was wondering if you had any information on how much WL movement we should expect to see from the UP going forward? Thanks :)

First I’d like to thank you for all the help for this cycle and hopefully the next cycle goes well!

With May gone and the CTE deadline for Case approaching, I was wondering if you had any information on how much WL movement we should expect to see from the UP going forward? Thanks :)
To be completely honest, I wouldn't anticipate a lot of changes at this point. Waitlist movement is always a domino effect among admissions offices and this activity seems to have settled down a bit compared to what we were seeing in the first two weeks of May. We really don't get a heads up that an applicant has received another acceptance unless the applicant notifies us. Therefore, this news comes out of the blue to us which is why it makes it rather difficult for us to make predictions that something might change. I wish I had a crystal ball... but I don't.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't anticipate a lot of changes at this point. Waitlist movement is always a domino effect among admissions offices and this activity seems to have settled down a bit compared to what we were seeing in the first two weeks of May. We really don't get a heads up that an applicant has received another acceptance unless the applicant notifies us. Therefore, this news comes out of the blue to us which is why it makes it rather difficult for us to make predictions that something might change. I wish I had a crystal ball... but I don't.
Totally expected and understandable. Just felt like reaching out before finalizing plans for another school. I really appreciate it :)

Sooo we all gonna get our rejections soon orrrr?

• Care
Might be some movement today and tomorrow to fill out remaining spots, if any.
So, it seems like the incoming class is set. I am an incoming medical student at CWRU, and we received an email saying that the class is now set. At this point, I wouldn't expect any waitlist movement.

to anyone who got accepted into CCLCM or currently in the program: when did u guys first receive decisions? I haven't seen any info. i was certain that they would start around now but I haven't heard anything.. :(